WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Search/Requests (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   simple bars above mobs (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31733)

Jahda 04-07-10 02:59 AM

simple bars above mobs

hello all,

I would like to know if someone could tell me what addons deal with bars above mobs heads? I mean some addon that improves Blizz horrific and enormous bars.

What i would need at best would be an addon that allows to remove all informations and graphical stuff that are not exculsively "health". That means a totally minimalistic rectangle, which size and color i can configure.
What by the way would be perfect would be if i could add or replace this bar by an aggro rage. For multitanking it would be cool, as well as for aoe dpsing ^^

I used to know one addon that did that but unfortunately it never was up-to-date, and was using a lot of graphical performance.

Thanks for your help, and c u later ! :)

Jahda

Torhal 04-07-10 03:20 AM

You want VirtualPlates.

Byakko 04-07-10 03:43 AM

Actually, VirtualPlates just gives the illusion of depth. It does not alter the appearance of the plates.

I think what you want is Tidy Plates. specifically with the Clean Plates theme. It has the look I think you're looking for, and allows sizing customization and for specific units (mostly for a PvP purpose but check it out).

sakurakira 04-07-10 04:00 AM

Check out many popular ones, complete with screenshots, on Vranx.

Zyonin 04-07-10 04:38 AM

The bar above mobs is called a "Nameplate"

You can do a search for Nameplates on this site or:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sakurakira (Post 184229)
Check out many popular ones, complete with screenshots, on Vranx.

Check out the above mentioned site. I can vouch for Vranx's site as he does a nice short writeup of each mod and then links back to the mod's host site.

Popular nameplate mods include

TidyPlates (many different layouts available)
Aloft (a bit weighty however it adds a lot of functionality to the nameplates
caelNameplates (minimalist reskin of the default NamePlates)

However there are plenty more NamePlate mods so just search on our site or check out Vranx's site.

nightcracker 04-07-10 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zyonin (Post 184231)
I can vouch for Vranx's site as he does a nice short writeup of each mod

He just copied the description found on WoWI for ncNameplates :rolleyes:

Fodaro 04-07-10 09:37 AM

Docs UI Nameplates is very minimalistic, and very configurable. You might want to try it.

acapela 04-07-10 11:28 AM

the Aloft FAQ maintains a list here.

Jahda 04-30-10 01:51 AM

Presently i'm using DocsUI Nameplates for multitarget aggro management, and it's quite efficient, but i was actually wondering if maybe there was one addon that i didn't try which allows to keep the color given to "tanked mob" if the mob is effectively tanked by the second or third tank of the gorup?

I mean, being warned that you don't tank a mob isn't interesting if this mob is tanked by someone whose role is to do it. And always having all the mobs on oneself isn't a very comfortable thing for the healers. Ain't not easy anyways to keeep them all on you against the DPS. I suppose you see what i mean ... :)

danltiger 04-30-10 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahda (Post 186499)
Presently i'm using DocsUI Nameplates for multitarget aggro management, and it's quite efficient, but i was actually wondering if maybe there was one addon that i didn't try which allows to keep the color given to "tanked mob" if the mob is effectively tanked by the second or third tank of the gorup?

I mean, being warned that you don't tank a mob isn't interesting if this mob is tanked by someone whose role is to do it. And always having all the mobs on oneself isn't a very comfortable thing for the healers. Ain't not easy anyways to keeep them all on you against the DPS. I suppose you see what i mean ... :)

The original Blizzard 'donor' nameplate (which all nameplate addons use) doesn't tell us anything about the current target (other than letting you know if it's you), so we rely on unitid and API functions to glean this information. That means, it's usually necessary to mouseover a nameplate to update that information. I'm not sure if DOCs does it this way, but here's what Tidy Plates offers in the way of multi-tanking: Tug-o-Threat widget

Jahda 04-30-10 11:21 AM

whoot. That seems so phat... i'm gonna try it right away and give you my feelings, if you care about it naturally :)

thx due for time spent answering :) (and for mind using ^^ )