WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Bug Reports (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Keymappings: Using Steelseries Cata Mouse buttons - nUI doesn't save (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38035)

Marthisdil 12-31-10 09:22 AM

Keymappings: Using Steelseries Cata Mouse buttons - nUI doesn't save

Scott,
Messing around with the SteelSeries Cata Mouse...have it setup. Game detects and uses it fine. If I go to remap a hotkey to use a mouse button, the key binder sees me assign say, Mouse Button 9, I click OK, but nUI doesn't keep the mapping.

No label on the hotkey. If I go back to look at the mapping (ctrl-alt-right click), shows that there is no mapping.

Using some other buttons (Mouse Button 4, 5, scroll wheel) save appropriately.

spiel2001 12-31-10 10:13 AM

Are you doing the mapping through nUI's key mapping interface (ctrl-alt-right-click on an action button) or using the Blizzard key binding interface (press Escape and select "Key Bindings")?

Marthisdil 01-05-11 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 225004)
Are you doing the mapping through nUI's key mapping interface (ctrl-alt-right-click on an action button) or using the Blizzard key binding interface (press Escape and select "Key Bindings")?

Scott - I'm using the ctrl-alt-right click on an action button. Mappings through WoW's own keybindings seem to remember just fine.

spiel2001 01-05-11 01:29 PM

Okay... so then you should be able to use the BLizzard Key Binding interface and scroll down the page to the nUI action bar section and set your key bindings in there. I'll figure out what's going on with nUI's custom key binding interface when I implement it in nUI6. Just make sure you're setting the key bindings on nUI's action bars and not blizzard's action bars when you use the Blizz Key Binding UI.

Marthisdil 01-11-11 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 225642)
Okay... so then you should be able to use the BLizzard Key Binding interface and scroll down the page to the nUI action bar section and set your key bindings in there. I'll figure out what's going on with nUI's custom key binding interface when I implement it in nUI6. Just make sure you're setting the key bindings on nUI's action bars and not blizzard's action bars when you use the Blizz Key Binding UI.

Scott - will give it a try and respond back to you.

Thanks!

Marthisdil 01-12-11 06:47 PM

Scott - confirmed last night that going through ESC > Keybindings and mapping the keys there DOES work as intended. nUI will label the keys correctly.

However, if I attempt to map the keys by doing ctrl-alt-right click it'll show the key mapped, but it doesn't keep it, nor display it.

Hope this helps.

BTW, goes up to Mouse Button 14 or 15 and has a scroll wheel as well. Seems that the ctrl-alt-right click works with buttons 1-6 and the scroll wheel, just none higher.

spiel2001 01-12-11 10:37 PM

Okay -- many thanks for the input... I'll need you to do some testing for me with nUi6 when I get the key bindings code in there.

Marthisdil 01-13-11 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 226574)
Okay -- many thanks for the input... I'll need you to do some testing for me with nUi6 when I get the key bindings code in there.

No problem at all!