WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Community Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Why are we using nUI? (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39171)

jriggz 03-05-11 01:33 AM

Why are we using nUI?

So. nUI 5.x is too bugged to be reliable since WoW 4.01. nUI 6 isn't ready at all. Why, I wonder, are we still here and supporting this addon?

Maybe it's not bugged for others, but as a warlock it's almost useless.

I'm sorry, spiel, I've supported your endeavors for quite a long time, but I can no longer justify reloading the UI in the middle of an elite fight and then dying (I'm 85, fighting a 70+) because of a bugged UI. Maybe things will get better in the future, but it's definitely time to go back to Dominos and my myriad of other addons I used before discovering nUI.

You've lost me (and a lot of my friends, apparently).

Good luck to you.

Seer 03-05-11 01:52 AM

Not aware of any bugs in 5 that makes playing a lock useless, neither in v6.

And I pretty much only play a lock and only raid mostly these days.

It's not like there haven't been fixes the past few weeks for v5. I would liked it more if that time was spend on v6 and that there was an update to it that fixes the tooltip.

Perhaps reporting the bugs you find is more helpful then what you just posted anyway.

Xrystal 03-05-11 08:11 AM

Hmm, what problems are you having as a warlock ? The only minor problem I came across was the pet bar not displaying properly but I recently created a macro that helped resolve that and posted it on the site here for people to use in the interim.

Please bear in mind that there is only 1 developer for this addon and he is also trying to get the next improved version out of the door too. He is only 1 man and can only do so much with his spare time once work and family have had their share of his life. Whilst it may look like he has a group working with him we simply help out where we can but in the end it is only Scott that can make the final changes to the project itself.

So in answer to your question: I am using nUI because it is as close to a UI that I would have envisioned writing myself one day. But, whether I would have had the commitment to keep it going as long as Scott has is another matter. Bear that in mind :D

The project I am sure like many others started out as a personal UI design that gradually exploded onto the scene as more and more people wanted to use it. The more people that use it increases the more chance that something is spotted that wasn't planned for. This happens in programming unfortunately. But as has been said. Any serious problems that are reasonably simple to fix has been fixed within a week of it being reported. Can you say the same for every other addon you have that is as big with just the one developer on the case ?

Chmee 03-05-11 09:15 AM

Maybe it's just me, but the older I get, the more jerks I seem to run across.:eek::rolleyes:

todd0168 03-09-11 11:18 AM

The one thing I actually find interesting about the op's post is that it is his only post so far on the WoWI forums. Hmmmm.....

Crystalyn 03-13-11 12:32 PM

I use and continue to use nui because I love it. I like having everything "neat and tidy" on my screen (wish it was as easy to keep my house nice and tidy with 3 kids, 1 dog and 4 cats). I have a several different toons and have noticed no issues that make anything unplayable, including my warlock. Did you look in the forums to see if anyone else had the same problem? Or post about it to see if there was an easy fix? If not then doesn't the blame actually lay with you? If you don't ask for help then how can anyone know there is a problem? No one here is psychic....... :D

Driller 03-16-11 11:23 AM

I have only just started using NUI and find it so much easyer to play wow now everthing in one and easy to reach.

marioinfinity 03-20-11 04:51 AM

nUI 6.0 is a lot like Duke Nukem. :p

Personally, I stopped using nUI just because with 3 monitors it kinda ticks me off too much (eyefinity ftw!); but I'll always be a supporter of nUI. And its soo awesome to use out of the box; I always push it to guildies/friends etc.

Just havta hope its like Duke Nukem as it will come to be, and not take 12years to happen lolol

@ OP -> your loss buddy:cool: