WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Technical Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   can someone give me link to 5.02 (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22268)

dmge 04-16-09 12:55 PM

can someone give me link to 5.02

I am looking for a download source for 5.02. I really want my nui back

spiel2001 04-16-09 12:56 PM

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=22095

dmge 04-16-09 01:00 PM

I have downloaded that version and it is the same as the version i had. I am having issue getting it configured I have no cast bar and I have no icons in the bottom bar. It just stays black. I am feeling kinda dub at this point

spiel2001 04-16-09 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmge (Post 127425)
I have downloaded that version and it is the same as the version i had. I am having issue getting it configured I have no cast bar and I have no icons in the bottom bar. It just stays black. I am feeling kinda dub at this point

I'm confused... if you have the 5.02.00 Development installed, why did you ask for a link to the 5.02? In any event, if you do have the right version installed, then please check this post... http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=22251

dmge 04-16-09 01:22 PM

Okay i do not have the correct version then. the version that I have is the old one. I do not have access to download the new version. Is there something that i need to sign up for in order to be granted access???

spiel2001 04-16-09 01:31 PM

The first link I gave you told you which version you need and gave you the instructions on how to get it. In any event, go to http://www.nUIaddon.com/plus.html and sign up for the newsletter... it will give you the instructions on how to access the nUI+ download area so you can get the correct version.

dmge 04-16-09 01:51 PM

Okay that was very clear, thank you for the help. One more question though. About how long does it take to receive the email for the newsletter information. I have signed up for that yesterday. Thanks

spiel2001 04-16-09 01:59 PM

Usually less than 5 minutes.

When you signed up, you got a message asking you to confirm your subscription with a link in it to click, yes? That should have arrived almost immediately after you sent in your subscription info. Once you click the link to confirm your subscription, it only takes another minute or two to get the "Welcome to the nUI Newsletter" e-mail with the instructions in it.

todd3835 04-16-09 04:44 PM

A good way to tell if you got a new version is when you first log in a toon with a new version, Scott was generous to have a window that says "<Toon Name> has been upgraded to nUI+ v.XX.XX.XX". If you don't see that, you aren't running a new version.....

On a side note to Scott:
While this "feature" is nice so that you know your using a new version, can we possibly (when you've had some sleep of course) change this to be an account thing, as opposed to a charecter one? After 2 or 3 toons it starts to get mildly annoying =] Just a thought!

-Todd

spiel2001 04-16-09 05:30 PM

Unfortunately, the whole version checking thing has to be on a per character basis because of the way the saved variables file works. That message is the product of having actually updated your saved variables from one version to the next and it is on a per character basis.

I've got 25 toons myself, so yeah... I understand. But until I can come up with a way to update all of the toons saved variables at one time -- which is not a trivial undertaking -- it's kinda stuck that way.

:(

Alexandre Brault 04-19-09 06:17 PM

I don't really see why you couldn't simply use a different variable for the version and save that as a globally saved variable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 127612)
Unfortunately, the whole version checking thing has to be on a per character basis because of the way the saved variables file works. That message is the product of having actually updated your saved variables from one version to the next and it is on a per character basis.

I've got 25 toons myself, so yeah... I understand. But until I can come up with a way to update all of the toons saved variables at one time -- which is not a trivial undertaking -- it's kinda stuck that way.

:(

spiel2001 04-19-09 06:23 PM

No... what you're missing is that message is generated when nUI has gone through the saved variable data for that player and updated it to the new version of nUI. That message is a confirmation that the update *for that character* was completed.

If at login of one character I could go through and updated the saved variables data for all characters, then I could only show you that message once. But, I can't do that. I can't update the saved variable data for a character until you log in on that character.

But seriously, it takes how long to click the "X" on that box?

neuralassassin 04-19-09 06:45 PM

Rofl... you are spoiling people by fixing all their problems stop working so hard :p
.....wait nvm get back to work slacker!!!

wreck 04-20-09 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neuralassassin (Post 128948)
Rofl... you are spoiling people by fixing all their problems stop working so hard :p
.....wait nvm get back to work slacker!!!

Actually I'd say just the opposite. By having the special double secret download area he is creating MORE work for himself. First rule of software support, people NEVER read the instructions. The harder you make it for people to support themselves, the more work you create for yourself.

I fully understand Scott's reason for wanting to know who is getting the latest release of nUI, but the extra workload is to be expected.

Trust me, if you lock the door and leave a note on the door saying the key is under the mat, you will STILL get calls asking you where you put the key. Human nature is an immovable object.
:banana::banana::banana::cool:

spiel2001 04-20-09 12:31 PM

Truer words were never spoken.

~lol~

You would be amazed at the things I have seen and read in the last week... I won't point out any publicly as I would never embarrass anyone for things like that but... yeah... wow.

:D