WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Community Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Here's to you Scott (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21326)

Tehryn 03-21-09 08:15 PM

Here's to you Scott

Hey Scott,

I've been following the Addon Policy Change thread in the forum (up to page 39 now...) and notwithstanding the trolls and crapartists that feel the need to stir up mod authors and their supporters, I am 100% behind you and hope that you will continue to refine and polish nUI for a long time to come. As always, I appreciate your time, effort and willingness to not only develop nUI but also be as involved in the forum here as you are.

By the way... what the #*@!@$* are you doing here reading this post huh? Get back to the other forum!

~lol~

spiel2001 03-21-09 09:10 PM

~lol~

Nah... I've pretty much moved on from the debate... better things to do. I think pretty much all of the points that can be made have been made. Now it's up to Bliz.

Loso86 03-22-09 03:31 AM

also sorry to hear about what happened, if you need to know any great free hosting site's let me know i can hook you up with some great one's that are better then payed hosting sites.

Xrystal 03-22-09 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loso86 (Post 121425)
also sorry to hear about what happened, if you need to know any great free hosting site's let me know i can hook you up with some great one's that are better then payed hosting sites.

And on that note:

It might not be much but I am already paying for a domain name and am currently using it for my guild website and my own personal hobbies. I will gladly get a subdomain set up you can use for nUI usage if you ever need to.

In the mean time I will post up nUI images and links to your website for my fellow guildies to peruse. Although I know one of my guildies had to drop your addon as it hogged his system too much but he did love it.

spiritwulf 03-22-09 04:51 AM

Ouch, time to get a new pc. Until recently i was playing wow on a 5yr old dell with nui and about 40 other addons loaded. If he is having that much trouble with nUI installed he needs a new pc hehe.

Xrystal 03-22-09 11:58 AM

He's upgraded it a bit I think but wasn't allowed to go too crazy as they have a kid on the way so wife has put her foot down.

spiel2001 03-22-09 12:02 PM

OKay... I am *really* confused.

There's like this whole conversation about something that happened to someone and me needing a host for my web site and I have *no* clue what any of it is about?

Is there a message that got deleted or I'm not seeing or something?

:confused:

Aerador 03-22-09 02:11 PM

*raises glass*

Thank you Scott for continuing development on nUI. You good sir are quite the gentleman.

Quote:

There's like this whole conversation about something that happened to someone and me needing a host for my web site and I have *no* clue what any of it is about?

I think people are just saying they'd lend a hand with hosting if you needed. One can never have too much hosting?

Loso86 03-22-09 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 121485)

:confused:

Yeah i was saying, if you ever needed a hand with hosting or just to have a back up of your stuff or anything i know some great free hosting sites that are better then most payed hosting sites.

spiel2001 03-22-09 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loso86 (Post 121613)
Yeah i was saying, if you ever needed a hand with hosting or just to have a back up of your stuff or anything i know some great free hosting sites that are better then most payed hosting sites.

I appreciate that.

Right now I'm hosted at yourpowerhost.com and it's still paid for about 16 more months, so I'm in pretty should shape for a while. But I may look to mirror at some point. I'll keep you in mind, and thank you.

Petrah 03-22-09 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 121616)
I appreciate that.

I'm hosted at yourpowerhost.com

:(
I really wish I had met you before you got hosting there.

Cairenn 03-22-09 08:11 PM

Just a reminder here guys. Other than one specific file, he doesn't actually have to pay a cent for hosting. We happily give him everything he needs right here. He and I already talked about it and the only reason why he's still running his own site is because he already had it in place previously and there was still time left on the contract. :)

spiel2001 03-22-09 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silenia (Post 121627)
:(
I really wish I had met you before you got hosting there.

I've had hosting there since 2004 or maybe it was earlier than that.

Go look up "K Scott Piel" "MarketBeasts.com" and "Emax" on Google.

http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/news.html?d=52335

They ended up bankrupting the business, defaulting on the purchase and leaving me holding the bag. The servers at yourpowerhost.com is all I have left.

Petrah 03-22-09 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 121629)
I've had hosting there since 2004 or maybe it was earlier than that.

Go look up "K Scott Piel" "MarketBeasts.com" and "Emax" on Google.

http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/news.html?d=52335

They ended up bankrupting the business, defaulting on the purchase and leaving me holding the bag. The servers at yourpowerhost.com is all I have left.

What I meant was, if I had known you before you got that, I could of told you that you could own a site just like that. The servers themselves belong to GoDaddy/Wild West Domains. Essentially, if you went to GoDaddy to be a reseller of domain names and hosting, you would pay 99 bucks a year and get that very same site identical to yourpowerhost.com... and you could sell your own hosting and sell domain names which would essentially make your own personal sites free. That number you see at the very top of their site, if you call it you will be speaking to Wild West Domains.. sister company to GoDaddy.

But, if you own that site then you can ignore my post cuz you know all that anyways lol.

spiel2001 03-22-09 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silenia (Post 121634)
What I meant was, if I had known you before you got that, I could of told you that you could own a site just like that. The servers themselves belong to GoDaddy/Wild West Domains. Essentially, if you went to GoDaddy to be a reseller of domain names and hosting, you would pay 99 bucks a year and get that very same site identical to yourpowerhost.com... and you could sell your own hosting and sell domain names which would essentially make your own personal sites free. That number you see at the very top of their site, if you call it you will be speaking to Wild West Domains.. sister company to GoDaddy.

But, if you own that site then you can ignore my post cuz you know all that anyways lol.

Nah... I don't own it. I'm one of the sheep... but it was all pre-paid years ago.

Delmara 03-22-09 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silenia (Post 121634)

I wouldn't necessarily call Wild West Domains (WWD) a sister company they are GoDaddy. If you call the tech support for WWD (or even the tech support number on a hosting site that uses WWD) you'll get GoDaddy's tech support. The exact same people that answer GoDaddy's tech support number. If you've ever called them have you ever noticed that they don't answer with "Thank you for calling GoDaddy, WWD, etc"? They're not supposed to reveal that it's the same company. If they did it causes a lot of confusion for the customer.

spiritwulf 03-23-09 01:51 AM

Ill throw another loop at ya. Its not actualy godaddy or wwd answering the phones. Im in the customer Support buisness and we ARE the outsource you will get 50% of the time when you call for help. cell phones, pc's, dsl, cable, the list goes on and on. We do customer service phone work for them all. Forgive me for not giving specifics but some things are considered a nono.

Delmara 03-23-09 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiritwulf (Post 121680)
Ill throw another loop at ya. Its not actualy godaddy or wwd answering the phones. Im in the customer Support buisness and we ARE the outsource you will get 50% of the time when you call for help. cell phones, pc's, dsl, cable, the list goes on and on. We do customer service phone work for them all. Forgive me for not giving specifics but some things are considered a nono.

lol ... unless godaddy started outsourcing after I left them a little over a year ago I can assure you that their customer support is all in house and based in the US. :)

Petrah 03-23-09 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delmara (Post 121663)
I wouldn't necessarily call Wild West Domains (WWD) a sister company they are GoDaddy. If you call the tech support for WWD (or even the tech support number on a hosting site that uses WWD) you'll get GoDaddy's tech support. The exact same people that answer GoDaddy's tech support number. If you've ever called them have you ever noticed that they don't answer with "Thank you for calling GoDaddy, WWD, etc"? They're not supposed to reveal that it's the same company. If they did it causes a lot of confusion for the customer.

Perhaps "sister company" isn't the proper word. Wild West Domains is the name used for their resellers. Legally, Wild West Domains is a separate registrar apart from GoDady, even though it's owned by the same company. I pay Wild West Domains every year, and the checks I get from them are from Wild West Domains... not GoDaddy.

The reason they do not answer the phone using a "name" is because they're a reseller. Wouldn't look good to my hosting clients to call that number regarding their domain name account and have them answer with a different name than my company name lol. (I don't use them for hosting purposes. Only for selling domains.)

Petrah 03-23-09 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiritwulf (Post 121680)

Is that your company every time I call Microsoft and get someone on the other end who barely speaks English? oooo I just wanna smack them lol. :p