WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Suggestion Box (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Please Publish Addons at Curse.com Too (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30006)

kberk 01-13-10 11:41 PM

Please Publish Addons at Curse.com Too

After 5 years of WOW it is a rare addon, like nUI+, that I will go to the trouble to manually install and maintain.

Please, anyone out that that writes extensions for nUI, please don't just upload them to Wow Interface. Please remember that, I suspect, many many users these days rely on the Curse Client exclusively to keep their addons up-to date and indeed to search for new ones.

Thanks

Xrystal 01-14-10 03:08 AM

I actually post my most downloaded plugins from here to curse. It is far easier to update addons on this site than on curse. It took me hours to figure out the process and then several minutes to repeat the process for each of the 5 or so addons I did put on curse. However, since this is my addon home it is my choice to host all my addons here with curse getting the ones I can see are more popular.

Cairenn 01-14-10 03:26 AM

There are as many users that are using Minion exclusively, too. Are you also asking authors on Curse to upload here as well?

MidgetMage55 01-14-10 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 174622)
There are as many users that are using Minion exclusively, too. Are you also asking authors on Curse to upload here as well?

Don't go using that logic stuff now. You'll just confuse the issue. **hides**

Petrah 01-14-10 05:25 AM

Anything that I've done for nUI is also available at Curse. :D

Xrystal 01-14-10 05:34 AM

Oh, also, I just noticed but curse seems to expect you to regularly update the project despite there not needing an update. At this time all my projects are classed as inactive because I have not needed to change them in a few months. WoWInterface doesn't do that. :D

spiel2001 01-14-10 05:34 AM

Yup... all of my nUI plugins are listed at Curse... but WoWI is my home.

Petrah 01-14-10 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xrystal (Post 174637)
Oh, also, I just noticed but curse seems to expect you to regularly update the project despite there not needing an update. At this time all my projects are classed as inactive because I have not needed to change them in a few months. WoWInterface doesn't do that. :D

Mine didn't need an update either, but you know how anal some can be over that silly toc file and it's interface number being up to date. I just edited the toc files in mine... seemed to keep Curse happy lol. While I may not be a huge fan of posting over there (and their Curse Updater simply rocks), my nUI skins sure do get a lot more exposure over there than here.

Marthisdil 01-14-10 01:54 PM

Quote:

When minion works as good as the Curse updater (comparatively) maybe?

Last time I used it a month or so ago, minion STILL installed addons that I didn't have installed...=(

Now I don't use any updater - I manually go everywhere and download the latest updates and manually install them =(

FWIW when I had my MobInfo2 database "mod" I put it out everywhere for everyone to get.

spiel2001 01-14-10 02:23 PM

I use WoWI, Curse, CurseForge, WoWUI and my own site (nUIaddon.com) for all of my mods except nUI+ which is available only via WoWI.

If there's others worth using, I don't know about them.

schmitty 05-04-10 10:29 PM

Quote:

Has Minion been updated recently, and where can I download it from?
I haven't been able to find it

Petrah 05-04-10 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schmitty (Post 187114)
Has Minion been updated recently, and where can I download it from?
I haven't been able to find it

0.o

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/f...play.php?f=124

Marthisdil 05-05-10 03:02 PM

Quote:

There's many of us that don't use either piece of drivel, because they each have a plethora of their own issues and bugs.

WoWI is the only distribution point for nUI+ (as per the author statings as such).

Marthisdil 05-05-10 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 174678)
I use WoWI, Curse, CurseForge, WoWUI and my own site (nUIaddon.com) for all of my mods except nUI+ which is available only via WoWI.

If there's others worth using, I don't know about them.

WoWAce.com - but since you don't use the Ace libraries for anything...;P

Seerah 05-05-10 05:13 PM

wowace is just a developer backend for Curse.