WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Bug Reports (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Range showing 10 when on Hunter... (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34453)

Blanckaert 08-13-10 10:04 AM

Range showing 10 when on Hunter...

Okay I'm sorry if this was said before.... BUT..

When on my hunter, I click ANY mob, it says range 10 .. once pet engages the target, range number change, OR if I make the pet 'stay' and I move to a different spot, and click a target the range shows up properly, but once I have pet move 'follow' range goes to 10 again....

Is this a nui error, or something else? (yes diables ALL addons but nui) - seems it get confused with the distance to pet, instead of target.

Also... if I 'resize' from fullscreen to windows (recduced) size I get multiple:
nUI Warning..anchoring nUI_HUDUnit_(etc) to nui)hudlayout --anchor point has <nil? value. ((sorry cant copy and paste the chat window for some reason))

using nui 5.0-6.29 (Plus)

spiel2001 08-13-10 11:15 AM

Have you edited any of nUI's layout files?

Blanckaert 08-13-10 11:39 AM

nope.... it just started happening (when I got my pet..) Just start playing a hunter....

on my warrior, lock or rogue it works right...

the (nil) value happens on any toon...

spiel2001 08-13-10 12:56 PM

Hmmm... I have a level 80 lock and a level 80 hunter both, can't recall seeing that with either one. I'll look into it.

Blanckaert 08-14-10 12:41 PM

Adding to this one... (not the range 10 thing but...)

Why does this happen?

nUI: Warning.. anchoring nUI_HUDUnit_NoBars_Player to nUI_HUDLayout_NOBarsFader -- anchor point has a <nil>value.
nUI: Warning.. anchoring nUI_HUDUnit_NoBars_Focus to nUI_HUDLayout_NOBarsFader -- anchor point has a <nil>value.
nUI: Warning.. anchoring nUI_HUDUnit_NoBars_Target to nUI_HUDLayout_NOBarsFader -- anchor point has a <nil>value.
nUI: Warning.. anchoring nUI_HUDUnit_NoBars_Casting to nUI_HUDLayout_NOBars -- anchor point has a <nil>value.
nUI: Warning.. anchoring nUI_HUDUnit_PlayerTarget_Focus to nUI_HUDLayout_PlayerTargerFader -- anchor point has a <nil>value.
nUI: Warning.. anchoring nUI_HUDUnit_PlayerTarget_Player to nUI_HUDLayout_PlayerTargerFader -- anchor point has a <nil>value.
nUI: Warning.. anchoring nUI_HUDUnit_PlayerTarget_Target to nUI_HUDLayout_PlayerTargerFader -- anchor point has a <nil>value.
nUI: Warning.. anchoring nUI_HUDUnit_PlayerTarget_Castbar to nUI_HUDLayout_PlayerTarger -- anchor point has a <nil>value.
nUI: Warning.. anchoring nUI_HUDUnit_PlayerTarget_FocusTarget to nUI_HUDLayout_PlayerTargerFader -- anchor point has a <nil>value.
nUI: Warning.. anchoring nUI_HUDUnit_PlayerTarget_Pet to nUI_HUDLayout_PlayerTargerFader -- anchor point has a <nil>value.
nUI: Warning.. anchoring nUI_HUDUnit_PlayerTarget_Tot to nUI_HUDLayout_PlayerTargerFader -- anchor point has a <nil>value.

nUI: Warning.. anchoring nUI_HUDUnit_HealthPower_FocusTarget to nUI_HUDLayout_HealthPowerFader -- anchor point has a <nil>value.
nUI: Warning.. anchoring nUI_HUDUnit_HealthPower_Target to nUI_HUDLayout_HealthPowerFader -- anchor point has a <nil>value.
nUI: Warning.. anchoring nUI_HUDUnit_HealthPower_Player to nUI_HUDLayout_HealthPowerFader -- anchor point has a <nil>value.
nUI: Warning.. anchoring nUI_HUDUnit_HealthPower_Focus to nUI_HUDLayout_HealthPowerFader -- anchor point has a <nil>value.
nUI: Warning.. anchoring nUI_HUDUnit_HealthPower_Pet to nUI_HUDLayout_HealthPowerFader -- anchor point has a <nil>value.
nUI: Warning.. anchoring nUI_HUDUnit_HealthPower_Castbar to nUI_HUDLayout_HealthPower -- anchor point has a <nil>value.
nUI: Warning.. anchoring nUI_HUDUnit_HealthPower_ToT to nUI_HUDLayout_HealthPowerFader -- anchor point has a <nil>value.

This happened when I came back to my computer, after a few mins (computer auto lock) and the screen size didnt change... I have been getting this on a regular basis... then my buttons (pet row) dont work, till I do a /rl ....

spiel2001 08-14-10 03:34 PM

I honestly have no idea why that would be happening. Is your HUD working correctly?

I would suggest maybe deleting the [ Interface > AddOns > nUI ] folder and then reinstall a fresh copy of the addon. It almost looks like parts of the addon are missing, or there's a version conflict.

Blanckaert 08-14-10 06:51 PM

it all works properly.... but then again maybe my 'range' error is part of the same problem....

going to delete and reinatl nui now.... will let you know...

**** EDIT ***

Nope... still same above error.....

also disabled ALL addons, went in with 'core' nui... and when running in windowed mode, and you got from maxized to mini screem I get the <nil> value error..... from mini to max or back again....

Blanckaert 08-21-10 08:39 AM

Any luck, looking into these issues?

spiel2001 08-21-10 05:09 PM

I honestly have no clue what could possibly cause what you're talking about.

Seer 08-22-10 02:53 AM

Have you tried renaming/deleting the character folder in the wtf directory ?

..\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<name of account>\<name of server>\

Might be a long shot but who knows.

Blanckaert 08-23-10 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seer (Post 203358)
Have you tried renaming/deleting the character folder in the wtf directory ?

..\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<name of account>\<name of server>\

Might be a long shot but who knows.

Didnt think of this, havent tried it yet... the Hunter thing happens on ANY toon, on ANY server ....

the <nil> value happen ANY time I resize the game screen... OR return to the game after My computer 'locked' (I lock My computer when I leave it.. else the kids play on it...)

Will try to rename the WTF folders and post when I try that....

Blanckaert 08-23-10 09:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Nope I am still getting that my 'range' to target is '10' when pet is beside me, if I make my pet stay, and move away from him, then the 'target' distance in the Player/Target HUB works correctly...

I did rename my WTF folder, and no difference....

And if you run the game with 'windowed' mode CHECKED, and resize the screen from blizz default to Maximzed, I get the anchor point errors....

Please let me know what you need to help dupilcate these 2 errors....

Attached Images of what I mean...

234929 - the nil value
235053 - 'Range 10' beside pet
235139 - 'Range (normal)?' Pet made to 'stay' ....

mitch0 08-24-10 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blanckaert (Post 203624)
Nope I am still getting that my 'range' to target is '10' when pet is beside me, if I make my pet stay, and move away from him, then the 'target' distance in the Player/Target HUB works correctly...

Hi,

Try RangeDisplay, I hope it doesn't have this issue (if it does, please report it :)

cheers,
mitch

spiel2001 08-24-10 03:51 AM

I will try again to see if I can repeat either of these errors and let you know what I find.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blanckaert (Post 203624)

I did rename my WTF folder, and no difference....

And if you run the game with 'windowed' mode CHECKED, and resize the screen from blizz default to Maximzed, I get the anchor point errors....

Please let me know what you need to help dupilcate these 2 errors....

Blanckaert 08-28-10 07:38 PM

posted pics a couple msgs up.... ;)

ShadowProwler420 09-18-10 10:20 PM

I am also having the same error regarding the incorrect range being displayed.

It was working fine earlier today when I was playing, but at that point I was having issues being able to feed my pet. And before submitting a bug report about it, I deleted my nUI directory and downloaded/installed a fresh copy of it; which fixed the pet feeding issue, but created the range display error. :confused:

Evelarada 09-24-10 12:50 PM

I am also having this problem, tried all the above mentioned steps and didnt fix it. then i redid my talent points and noticed that it started working. so i did talent points one by one and the range problem starts as soon as i put a point in hawkeye for the increased weapon range.. hope this helps track it down.

ShadowProwler420 09-25-10 12:33 PM

I'm pretty sure having the point in Hawkeye is not a contributing factor to this issue, as I'm going the Beast Mastery route (currently sitting at 11/0/0) and am *still* having this problem.