WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Technical Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Boomkin Issue (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31015)

lonewolf2976 03-02-10 07:30 AM

Boomkin Issue

Not sure if this is the right place but it has to be a start. Been using NUI+ for a long time and want to say love this addon and thank you for the continued work on it. My question is this. I play a druid but in my Moonkin form I loose the Bottom right button set. Whatever spells i put on my moonkin bar appear down there is well. I have a small amount of understanding how addons work and assume with the druid and all the shape shifts you are limited on bars. But is there anyway to fix it where i can be moonkin and not loose my one bar.

spiel2001 03-02-10 08:04 AM

There's actually a FAQ on the subject here: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=20916

lonewolf2976 03-03-10 06:24 AM

Ok got it. Appriciate your quick responce.

Krossbow 03-26-10 02:46 AM

Hey guys, great UI! I really love the look and feel of it.

I did go and read the FAQ on this issue. Informative, but not really helpful. My question is, since nothing can be done about it (at this point), and there's no work around for it, is there a way to make that bar disappear for us boomkins? Just for cosmetic purposes, and whatnots.

Thanks in advance.

spiel2001 03-26-10 07:47 AM

Well... not on a per character basis. You can edit [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Layouts > Default > nUI_Layout_Default_Dashboard.lua ] and locate the nUI_DefaultConfig.ButtonBars section, scroll down to the ["nUI_BottomRightBar"] section and either comment it out or remove it.

However, doing so will remove it for *all* of your characters.

Krossbow 03-26-10 11:32 PM

Thanks, man. I'll certainly consider doing that, but unlikely as I do in fact play more than just the boomkin. I appreciate you responding with a possible solution, tho. You and the dev team should keep up the great work. I'm looking forward to seeing all the great things in 6.0. Any projected completion time on that?

spiel2001 03-27-10 07:17 AM

No... sorry... I tried to make a projection once and blew it bigtime because of work obligations. Not making that mistake a second time ~smile~

PS: I am the dev "team" ~grin~

Xrystal 03-27-10 08:08 AM

And he's not kidding .. 80 thousand lines or more .. I stopped counting at that point rofl ... and he's doing it all himself .. bless the man :D

AstroStream 03-27-10 10:47 AM

Hey i have a good idea i think is there a way that the boomkin uses the bottom left bar insead? so i can remove/hide it instead of the bottom right?

spiel2001 03-27-10 10:51 AM

Yes - all you have to do is swap the options values (or swap the anchor values) for the bottom left and bottom right bars in the nUI_Layout_Default_Dashboard.lua file then comment out or remove the bottom left bar instead of the bottom right.

AstroStream 03-27-10 11:15 AM

Few things ummm does the rep bar have to stay with the right bar? and just chaning the anchor wont work cause the x, y are messed still so i had to change them too :P

AstroStream 03-27-10 11:20 AM

*note* i used to use the spartan ui and the way they fixed this boomkin problem is dont have that form have its own bar just use the first bar because boomkin spells are not form specific.. is there a way or what code tells the program to use the bottom right bar for that form could i change it the bar 1??

spiel2001 03-27-10 12:12 PM

Astrostream -- you're headed down a rabbit hole. You're getting deep into how the Blizzard action bar system works. SpartanUI uses Bartender to handle its action bars and Bartender is a complete Blizz action bar replacement so it does not fully honor Blizz's rules for how action bars work, etc.

nUI is also an action bar replacement, however, it fully reuses the Blizzard action bar engine (methods, templates, etc) and adheres to how Blizz said action bars work. With that in mind, there are 10 action bar pages of 12 buttons each for a total of 120 action buttons. Pages 1-6 are the user accessible pages (Shift-1 through Shift-6 on the main action bar). Pages 7 through 10 are special purpose pages for warrior stances, druid forms, rogue stealth, vehicles, mind control, and so on.

Each page has special meaning. It just happens that page 10 is used *only* by Druids who have a boomkin form. So, for everyone else that's an "extra" bar they can safely use for other things. For driuds it is not an extra bar... it has special meaning. You cannot tell it to have special meaning and not have special meaning at the same time. Period.

The only "fix" to the problem you're trying to address is to completely replace the Blizzard action bar engine with a custom one like Bartender did. However, when you do that, you run the risk of having your action bars get borked every time Blizzard gets a wild hair and changes the action system. That's been the strength of nUI, to date, is that it rides on Blizzard's own logic which (generally) has made nUI very reliable even through major patches.

I don't intend to change that approach.

Now, you *could* remove nUI's action bars entirely and use Bartender, but then, you break a lot of nUI's abilities and I would say why even use nUI if you're just going to replace everything in it with something else because it's "what you're used to" ?

nUI6 will add "custom" bar capabilities to the built in standard bars, so if you can hang in there until nUI6 is ready, then go for it. Otherwise, you really have three choices: 1) live with the boomkin having a bar that's not "extra" for the boomkin, 2) live with all of the other toons not having an extra bar, or, 3) don't use nUI.

AstroStream 03-27-10 12:43 PM

lol sounds good i will hold in there :P and wait :P hehe sorry to be a pain

spiel2001 03-27-10 02:59 PM

No worries... I just didn't want to see you back yourself into a corner trying to work out a solution is all. Trust me, my eyeballs are still bleeding from when I originally worked through all that myself.

Krossbow 03-28-10 09:14 AM

Scott,

I kinda figured the projected release on 6.0 would only be opening a can of worms for a whole world of disappointment all the way around.

I appreciate the feedback, and thanks for all your hardwork! Especially since it's just one person! Thanks again, Scott.