WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Technical Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   No PVP Unit Frames in Arena (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31532)

nydac 03-28-10 11:01 AM

No PVP Unit Frames in Arena

Hello, I recently started using nUI Plus and played in the Arena for the first time since I installed the UI. I can't seem to find the enemy PVP unit frames that, by default wow UI, show up on the upper right side of the screen when the event starts. The frames normally show enemy classes and hitpoints etc. (I'm sure you know) Am I missing something? Or do I have a plugin conflict of sorts?

So far I love the UI.

Thanks!

spiel2001 03-28-10 11:07 AM

Um...

Yeah....

That's something that kinda fell through the cracks.

~lol~

First time I've heard anyone mention arena frames in forever and I had completely forgotten about them.

Sadly, that is something nUI does not currently do. I'll have to see if I can remedy that.

Xrystal 03-28-10 11:10 AM

Sounds like ones that may be like the BossFrames and need to be shown again. And just so Scott doesn't have to go hunting for them straight away I believe these may be them.

Main Frame Name :
ArenaEnemyFrames
Anchored to MinimapCluster
TOPRIGHT to BOTTOMRIGHT Offset x = -100,y = -25

Sub Frame Names:
ArenaEnemyFrame1
ArenaEnemyFrame2
ArenaEnemyFrame3
ArenaEnemyFrame4
ArenaEnemyFrame5
ArenaEnemyBackground

spiel2001 03-28-10 11:13 AM

I don't think I'm hiding those frames.

Doing the command '/nui minimap' might be all it takes to be able to see the built in Blizz arena frames until I can get it fixed.

spiel2001 03-28-10 11:14 AM

Xrystal - while you're into the code for those frames... what are the unit IDs for those hostile frames?

Do the friendly frames still use "party1" through "party4" or something else?

Xrystal 03-28-10 11:24 AM

1 through 5 .. The ArenaUI.xml only shows the enemy frames so gonna dig into the code and see what else it does if anything. Same with the ArenaUI.lua file. Simply keeps track of the enemy frames for the opposite arena group.

Ah .. looks like its arenaX. Here's the onload code of the enemyframes.. I can only assume the players party frames are still partyX.

Code:

function ArenaEnemyFrame_OnLoad(self)
        self.statusCounter = 0;
        self.statusSign = -1;
        self.unitHPPercent = 1;

self.classPortrait = _G[self:GetName().."ClassPortrait"];
        ArenaEnemyFrame_UpdatePlayer(self, true);
        self:RegisterEvent("UNIT_PET");
        self:RegisterEvent("ARENA_OPPONENT_UPDATE");
        self:RegisterEvent("UNIT_NAME_UPDATE");

UIDropDownMenu_Initialize(self.DropDown, ArenaEnemyDropDown_Initialize, "MENU");

local setfocus = function()
                FocusUnit("arena"..self:GetID());
        end
        SecureUnitButton_OnLoad(self, "arena"..self:GetID(), setfocus);

local id = self:GetID();
        if ( UnitClass("arena"..id) and (not UnitExists("arena"..id))) then        --It is possible for the unit itself to no longer exist on the client, but some of the information to remain (after reloading the UI)
                self:Show();
                ArenaEnemyFrame_Lock(self);
        elseif ( UnitExists("arenapet"..id) and ( not UnitClass("arena"..id) ) ) then        --We use UnitClass because even if the unit doesn't exist on the client, we may still have enough info to populate the frame.
                ArenaEnemyFrame_SetMysteryPlayer(self);
        end
end

Oh, and it takes into account the UnitFrame settings in the options. So make sure you toggle the ArenaFrames to be displayed. Just in case that is the problem.

Hmmm, that wouldn't be a guildie of mine that got nUI in the last week or two and did arenas last night and kept asking me questions ? rofl ... if not, he didn't ask me about the arena frames not being there so might have to check to see if he's using an addon of some sort for arenas.

nydac 03-28-10 11:49 AM

You guys are awesome. /nui minimap fixed the problem. Thanks for the quick response! I'll look forward to the fix. =)