WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Patch for COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED error messages (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40644)

CyberZombie 06-28-11 06:42 PM

Patch for WoW 4.2 error messages

There are 2 new parameters for the COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED event added in 4.2. The changes I made correct them. Note: I am sure that the Carbonite folks will be making use of the additional parameters as they fall in line with other parameters they are using. This is ONLY A TEMPORARY FIX. Buyer beware.

This patch is for the release version 4.11 of Carbonite in the file Carbonite.lua.

The lines to patch are 2675, 9672, and 9679-9682.

Thanks to Karquile for his idea to use search if line numbers don't match:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karquile (Post 240212)
I did the same. I think the difference is that I use Win32Pad for my text editor, and it assigns numbers to the wraparounds of those ultralong data lines in the 5000's.

Anyone who can't find the patch area in Carbonite 4.11, regardless of the editor they use, should search for
which only occurs once in the whole lua file. The patch starts there.

Line 2675 or search for the following:
Code:

local sNa,sFl
Original:
Code:

local sNa,sFl,dId,dNa,dFl=select(5,...)
Patched:
Code:

local sNa,sFl,sRFl,dId,dNa,dFl,dRFl=select(5,...)

Line 9672 or search for the following:
Code:

local time,cEv
Original:
Code:

local time,cEv,_hideCaster,sId,sNa,sFl,dId,dNa,dFl,a1,a2,a3,a4=select(1,...)
Patched:
Code:

local time,cEv,_hideCaster,sId,sNa,sFl,sRFl,dId,dNa,dFl,dRFl,a1,a2,a3,a4=select(1,...)

Lines 9679-9682 or search for the following:
Code:

local i=10
Original:
Code:

local i=10
if pre~="SWING" then
spI,spN,spS=select(10,...)
i=13

Patched:
Code:

local i=12
if pre~="SWING" then
spI,spN,spS=select(12,...)
i=15

Vis 06-28-11 06:55 PM

Just tested your fix CyberZombie and all errors are gone from Carb. Nicely done.

Quote:

There are 2 lines that involve a comma-separated list of variables. In both cases you want to insert another variable after these.

Note: These variables involve the letter 'l', not the number '1'. After the variable dFl add the variable dRFl. After the variable sFl add the variable sRFl. You want to do this on lines 2675 and 9672.

CyberZombie 06-28-11 07:15 PM

Heh. First mob I attacked surfaced another Carbonite error. Looking into it.

Gendou 06-28-11 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberZombie (Post 240197)
Heh. First mob I attacked surfaced another Carbonite error. Looking into it.

Looking forward to any further fixes you come up with.

CyberZombie 06-28-11 07:26 PM

It helps to look at the whole function. Simple fixes:

Line 9679: Set i=12 (was i=10)
Line 9681: Set select(12,...) (was select(10,...))
Line 9682: Set i=15 (was i=13)

Editing my original post with this information.

Lyoo 06-28-11 07:47 PM

maybe im looking at something different but when I look at those lines those things you say to change are not there for me

Karquile 06-28-11 07:55 PM

I don't know why this would be, but in my copy of Carbonite 4.11 the lines you are talking about seem to be down at 15636-15639.

jeffy162 06-28-11 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberZombie (Post 240200)
It helps to look at the whole function. Simple fixes:

Line 9679: Set i=12 (was i=10)
Line 9681: Set select(12,...) (was select(10,...))
Line 9682: Set i=15 (was i=13)

Editing my original post with this information.

This may sound like an odd question, but....

Do I add the "Set" in front of the line? The rest of the line is there, but there is no "Set" in it. Sorry, I really don't understand Lua.

Perhaps if it doesn't belong in the changed lines, it would be better to phrase it: "Change line 9675 from i=10 to i=12 ." Or something along those lines.

CyberZombie 06-28-11 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karquile (Post 240206)
I don't know why this would be, but in my copy of Carbonite 4.11 the lines you are talking about seem to be down at 15636-15639.

I downloaded 4.11 again, and the lines are as I specified. Perhaps you're still using the beta?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffy162 (Post 240207)
This may sound like an odd question, but....

Do I add the "Set" in front of the line? The rest of the line is there, but there is no "Set" in it. Sorry, I really don't understand Lua.

No. The lines look like (starting at 9679):

Code:

local i=12
if pre~="SWING" then
spI,spN,spS=select(12,...)
i=15

Editing the original post to include the source lines in question.

Vis 06-28-11 08:07 PM

Mine does not have "Set" in it either. All I changed were the numbers themselves.

The line number differences are usually due to people using different Editors. For instance using Notepad may mark something as line 10, but TextPad would mark it as line 12.

As long as the text matches you should be ok.

jeffy162 06-28-11 08:20 PM

I was still getting some errors from Carbonite after editing the Carbonite.lua, but was also getting errors (a lot) from !ClassColors, PhanxChat and Parrot. I disabled those and Carbonites errors went away also.

PS: That "Set" is an instruction. It doesn't go into the line. DOH!!

PPS: Maybe if I read the new comments after testing something, I wouldn't look quite so ignorant. Nah, probably not. :o

EDIT: Where are my manners? Thank you, CyberZombie, for finding the cause of, and taking the time to post the fix for, the errors. END EDIT

Karquile 06-28-11 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberZombie (Post 240209)
I downloaded 4.11 again, and the lines are as I specified. Perhaps you're still using the beta?

I did the same. I think the difference is that I use Win32Pad for my text editor, and it assigns numbers to the wraparounds of those ultralong data lines in the 5000's.

Anyone who can't find the patch area in Carbonite 4.11, regardless of the editor they use, should search for
Code:

local i=10

CyberZombie 06-28-11 08:34 PM

Quote:

Code:

local i=10

Mind if I quote you in the original post?

Karquile 06-28-11 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberZombie (Post 240213)
Mind if I quote you in the original post?

be my guest :D

Lyoo 06-28-11 08:49 PM

I still get errors as soon as I log in

CyberZombie 06-28-11 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyoo (Post 240216)
I still get errors as soon as I log in

Did you make the changes using the search to find the lines that Karquile posted?

Quote:

Code:

local i=10

I've been running error-free (as far as all the addons I use are concerned - Carbonite included) for 2 hours...

JemBijoux 06-28-11 09:53 PM

Thanks

Thanks for this. I can confirm that this patch worked for me as well.

I really love this add on. Almost depend on it really, so I appreciate the work of anyone involved with ensuring it's up to date / operational. :D

Palladia 06-28-11 11:33 PM

I have 4.11 and I made the changes you posted (copied and pasted) but not only do I still get errors, but the Carbonite map doesn't load at all.

Here are the first 3 of 6 errors:

1x Carbonite-4.11\Carbonite.lua:19532: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'na2' (a nil value)
Carbonite-4.11\Carbonite.lua:22951: in function `Ini'
Carbonite-4.11\Carbonite.lua:19656: in function `h'
Carbonite-4.11\Carbonite.lua:352: in function `NXOnEvent'
<string>:"*:OnEvent":1: in function <[string "*:OnEvent"]:1>

--

1x _NPCScan.Overlay-4.2.0.1\Modules\Carbonite.lua:21: attempt to index global 'NxMap1' (a nil value)

1x Carbonite-4.11\Carbonite.lua:19905: attempt to index local 'map' (a nil value)
Carbonite-4.11\Carbonite.lua:25691: in function `RCL'
Carbonite-4.11\Carbonite.lua:3508: in function `h'
Carbonite-4.11\Carbonite.lua:352: in function `NXOnEvent'
<string>:"*:OnEvent":1: in function <[string "*:OnEvent"]:1>

I tried re-installing 4.11 and redoing the edits posted here from scratch. I got the same result though I only got 3 errors instead of 6. But even though I get Carbonite errors, I don't get Carbonite itself. No map, no quest watch. I do get the Carbonite minimap button, but clicking it generates another error:

1x Carbonite-4.11\Carbonite.lua:11828: attempt to index local 'map' (a nil value)
Carbonite-4.11\Carbonite.lua:24162: in function `NXOnClick'
<string>:"*:OnClick":1: in function <[string "*:OnClick"]:1>

tarix 06-29-11 01:59 AM

CyberZombie, cheers for this. Your changes work great! :banana:

Verttex 06-29-11 02:57 AM

Added to the WoWI archive.
Please post here if bugs alert or something else.

Thanks
-Verttex

Drazo 06-29-11 06:32 AM

Still bugged for me

Reinstalled Carbonite if I load the game with Carbonite enabled it freezes in less than a minute. Game is fine with Carbonite disabled. Worked great until yesterday after the "patch". Of course seems a lot of things were changed that should have been left alone. If it "ain't broke . . . then don't fix it".

Verttex 06-29-11 06:52 AM

Is the freezeing happening with the 4.1 verison of carbonite or are you using the fix said here or the downloaded verison. (See sig)

--
Verttex

CyberZombie 06-29-11 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palladia (Post 240229)
I have 4.11 and I made the changes you posted (copied and pasted) but not only do I still get errors, but the Carbonite map doesn't load at all.

Carbonite resides at interface\addons\Carbonite, not interface\addons\Carbonite-4.11. Is it possible you're running 2 copies of Carbonite?

In any case, I checked out your errors. The 1st given pre-reinstall in the Carbonite file I have looks like an initialization error of the map. No way am I going to try to delve into this nearly 400-line function beyond that diagnosis.

Subsequent would be meaningless to diagnose due to a failed initialization. Another possibility is that there is interference with another misbehaving mod causing the problem?

Your post-install errors also look confusing. It's as if map - though initialized as an empty array - has no elements added to it. Another case of incorrect initialization?

In any case, I'd suggest you ensure you're only running with one copy of Carbonite (interface/addons/Carbonite vs. interface/addons/Carbonite-4.11). Failing that, I'm going to punt the issue to the Carbonite folks until they get an update out.

Sorry I can't help more!

ChefHearne 06-29-11 07:42 AM

Alternative Fix -> Hides NXOnEvent and Stops Crashing

A friend of mine was having addon issues. He had far fewer addons than I had, in fact I had every addon he was running. Yet his Carbonite 4.11 was not working and was indeed appearing to be the culprit of his crashes, while my carbonite ran fine (a few captured errors) but Carbonite seems to not fatally error when BugSack is running. I had 2 other friends try it and it continues to work for each of them. Note: you can change the error sound effect to none to mute the errors.

Note: None of these friends applied the fix. Only installed BugSack. also note the errors are still occurring but it appears BugSack somehow handles the error-handling better.

Drazo 06-29-11 08:00 AM

Freeze

I removed the files, rebooted installed the update, rebooted started the game checked load out of date and still froze. Don't know what else to do, seems to work for everyone else. WoW does not have a map compared to Carbonite

S@thi 06-29-11 08:28 AM

Ever since replacing my carbonite folder with your fix.
My carbonite has been bugging alot.
Caster delays / frame drops. Currently I play without the addon untill a official version is released.

Thanks

Verttex 06-29-11 09:08 AM

Can you post the LUA errors it is getting please?

Drazo 06-29-11 09:18 AM

3rd time is a charm

removed and reinstalled 4.2 WITH Bugsack and it works as advertised.

Tnx

Verttex 06-29-11 09:33 AM

Awesome, thanks.

CyberZombie 06-29-11 10:56 AM

Given some of the confusion with line numbers, I'm reworking the original post to just have Original: and Patched: code sections.

bessiq 06-29-11 12:55 PM

Used fix posted here and while all errors went away, my chat box gets spammed with "You can only be in 10 channels at one time." It never stops! Well, it didn't stop until I disabled Carbonite again.

Might try to wipe and do fresh reinstall, but man I hate setting it up the way I want again! :rolleyes:

Palladia 06-29-11 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberZombie (Post 240273)
Carbonite resides at interface\addons\Carbonite, not interface\addons\Carbonite-4.11. Is it possible you're running 2 copies of Carbonite?

In any case, I checked out your errors. The 1st given pre-reinstall in the Carbonite file I have looks like an initialization error of the map. No way am I going to try to delve into this nearly 400-line function beyond that diagnosis.

I'm definitely only running one copy, and it's in interface\addons\Carbonite. It is possible that problem is some other addon interfering, since I run a lot of them. I'm only getting errors from Carbonite at this point though. In any case, I'll try to test tonight without other addons, but it will be several hours from now.

Thank you very much, though, for taking the time to try to diagnose my problem and researching the errors. I'll follow up with more info tonight.

Update: Made the changes again and loaded WoW with only Carbonite running. Same outcome. Five errors on startup. Here's the first:

Message: Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:19532: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'na2' (a nil value)
Time: 06/29/11 15:43:25
Count: 1
Stack: Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:19532: in function `InT1'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:22951: in function `Ini'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:19656: in function `h'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:352: in function `NXOnEvent'
[string "*:OnEvent"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnEvent"]:1>

bessiq 06-29-11 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bessiq (Post 240327)
Used fix posted here and while all errors went away, my chat box gets spammed with "You can only be in 10 channels at one time." It never stops! Well, it didn't stop until I disabled Carbonite again.

Might try to wipe and do fresh reinstall, but man I hate setting it up the way I want again! :rolleyes:

Just noticed there was a fix to the fix (4.2 -> 4.2.11) when I re-downloaded, so trying it now!

So far, so good!

Thanks a million!

_cat_ 06-29-11 08:29 PM

thanks guys. you're the best!!!!! :banana:

Karquile 06-29-11 10:28 PM

The other thing that people need to be careful of when editing Carbonite.lua is that their chosen text editor can actually handle those superlong lines. Some editors may truncate or wrap them without warning you.

The copy of Carbonite.lua in the ZIP file is 1,916,590 bytes. CyberZombie's elegant patch does not change the byte count, so when you have finished editing your file and save it, it should still be 1,916,590 bytes. If it is larger or smaller, you probably have a corrupt file. Try a free Notepad replacement like Notepad++ or Win32Pad and see if you can get a clean edit.

CyberZombie 06-29-11 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karquile (Post 240385)
The other thing that people need to be careful of when editing Carbonite.lua is that their chosen text editor can actually handle those superlong lines. Some editors may truncate or wrap them without warning you.

The copy of Carbonite.lua in the ZIP file is 1,916,590 bytes. CyberZombie's elegant patch does not change the byte count, so when you have finished editing your file and save it, it should still be 1,916,590 bytes. If it is larger or smaller, you probably have a corrupt file. Try a free Notepad replacement like Notepad++ or Win32Pad and see if you can get a clean edit.

Not quite :). The two single-line patches each add two variables - for a total of 20 bytes. Which makes the final Carbonite.lua size 1,916,610 bytes.

ChefHearne 06-30-11 12:09 AM

Clarification please

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drazo (Post 240291)
removed and reinstalled 4.2 WITH Bugsack and it works as advertised.

Tnx

Drazo, did you use ONLY the reinstalled Carbonite 4.11 and BugSack or was it Carbonite 4.11, CyberZombie's Carbonite 4.2.11 Fix, and BugSack?

Palladia 06-30-11 05:43 PM

Yay! The new version works! I was so afraid I'd get the same error messages, but I didn't! So happy! :D

carboniteaddon 06-30-11 05:48 PM

Carbonite 4.2 is released.

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=40677