WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Bug Reports (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   nui6 alpha (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32865)

Xrystal 06-01-10 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 190543)
Mouseover is working... it's just hidden behind the Titan bar (which is overlapping the unit frames for the same reason as explained for FuBar)

Yep, just realised. The first test was when I wasn't testing it with titan at the bottom rofl. usually I have titan at the top. Looks okay without that at the bottom.

svar 06-01-10 11:32 PM

Akikan: How do you get that border around the buttom frame set?
:)

Xrystal 06-01-10 11:43 PM

It's one of the skins for nUI you can download. There's quite a few that have been made so always worth a look see :D

Drugekull 06-03-10 02:01 AM

Hi Scott

Was using nui 6 v6.03.03.02

First I must say everything seams a lot smoother now compared to when I had Nui5 its hard to put my finger on it it just seams smoother

One problem I did have was when I logged out and backin to the same toon the UI was all messed up had some kind of white border I have to nui /rl to get everything back to normal

I know this was a irritating bug on NuI 5 so best to sort point it out now

spiel2001 06-03-10 04:16 AM

Are you talking about white frames around the borders of the units and that kind of thing? If so, that's not an nUI bug, it's a bug in the BLizzard graphics drivers and there's no way I can fix that... there's a FAQ on it here: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=25715

If you're talking about something else, please post a screen shot so I can see what you're referring to.

Drugekull 06-03-10 05:53 AM

yeah thats exactly what it was have not seen it in ages on NUI 5 so I thought it might be a problem

Cheers

Equelibrium 06-03-10 05:58 PM

So, tested it on a few characters now. Overall feels pretty good, but I have discovered a few issues:
- The full mana text is barely readable on the dark background, I have to get REALLY close to my monitor to be able to read it.
- The bar for the horses in Trial of the Champion seems to be overlapping in a weird way.
- The target frame sometimes disappears in 5-mans; happens randomly.
- The tool tip is pretty messed up. I am using TipTac but almost nothing works and the tool tip seems very compressed.

That's all for now :)

spiel2001 06-03-10 07:24 PM

The tooltips currently do not take any other addons into account... I suggest trying it without TipTac and see if it's still messed up.

I agree on the mana thing... gonna have to change the colors a bit on that to brighten it up some.

I'm not sure what bar you're talking about? Action bar? If so, that has nothing to do with nUI6 as it has *no* action bar code in it. If you're talking about something else, can you post a screen shot please (use the paperclip icon in the message editor or scroll down the message editing page to the "Manage Attachments" button)

Is the target frame the *only* frame that disappears? It the entire frame hidden, or just the data in the frame? Are you getting any error or taint messages when that happens?

Equelibrium 06-04-10 05:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attached pictures, one of the ToC horse unit-frame, and another of the tool tip. The tool tip is fine once I disable nUI6, so can only think that there's some compatibility issue.

Also, when the target frames disappears, so does target of target. I have had errors turned off during the times it happened, so unfortunately I don't have any error-logs.

spiel2001 06-04-10 05:09 PM

Ah...

Okay...

The first image is showing both the solo and the party raid frames at the same time. At least, the big unit that's overlapping the small one is the Vehicle unit frame from the solo unit frame panel. So, something in the panel switching logic is going south.

I'm not sure what you're showing me in the second image as I don't see a tooltip in it. However, I suspect the problem there is that nUI6 is disabling the unit frames in nUI5 which are tagged to the tooltip. So, yeah... I dunno.

Again... as I posted previously, nUI6 alpha does *NOT* take other tooltip mods into account, so I'm not terribly surprised if there are conflicts with other tooltip mods.

Equelibrium 06-04-10 07:56 PM

The tag just above the hellboar that says "Deranged Hellboar" is actually the tool tip, it just looks very weird ;) It's also stuck at random places, but I've learned to live with it by now. I deactivate the alpha on my main toon, but keep it on for the rest of them for testing purposes, just wanted to give you a heads up about the tool tip :)

I can also confirm that performance so far is way better than nUI5, both outside and in dungeons. The new unitframes also look very good; very excited to see what you do about 25/40 frames. Oh, and there's no sorting of the raidframes going on, but I guess that's not implemented yet (it got broken in nUI5, so guess you'll need to find a new mechanic for it).

Keep up the good work, this is looking really promising :D

Olnir Orcsplitter 06-04-10 11:32 PM

Errors so far...

All I seem to get is a black bottom bar... no keys in it... no nothing. I get chat windows for General and Combat. I have a screenshot... but I do not know how to post it...

Xrystal 06-04-10 11:49 PM

In the message editing screen there is a paperlclip symbol that allows you to attach images to messages. Also, further down the page there is a manage attachments option which does the same thing.

spiel2001 06-05-10 06:48 AM

You have nUI5 installed as well as the nUI6 alpha, yes? nUI6 is not a standalone app yet, it only *replaces* the unit frames in the nUI5 addon... so you need both installed and active to test the nUI6 alpha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olnir Orcsplitter (Post 191051)
All I seem to get is a black bottom bar... no keys in it... no nothing. I get chat windows for General and Combat. I have a screenshot... but I do not know how to post it...

Olnir Orcsplitter 06-05-10 06:52 PM

Ok... I had uninstalled nUI5.... I have a feeling that was the problem. Thanks guys... and I found the manage links.

Paksonarrion 06-15-10 04:58 PM

so far so good

1 Attachment(s)
So far, I am liking what I see. With the exception of the minimap. As it stands, the top of it that lists the location covers buttons. Additionally, some of the map buttons, such as the tracking typr, cover some of the raid frames. I always told nUI5 to leave my minimap alone in the top corner, as it bugs me down there.

Telepavarion 06-15-10 05:35 PM

So I think the solution is that you let nUI manage your minimap and then have a look what happens in nUI6 or look at theses Screenshots

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...1&postcount=20

spiel2001 06-15-10 06:39 PM

What mini map addon are you using? You should be using any third party minimap addon with nUI6. That's why you're having those problems... it's interfering with how nUI6 displays the minimap.

There was a note in one of the alpha e-mails about not using other minimap addons with the alpha. Try turning whatever mod that is off and see if it doesn't improve.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paksonarrion (Post 192326)
So far, I am liking what I see. With the exception of the minimap. As it stands, the top of it that lists the location covers buttons. Additionally, some of the map buttons, such as the tracking typr, cover some of the raid frames. I always told nUI5 to leave my minimap alone in the top corner, as it bugs me down there.

Paksonarrion 06-16-10 12:54 PM

I am not using any map mod. that is the stock blizzard minimap.

spiel2001 06-16-10 03:56 PM

I don't know how as nUI hides the borders and several of the other elements that were being displayed there.

I wonder if you have nUI's minimap management turned off. Could you try using the '/nui minimap' command to see if it correctly hides the borders, etc. and let me know what happens?