WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Developer Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Cataclysm Beta Attempt to use nUI 5 (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34794)

Brillynt 09-04-10 07:59 PM

Cataclysm Beta Attempt to use nUI 5

1 Attachment(s)
So I was trying to see if I could get nUI_5.06.30_Plus working just so I could have a ui that was something I was used too.

After fixing all of the event function declarations to have self, event, arg1, arg2, arg3, arg4, arg5. Also replaced GetSpellName with GetSpellInfo.

Here is what I am seeing. Looks like nUI is OK except for Unit Frames, Mini Map and original Blizzard action bars are still visible.

This is with receiving no errors after fixing what was listed above.

So Scott have any ideas?

DesertDwarf 09-04-10 08:50 PM

If I may be so bold, I'd much, much, much rather have Scott continue working on nUI6 and its compatibility with Cataclysm than spend the time needed to track down issues with nUI5's Cataclysm issues.

Brillynt 09-04-10 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertDwarf (Post 205068)
If I may be so bold, I'd much, much, much rather have Scott continue working on nUI6 and its compatibility with Cataclysm than spend the time needed to track down issues with nUI5's Cataclysm issues.

Oh I wasn't trying to get Scott to make it catacylsm ready I was just wondering if he had a direction I might pursue to resolve this myself.

WOWVern 09-04-10 10:01 PM

Wait for it. Scott will get to this soon. Wait for it.

spiel2001 09-05-10 05:43 AM

It does look like an incomplete load... I'm not sure why to be honest. I'd have to look into it and, as DesertDwarf pointed out, I'm not planning on supporting nUI5 in Cataclysm, so it would be a lot of effort for minimal gain.

I've been having to work this weekend, so I haven't been able to work on the nUI6 version of Cataclysm yet. If I can get that done tonight or tomorrow, you should be able to use that in lieu of nUI5 and then at least be close.

So, if you can, hang in there for a day or two and you should be all set (or closer anyway)

Brillynt 09-05-10 07:13 AM

Scott,

Thanks I did not realize that nUI 6 was close enough to start using in the beta.

cannadrys 09-05-10 11:01 AM

Apparently GetSpellTexture was renamed to GetSpellBookItemTexture.

I don't use the addon, but maybe that's the cause?

/guess ?

Djinn.Crimsora 09-14-10 03:42 PM

PTR for 4.0.1 & nUI

Hey Scott-

You'll actually want to have 6.0 ready for when 4.0.1 launches, as I'm seeing the exact same thing as posted in that screenshot on the PTR servers (since I don't have a beta account I got into this latest PTR build).

In fact, almost all my addons aside from Recount and Atlasloot are going to be effed over when 4.0.1 launches, with tentative estimates putting that release date in the next 1-4 weeks, depending on how long it takes the Dev Team to get the errors fixed on the PTR.

Wasgij 09-15-10 12:09 PM

The new Parch coming is the preload for Cat so yeah all add ons broke in cat will be in this patch ....

Go to the Cat download page here and those add-ons will work on the PTR...

break19 09-15-10 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 205106)
It does look like an incomplete load... I'm not sure why to be honest. I'd have to look into it and, as DesertDwarf pointed out, I'm not planning on supporting nUI5 in Cataclysm, so it would be a lot of effort for minimal gain.

I've been having to work this weekend, so I haven't been able to work on the nUI6 version of Cataclysm yet. If I can get that done tonight or tomorrow, you should be able to use that in lieu of nUI5 and then at least be close.

So, if you can, hang in there for a day or two and you should be all set (or closer anyway)

Great Scott!

No.. seriously.. great!