WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   5.056 released (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45133)

Rythal 11-12-12 09:22 PM

5.056 released

Small bug fixes of missing maps (that's what I get for not doing the full instance, only zoning in), grouping errors with blobs and warehouse.

Hanter 11-13-12 12:56 PM

Is there a listing of what maps were added or was there just too big of a list?

Im wondering cause there were a ton of dungeons in bc that were there before 5.0 that were not there after the update.

SnufferBuffer 11-15-12 03:38 PM

Curse Client Question

I have used Curse Client for about a year and 1/2 and since the problems with the development of Carbonite back a few months, I have not used the Client to update with and it was saying that it was a changed file for the past 2-3 months.

Today on the Curse Client it lists the Update from 5.055 to 5.056 version is available for update off the Curse Client again.

My Question is will updates for the Carbonite Up Dates now be posted each time on the Curse site and always be downlodable through the Curse Client now, like it was before?

Thanks for any Input here . . . . . :cool:

Coasty 11-15-12 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnufferBuffer (Post 268942)
My Question is will updates for the Carbonite Up Dates now be posted each time on the Curse site and always be downlodable through the Curse Client now, like it was before?

Thanks for any Input here . . . . . :cool:

Yes, new updates are available through the Curse Client, and so is the correct Carbonite web site.

Both the Curse Client and the Carbonite web site were changed to reflect Rythal's take over of the addon about a month ago.

Rhyhal's doing a major re-write of the addon to bring it out of the dark ages. :D

mjumnito 11-15-12 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coasty (Post 268950)
Yes, new updates are available through the Curse Client, and so is the correct Carbonite web site.

Both the Curse Client and the Carbonite web site were changed to reflect Rythal's take over of the addon about a month ago.

Rhyhal's doing a major re-write of the addon to bring it out of the dark ages. :D

I feel the need to point out that carboniteaddon.com was not handed over to Rythal and as such is not up to date. only curse and WoWI are current

Tigermafia 11-15-12 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjumnito (Post 268954)
I feel the need to point out that carboniteaddon.com was not handed over to Rythal and as such is not up to date. only curse and WoWI are current

Carboniteaddon.com still expires on the Nov. 30th so in 2 weeks of the time of this posting Rhythal can scoop up this domain or maybe someone else in the community (Hell I will if needed.) can take the site back over.

Tiger

mjumnito 11-16-12 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigermafia (Post 268955)
Carboniteaddon.com still expires on the Nov. 30th so in 2 weeks of the time of this posting Rhythal can scoop up this domain or maybe someone else in the community (Hell I will if needed.) can take the site back over.

Tiger

lol I had the same thought

technomike 11-16-12 11:03 AM

Not entirely true...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigermafia (Post 268955)

Tiger

Just a quick note: an expired domain still has a grace period (called redemption period) in which the owner can renew the domain... in the case of schlund.info (registrar of carboniteaddon.com), such grace period is 30 days (see http://faq.registrar.schlund.info/en...domains/4.html)

So no, carboniteaddon.com cannot be recovered after november the 30th... the date to watch for is december 31, 2012 anyone not celebrating New Year's eve willing to buy the domain?

NoggenFogger 11-16-12 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by technomike (Post 268987)
Just a quick note: an expired domain still has a grace period (called redemption period) in which the owner can renew the domain... in the case of schlund.info (registrar of carboniteaddon.com), such grace period is 30 days (see

Quote:

Originally Posted by technomike (Post 268987)
http://faq.registrar.schlund.info/en...domains/4.html)

So no, carboniteaddon.com cannot be recovered after november the 30th... the date to watch for is december 31, 2012 anyone not celebrating New Year's eve willing to buy the domain?

I'll be around. New Years Eve is armature hour when you live in college town (thus I won't be going out to get in a car wreck with the idiots). I'll see what I can do, and then figure out a way to transfer it to Rythal.

DHubert 11-17-12 10:47 AM

I am not sure how all this works but wouldn't the website and its contents still be considered the property of the people who made it? Therefore, any content (including the tutorials and information on the website which is contained under the Carboniteaddon name might still be unaccessable to a new domain holder?)

I am not sure what happens once the option to resecure the domain name expires. But, I think a domain name is just that... you are buying the rights to use that web address online... it has nothing to do with what the original website contents are at all... Maybe all the tutorials and information needs to be safeguarded in case it goes poof.

Lets be honest, once the domain is gone, so might the website be gone. It could just disappear... whoever is hostinf that info could simply shut it down and all the info could simply be deleted and lost forever... The fact that Rythal enquired about the website and domain name and received no response back, speaks louder than words )IMHO) If the original developers cared enough - they would have had a dialogue with Rythal about transfering everything regarding carbonite over to Rythal in the first place.

Even if you can not legally *copy and paste* Surely starting with the basics of the info contanied in how the program works can be rewritten and a totally new domain name be chosen. That way, Rythal would have full control over the *new website and could begin the rebuilding proceess.

I mean: if you can have a celebrity use *formerly known as Prince* as part of their name.... Consider doing the same with the *new carbonite^. <New name> - formerly known as Carboniteaddon and give the past developers acknowledgement in the credits...

NoggenFogger 11-17-12 02:20 PM

You are correct. The domain in just that, a name space out on the web. It does not entitle anyone to the contents of the web pages once displayed by said name.

As such, Rythal would have to either start over with his own tutorials on a new website, or get permission and access to transfer the original content to his own hosting solution.

I merely offered to help secure the domain name, as I won't be doing much that night. ;)

If Rythal does get permission and access to the contents of the website, I would be more than happy to help get the entire site transferred to a new host.

tinyu 11-18-12 12:05 AM

tbh i think all the tutorials, videos etc should be updated once Rythal is finished with the modularisation of Carbonite.

davie261 11-18-12 07:07 PM

Most all of the content on the website is outdated anyways so a total remake would be the best option. Just the name carboniteaddon.com is what will be important to attain imho.

myrroddin 11-19-12 11:41 AM

I do see the merit in gaining the URL, but since all downloads link to either WoWI or Curse, is it even necessary? Sure, users might still think of "carboniteaddon.com" for now, but when they download, nobody goes there, and never has. I'd say just let the URL lapse; it is one less headache for Rythal.

Rythal 11-19-12 09:28 PM

actually.. I want the domain if I can get it, only for the convenience.... Most users don't read the forums, and when I send out an update curse can take up to 12 hours before it's available, I changed the internal message to say check wowinterface... but if I can change it back to check carboniteaddon.com it will make things easier (even if the download link is still coming from wowI).

Plus there's all those who have not even looked at curse or wowI, they just keep checking carboniteaddon and seeing oh latest is still 5.041

myrroddin 11-20-12 02:20 AM

Alright, that makes sense, Rythal. You said it takes up to 12 hours for Curse to propagate your updates? That would be true if you are manually zipping up, uploading, and waiting for moderator attention. On the other hand, using the repository system is automatic, with no moderators involved, and takes a handful of seconds.

Having checked the developer page at Curseforge, the repo is linked to a Git; I wonder why there is a delay? There shouldn't be one. I know the CF page won't automatically detect a new commit from a third party site, but if you tag your Git here, then pop over there and do the same, it should take less than 30 seconds for Curse to update.

Chmee 11-20-12 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 269167)
Plus there's all those who have not even looked at curse or wowI, they just keep checking carboniteaddon and seeing oh latest is still 5.041

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.:cool:

Taheraliel 11-21-12 12:50 AM

What's new in 5.057?

What's new in 5.057?

Rythal 11-21-12 01:23 AM

Terrace wasn't working / displaying.

angro 11-22-12 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 269167)
Plus there's all those who have not even looked at curse or wowI, they just keep checking carboniteaddon

please don't forget the most important source of all news Rythal's Development Blog. Carboniteaddon.com should point to that website, with proper forums regardless where you got Carbonite or Ruma from.

grtz