WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   News (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Treasure Hunt! (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43006)

Cairenn 03-11-12 07:03 PM

Treasure Hunt!

Hi all. We know everyone is getting excited about the information that will be revealed about Mists of Pandaria after March 19th, so we thought we’d give you something to occupy your time this week while Cairenn is away at the press conference. We have 20 Diablo III beta keys up for grabs! So, starting on March 12th, we're going to have a treasure hunt.

First clue has been posted!
Quote:

First drawing Winners:
  • dragonkilla08
  • mortischia
  • Katsurugi
  • Linera|WH
  • Waky

Second clue has been posted!
Quote:

Second drawing Winners:
  • androsity90
  • p3lim
  • z1shadow
  • skywalkertw
  • Foxlit

Third clue has been posted!
Quote:

Third drawing Winners:
  • Lono
  • Mars85
  • Apollexis
  • harpow
  • marissea

Fourth & last clue has been posted!
Quote:

Final drawing Winners:
  • falsyn
  • renegadewaffle
  • bignickftw
  • Carighan
  • zaldoom

Congratulations to all the winners and thank you every one for participating in our treasure hunt!

p3lim 03-11-12 08:03 PM

No love for us europeans? :<

Dolby 03-11-12 09:03 PM

I dont understand p3lim?

Cairenn 03-11-12 09:08 PM

p3lim, huh?

Mike-N-Go 03-12-12 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p3lim (Post 253671)
No love for us europeans? :<

He is asking if Europeans are eligible to win.

zork 03-12-12 04:55 AM

+ p3lim

I think it's mainly because of the time.

Central Standard Time (CST) = GMT-6
Middle European Winter Time (MEWT) = GMT+1
http://www.amcon-luxled.com/time/zones.html

10pm + 7 is kind of early .. but someone has to suffer ;)

Vlad 03-12-12 07:43 AM

For non-US you can look the date and time on wolframalpha and it will tell you the time relative to your location (based on IP). Also, I know it's pointless to look at the clocks for each day, considering the clues are to be given out at the same time each day, but it shows the exact time until that happens in hours, minutes, seconds, for us geeks. :PFor me it's indeed early, I guess I can take a peak at the clue before work or university. :P

By the way, does the treasure chests spawn at the first clue giveaway, or do all chests spawn when the first clue is posted? I took a peak around, couldn't find any chests right now, so I guess they aren't placed on the site yet.

p3lim 03-12-12 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolby (Post 253672)
I dont understand p3lim?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 253673)
p3lim, huh?

It's beeing held in 4am GMT, that's all.

Dolby 03-12-12 11:14 AM

Read the contest, the time doesnt matter, you have 24hrs to find the first treasure chest to be included in the first drawning. First clue is turned on today at 10pm cst (maybe even earlier :) ) and we dont drawn names until 24hrs after that at Tuesday at 10pm and you dont need to be around for that since we will send you the key via PM.

So just find the clue every day you're up and you'll make the drawing just fine. So you have from 4am tonight till the next day at 4am to find the first clue in GMT (going by what you said the time would be).

You are given 24hrs to find the clue so it doesn't matter what time it starts.

(Monday 10pm PST clue given), (Tuesday 10pm Names drawn, next clue given), (Wednesday 10pm Names drawn, next clue given)... etc. As explained on the contest page. Each time you have 24hrs in between drawings to find the treasure chest.

p3lim 03-12-12 12:46 PM

Quote:

The first five winners will be drawn on...
I read this as the first 5 to solve it, that's probably what mislead me.

Coldkil 03-12-12 11:46 PM

so...just find - click treasure chests then hope for luck :P

Never been lucky TBH - well, this doen't mean i won't try.

NeoTheOne420 03-13-12 01:06 AM

Treasure Found! Entered in contest!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 253669)
Hi all. We know everyone is getting excited about the information that will be revealed about Mists of Pandaria after March 19th, so we thought we’d give you something to occupy your time this week while Cairenn is away at the press conference. We have 20 Diablo III beta keys up for grabs! So, starting on March 12th, we're going to have a treasure hunt.

First clue has been posted!

Treasure Found! Have fun hunting!;)

Good luck!

No spoiling it! ;) ~Cairenn

zork 03-13-12 03:04 AM

It's working. As intended?!

karmamuscle 03-13-12 03:08 AM

It's exciting!
[said with Simon Pegg scottish accent]

thieflui 03-13-12 04:45 AM

not sure what to do hmm

karmamuscle 03-13-12 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thieflui (Post 253742)
not sure what to do hmm

Browse the website until you find a page with a treasure chest on it, click the treasure chest to see if its the one with the treasure in it. If not, keep browsing.
You can check the clue to get a hint where to browse.

Bl4ckSh33p 03-13-12 08:30 AM

Found the treasure chest.
Nice treasure hunt! :D

Refus3 03-13-12 08:43 AM

GL HF PPL!! :banana:

Ketho 03-13-12 10:29 AM

I don't intend to give away hints, but .. do we always have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the concerning page, or will the treasure chest be placed on random positions throughout the page?

Dolby 03-13-12 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ketho (Post 253757)
I don't intend to give away hints, but .. do we always have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the concerning page, or will the treasure chest be placed on random positions throughout the page?

The treasure is always buried or sunken :)