WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Successor of WoW Manager in the works (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42711)

Bl4ckSh33p 02-27-12 04:18 PM

Successor of WoW Manager in the works: WoW Launcher PLUS

Hello! After a very long break I am back to business and working on a new Tool to replace my old "WoW Manager".

A while ago I started to work on a multi-game manager called "Playbird" but I had to pause it and it will take too much time to complete it any time soon.
So I started a new WoW specific project today and it will be called "WoW Launcher PLUS" or short: "WoWL+" and it is meant to replace the original WoW Launcher. :eek:

More Information will be available soon.
Check the new Facebook Page to see an early preview Screenshot of WoWL+. :banana:
Please don't forget to "Like" it. ;)

- Get it here!

You can leave your Feedback in this thread.

Cairenn 02-27-12 04:55 PM

Looks interesting. Also, welcome back. :)

Bl4ckSh33p 02-27-12 04:59 PM

Thank you! :)
Instead of creating a completely separate app I try to use the existing launcher and extend it with some useful features this time.

Haleth 02-27-12 05:22 PM

I'm not quite sure if that complies with the terms of use. They state explicitly that you can't modify game files - the launcher might fall under that.

Just a heads up. :)

Dridzt 02-27-12 05:33 PM

He said replace not modify so I'm guessing he's not doing anything to the WoW Launcher itself,
just providing an alternate launcher that can start wow.exe (or launcher.exe itself)

Cairenn 02-27-12 05:42 PM

You might want to look at whether you can tie it in to Minion. :)

Bl4ckSh33p 02-28-12 04:02 AM

Nothing will be changed on the original launcher or any WoW files. The original launcher is still needed to update your game files when a new patch goes live. My Launcher just looks very similar and has many additional features. :)

I will take a look at Minion.

Evolution85 02-28-12 11:20 AM

Looks interesting. I will be keeping an eye on it. ;)

Cairenn 02-28-12 11:31 AM

Will hopefully be able to approve it soon(tm). ;)

But seriously, I know we know you and that you've been a long time member in good standing, but as always, I want to wait until one of the programmers can tear it apart, for everyone's sake. :)

Bl4ckSh33p 02-28-12 11:35 AM

Thanks. Just ignore my private message asking how to fix the "on hold" status sent a minute ago, please. ;)

Cairenn 02-28-12 11:46 AM

No worries. :)

Bl4ckSh33p 02-28-12 02:31 PM

Preview for ALPHA 2

Preview of new Settings with ALPHA 2:

suicidalkatt 02-29-12 01:37 AM

This is really interesting to me :)

I look forward to seeing the progress!

Bl4ckSh33p 02-29-12 05:58 AM

You can download ALPHA 1 now! :)
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...o.php?id=20893

Coote 02-29-12 06:03 AM

It works great for an alpha. Guild page, voice chat, play buttons all work wonderfully, as well as the drop down menus. Front page news even works great.

Can't wait to see what else is in store.

Bl4ckSh33p 02-29-12 06:42 AM

Glad you like it.

Does it show your localized Launcher news? Can anyone not living in Germany confirm this please?

Vlad 02-29-12 07:49 AM

Here is a wacky idea, now I've done something like this in the past (long ago) so don't got any sources, but the gist of it goes like this:
1. Code a program that adds certain rule (keeps it updated if needed) to the hosts file. This serves to redirect the traffic wanting to access the launcher webpage to our own program.
2. Code the program to accept http requests over the local IP only and a specific port.
3. When you run the launcher (official one, nothing changed) it will read the data served by your own application, thus you can modify the output and show what ever you like on the launcher.
A lot of work but the payoff is not tampering with the game files at all, only the start page shown on the launcher. You can add all the options and such as html forms and have the program read the post or get requests made by the browser/launcher and store that information somewhere locally.

Just an idea. :)

Bl4ckSh33p 02-29-12 08:28 AM

Nice idea. But I am not very good at Java/JScript or similar languages to do everything via an html page.

Right now my app shows the official launcher html page (without any changes) and it just adds a few new buttons and features (written in LUA just like WoW Addons).

Othgar 02-29-12 11:23 AM

Great idea. I downloaded the alpha and tried it out, en(US) showed just fine when I opened it no problems there. Can't wait until it's fully functional.

Bl4ckSh33p 02-29-12 11:38 AM

Thank you very much for testing it. I am working on ALPHA 2 the whole day and it should not take too long to finish it (a few days).

You can see the upcoming changes in the Change Log.

Coote 02-29-12 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bl4ckSh33p (Post 253222)
Glad you like it.

Does it show your localized Launcher news? Can anyone not living in Germany confirm this please?

Sorry, should have clarified. That's what I meant when I said the news works properly. It shows the US news without any issue I've seen so far.

Bl4ckSh33p 03-01-12 11:23 AM

Thanks.

I have just uploaded v0.2 with many new features like:
- check the Realm Status of up to three realms
- added more useful links to WoW websites
- added support for 64-Bit Clients
- added option to change the Homepage of WoWL+
- added Change Log to About screen
- added option to delete CreatureCache.wdb
and more!

- Get it here
- See the full Change Log here

Bl4ckSh33p 03-01-12 01:24 PM

Hotfix v0.2.1

Just uploaded a new hotfix release with the following changes:

v0.2.1
* changed "Update Realms" Button on the Settings page to automatically clear all entries and update the realm dropdown lists
+ added Tooltips for Server Status Icons (Online/Offline)
+ added new info (hover ?-Icon) for the Realm Status update interval regarding throttling and the Blilzzard API
* fixed PTR-Button - showed an error message (typo)
* fixed custom WoW, PTR and BETA Path - if missing, a trailing "\" will be added now

- Download now!

Othgar 03-01-12 04:38 PM

I just installed the new version. All the options work fine but the loacalization in German ( I think). Everything else is great though, realm status shows on all 3 realms, Ventrilo launches right no problems with functionality just the localization on the home screen.

Bl4ckSh33p 03-02-12 12:16 AM

I noticed the same issue a few times and got the English (US) launcher content instead of the German one. I try to find a solution for this to fix it in an upcoming version. Meanwhile you could try to open Internet Explorer, navigate to worldofwarcraft.com and select your region and language in the lower right again. Don't forget to try the "HOME"-Button or close WoWL+ and launch it again.

Nibelheim 03-02-12 12:40 AM

Now it just needs an "AddOn Profile" feature, which will automatically adjust Interface and WTF folders based on your profile selection :)

Bl4ckSh33p 03-03-12 01:41 AM

You mean like Addon sets in Addon Control Panel? You can create profiles to enable different addons with each one.

Nibelheim 03-03-12 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bl4ckSh33p (Post 253361)
You mean like Addon sets in Addon Control Panel? You can create profiles to enable different addons with each one.

Nah, actual different physical sets of addons & settings. The easiest way to do it these days is to use batch files or symlinks to create/copy/etc different Interface and WTF folders.

Bl4ckSh33p 03-03-12 02:16 AM

So you mean to delete/rename/move the current Interface and WTF folder and put in a new set of addons (for a new UI) and config files? So you can quickly switch between different UIs and don't have to remove/rename the old addons manually?

Nibelheim 03-03-12 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bl4ckSh33p (Post 253364)
So you mean to delete/rename/move the current Interface and WTF folder and put in a new set of addons (for a new UI) and config files? So you can quickly switch between different UIs and don't have to remove/rename the old addons manually?

Yep :)

It probably won't be a hugely utilized feature (though I'd definitely use it), but hey, one more feature can't hurt :P

Bl4ckSh33p 03-03-12 02:33 AM

I will consider it for a future update. But no promises, yet.

Wimpface 03-04-12 09:30 PM

I haven't tried it out yet, but it looks amazing.

An idea would be to have it read through your AddOns folder to see what addons are installed (just reading foldernames should be enough) and then read from WoWInterface and possibly Curse to see if one has been updated with a link to the addon's wowinterface/curse page.

This is different from addon clients in that it doesn't offer a straight download via your program, but instead links to the webpage itself and therefore does not leech bandwidth. :)

You wouldn't have to have a full list of addons displayed anywhere in the client, or do any checks apart from folder names. Version checks shouldn't be needed as you know if you've updated or not. Just having a box that says "these have been updated in the last 5 days!" should be enough. :)

Just an idea, it'd be very cool.

Bl4ckSh33p 03-09-12 05:21 PM

Nice idea! I will consider it for a future update but I have to see if and how I can implement it.

Bl4ckSh33p 03-12-12 01:10 PM

Working on v0.3 - Found a Bug or want to request a Feature?

I am working on v0.3 and this is the right time to report any bugs you have encountered so far or suggest new features.

Request a Feature: http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.p...a=listfeatures
Report a Bug: http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.p...479&a=listbugs

Thanks!

Bl4ckSh33p 03-13-12 08:12 AM

New Poll on Facebook: What do you like particulary on WoW Launcher PLUS?

What do you like particulary on WoW Launcher PLUS?

Vote now: http://www.facebook.com/questions/226231380808088/

Bl4ckSh33p 04-01-12 09:19 AM

Preview of the new Mists of Pandaria Redesign with v0.3:

I hope you like it. :)

Bl4ckSh33p 04-10-12 02:40 PM

WoWL+ v0.3 Trailer

The next update will be released very soon (this week)! Check out the new Trailer to see what's coming up.

http://youtu.be/VgwrdlIeU24

lerb 04-10-12 03:07 PM

Dude, this looks AMAZING! Can't wait! :eek:

Bl4ckSh33p 04-11-12 08:15 AM

Thanks. You can download v0.3 now. :)

Bl4ckSh33p 08-14-14 12:46 AM

Many features like deleting cache files for rare mob scanner-addons or creating backups of your settings are still missing in the Battle.net Launcher. If you still like WoW Launcher PLUS and want an updated version for Warlords of Draenor let me know, please. Just write a comment. :)

Phanx 08-14-14 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bl4ckSh33p (Post 295311)
Many features like deleting cache files for rare mob scanner-addons ... are still missing in the Battle.net Launcher.

In the current beta build it's no longer possible to scan for rares using the cache:
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=49620