WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Bug Reports (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Problem with Icon Herioc Will or lack off it (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42023)

XDNAngel 12-06-11 08:18 PM

Problem with Icon Herioc Will or lack off it

Hoping somebody can help me here. I used the raid finder to tank the Fall of Deathwing raid. The second part to the Dragon Soul raid. On the boss Ultraxion the tank aquires the buff called Herioc Will. The tank needs to use this buff to move in and out of twilight to avoid damage from the boss. Problem was I could not find the buff anywhere on the Nui screen to use or click on. Could somebody point me in the right direction on the Nui dashboard as to where the button is to use the buff .

Xrystal 12-06-11 09:44 PM

My plugin CustomMovers http://www.wowinterface.com/download...tomMovers.html adds the new bar added in Cataclysm and the new bar added in 4.3 to the nui mover system. Just use /nui movers once the addon is installed and move the frame to a more accessible area. By default the bars are under the dashboard or mixed amongst the regular buttons.

wacko1 12-12-11 07:20 AM

this addon fixed that perfectly.

but.....just downloaded the 5 7 22 + version

and if im correct the special bars for dragon soul should be in there like xrystals addon did.

however , i got the alternate power bar mover , but not the special actionbar (which u need for ultraxion etc. ) mover with /nui movers.

which i did have with xrystals fix addon. since the 22 version disables xrystals addon we have a problem ;-)

but anyway happy your back. :banana:

spiel2001 12-12-11 07:54 PM

The special action bar should be located just to the left of the main action bar.

If you do '/nui movers' is there not a red square located there for it?

roguesirs 12-12-11 11:58 PM

there is a red square but i dont think that the actual button is showing up any more,

spiel2001 12-13-11 05:34 AM

I would be curious to know if last night's 5.07.23 patch fixed that or not.

wacko1 12-13-11 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 249339)
I would be curious to know if last night's 5.07.23 patch fixed that or not.

no it didnt scott :(

and roguesirs is right there is a bar mover there called multicast (something) bar .
but thats not the bar where the special button for the new dragonsoul raid is.

will reverd back to 5 7 21 with xrystals addon and update this thread with the exact name of the DS bar cause without that button u kill the raid in 5 secs :D

Edit:

Scott just revered back to 5.7.21 with xrystals addon.

and found the following:

PlayerPowerBarAlt_Mover is the hour of twilight dungeon special bar ( and im guessing the atramedes ) this one isnt the problem , it IS in both 5.7.22 and 5.7.23

ExtraActionBarFrame_Mover is the new bar that is missing from Nui+.

and thats the button u need for the Ds raids that blizz added.

hope this helps to track down the problem

roguesirs 12-13-11 02:12 PM

i just went back to the .21 version of nui and reinstalled the custom movers plugin xrystal posted and it all works fine, gonna be usin it till a new fixed version comes out

Xrystal 12-13-11 03:39 PM

Check out this one next time you get the opportunity.

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...379#post249379

It sounds like its just a reloading problem at the moment, so if you need the changes in the new update it might be worth a try out at least once to see if it resolves the problem for you.

roguesirs 12-13-11 08:47 PM

yea i tried that late last night early this morning, it shows the playerpowerbar but it is still unable to move once the bar is shown, the extraactionbutton bar in DS fights is still invisible after the reload, so

wacko1 12-14-11 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roguesirs (Post 249419)
yea i tried that late last night early this morning, it shows the playerpowerbar but it is still unable to move once the bar is shown, the extraactionbutton bar in DS fights is still invisible after the reload, so

jup extra action button still isnt showing , jumped out of the raid to prevent a wipe

it does show somekind of mover at the spot where the button should be but the button itself isnt showing in raid.

bvttacvs 12-15-11 07:17 PM

I'm seeing the same thing in 5.07.24. /nui movers shows the placementability, but in the raid, the button is not there. Was fine with 5.07.21 and the special addon. Unfortunately I overwrite my addons, so I no longer have 5.07.21. Since I'm raiding a lot in DS, I'd like to have this functionality back. If anyone can link 5.07.21, I'd be appreciative.

spiel2001 12-15-11 07:31 PM

As pointed out in quite a few threads and in my newsletter last night... just create the macro '/click ExtraActionButton1' and put that on your action bar... you can use that until I get it fixed.

Vlad 12-15-11 07:54 PM

wacko1 I think there is a signature rule that says you can't have such huge signature, just pointing that out before a moderator does. :P

Talyrius 12-15-11 08:28 PM

Sorry for going off-topic, but the length of that signature is definitely getting out of control.

wacko1 12-16-11 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bvttacvs (Post 249576)
I'm seeing the same thing in 5.07.24. /nui movers shows the placementability, but in the raid, the button is not there. Was fine with 5.07.21 and the special addon. Unfortunately I overwrite my addons, so I no longer have 5.07.21. Since I'm raiding a lot in DS, I'd like to have this functionality back. If anyone can link 5.07.21, I'd be appreciative.

its under "other files" in the nui+ download area.

twizt3dkitty 12-28-11 09:43 PM

any word on getting this fixed? and could someone link to crystals plugin for .21?

Xrystal 12-28-11 10:02 PM

Link is in my signature. Hopefully it works as Seer was questioning whether it did or not. If you do try it out let me know if it definitely works if nUI's newest version doesn't. It might help us narrow down why.

Seer 12-29-11 11:53 AM

Bollwerk seems to indicate it used to work as well, I'm sure it worked after you updated your plugin when 4.3 went live.. Just had to move it once to make it pop up..

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...15&postcount=2

twizt3dkitty 12-29-11 09:10 PM

so just to get this straight, this all supposedly workd with nui .21+ and your addon for custom movers, and it broke in 22, and has not been fixed in 23 or 24. So Im going to back track to .21+ and your addon, then give that a shot.

*edit* i need to apply all the hacks as well.
\
*edit again*
\
patched v21, installed movers, cannot see the heroic will button frame when using /nui movers

Xrystal 12-29-11 11:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hmm, very weird, that was one thing that could be checked by myself that it appeared in the movers. I just couldn't test with the button actually appearing in dungeons.

Edit: Okay, reverted back to the 5.07.21 version with the nUI_Button and nUI_UnitPower fixes applied and the bar mover appears in the /nui movers screen as this screenshot shows. It did take me a while to find it amongst all those movers though rofl.

Just realised that the nUI_Button fix post wasn't in my signature link ... although it shouldn't have made a difference to it appearing but added it now and heres a link to it anyway.

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...9&postcount=21

twizt3dkitty 12-30-11 12:15 PM

I did not have the button fix applied, testing that now.

*edit* no dice
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/9...3011131713.jpg

Xrystal 12-30-11 02:21 PM

Hmm, very weird. And that is definitely the latest copy of my plugin ?

Do you have the tutorial alerts frame in the movers screen ?

If not, double check my plugin code you have and see if the two frames are listed at the top of the lua file.

As you can see I have a lot more mover frames on screen than you do which is a bit worrying if we're both using 5.07.21 and my plugin.

Seer 12-30-11 04:35 PM

Might be cause of wtf / settings file and that needs to be deleted? (nUI.lua I suppose)

Xrystal 12-31-11 12:06 AM

maybe seer

wacko1 01-13-12 07:58 AM

since the heroic will button still isnt working in 5.07.24 is there anyway to enable xrystals fix ( which works perfectly ) without reverting back to 5.07.21.

i really want those fixes with cd's in the latest nui+ but i cant play without the heroic will button , so for now im still using 5.07.21 + fix.

i know i can make the macro scott pointed out.

but i alrdy have so many buttons and macros.

offtopic:
scott could u set the mouseover for debuffs on true as default ( never understood why this isnt on as default) i always edit the lua so i can see what debuff i got in the hud.

spiel2001 01-13-12 05:33 PM

No... the problem is that for a lot of people, those being on annoys them because they can't see the "hidden" buttons but they are still on the field of play which means you can't click things that are under the button you can't see... that's why they got changed to be non-clickable by default.

As for the extra action button, again... it's a really easy fix for now... just make the macro '/click ExtraActionButton1' and put it on the action bar... problem solved until I can find a permanent fix... just use the command '/macro' to open the macro window, create a new macro, type that in, then drag the icon onto the action bar and you're golden.

twizt3dkitty 01-14-12 05:24 PM

I used the two macros used to enable and disable the blizzard frame, havnt run DS yet, may jump in LFR to see if it works, but here is what Im using

Code:

#showtooltip Heroic Will
/run local b=ExtraActionButton1 b:SetParent(UIParent) b:SetPoint("CENTER",0,-170) b:Show()

This Shows the Blizz Frame, note you may need to alter the 170 value to your preferences based on how your UI is setup. A lower value moves the bar higher, a greater value moves it lower.

Code:

#showtooltip Heroic Will
/run local b=ExtraActionButton1 b:SetParent(UIParent) b:SetPoint("CENTER",0,-170) b:Hide()

This will Hide the Blizz frame.

Keep in mind you need to hit this while OUT OF COMBAT. Im also not sure if the tooltip will show up or not.

*code borrowed and modified from Detritis *
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...66&postcount=6

Detritis 01-16-12 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twizt3dkitty (Post 251044)
Keep in mind you need to hit this while OUT OF COMBAT. Im also not sure if the tooltip will show up or not.

*code borrowed and modified from Detritis *
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...66&postcount=6

Indeed, this does infact work as intended and it does show the tooltip, verified in both Ultraxion and Madness of Deathwing fights. As stated if you try run this macro while in combat you get a tainted message from blizzard and it doesn't show the frame, so you would have to run Scott's little macro instead.

Xrystal 01-16-12 12:35 PM

That macro is similar to my little plugin. The only difference in being that I don't offset the center positioning but add it to the mover system allowing the user to position it. It really is starting to look like the fact that Scott is attaching the frame to another one it messes it up at some point. Perhaps blizz is hiding the frames that nUI is anchoring the new frame to and thus hiding the new frame at the same time.

spiel2001 01-16-12 06:06 PM

Yeah... there's some strange fiddly stuff going on behind the scenes. I *think* it's tied to frame animations. I just haven't nailed it down yet.

wacko1 03-22-12 05:03 PM

well i fixed it by installing nui 5.07.24+ with the */plugins/movers.lua from 5.07.21 with xrystal fix.

so now i got the latest nui with a working button. :banana:

i know its a workaround but atleast everything scott fixed is doing now what its supposed to do.

until scott can figure out what is going wrong with the stupid button.

Xrystal 03-22-12 06:04 PM

Well hopefully that will help Scott identify what differences are in between the movers.lua files between the versions that are causing the problem. Although I suspect it is to do with anchoring.

twizt3dkitty 03-27-12 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wacko1 (Post 254267)
well i fixed it by installing nui 5.07.24+ with the */plugins/movers.lua from 5.07.21 with xrystal fix.

so now i got the latest nui with a working button. :banana:

i know its a workaround but atleast everything scott fixed is doing now what its supposed to do.

until scott can figure out what is going wrong with the stupid button.

that was a good idea, xcrystals mod allowed you to move the button around too correct? This would eliminate the need for the 2 macros I use, however I have since moved this button to the left side of my screen. So id like it moveable :)

yea reread the last few posts, it does make it movable :)

*edit*
Wacko did you actually test this in Raid Finder or a DS run? I just changed the movers.lua to the .21 version, installed the plugin and yes I was able to see the frame, moved it to where I wanted it, jumped in RF, and after Ultra trash, yes the frame and button popped up, but it was not clickable, as in clicking it did nothing. Luckily you dont die in RF, so the next time I hit the origional (short /click extra.....) macro and this still worked, but now i could see the gcd go off on the button in the frame. tried it one last time and actually stopped dpsing... no dice.. button deff did not work. going back to .24 movers.lua and uninstalling plugin for now, I like my macros that show the graphics and they still seem to work fine for the time being.

Xrystal 03-28-12 12:57 AM

thanks twizdt.

What about with the 21 version and my plugin ? I believe that was the version in existence when the other posts were made.

twizt3dkitty 03-28-12 08:45 PM

you can call me kitty to avoid confusion about pronunciation of twizt3d (twisted) any last i checked it didnt work for me, but that was a few months ago, i like my macros, they work for me right now. but ill give it a look tomorrow. If you get a chance could you take a look at my last post int he custom layouts forum crystal?

daroz 04-10-12 12:22 AM

Just a quick bump. Tested on a clean .27 nUI and no button for Ultraxion.

Tyriael 04-16-12 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daroz (Post 255292)
Just a quick bump. Tested on a clean .27 nUI and no button for Ultraxion.

yeah, i get this too, you have to make a "click extra action button 1" macro until it gets fixed.

wacko1 04-17-12 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twizt3dkitty (Post 254534)
that was a good idea, xcrystals mod allowed you to move the button around too correct? This would eliminate the need for the 2 macros I use, however I have since moved this button to the left side of my screen. So id like it moveable :)

yea reread the last few posts, it does make it movable :)

*edit*
Wacko did you actually test this in Raid Finder or a DS run? I just changed the movers.lua to the .21 version, installed the plugin and yes I was able to see the frame, moved it to where I wanted it, jumped in RF, and after Ultra trash, yes the frame and button popped up, but it was not clickable, as in clicking it did nothing. Luckily you dont die in RF, so the next time I hit the origional (short /click extra.....) macro and this still worked, but now i could see the gcd go off on the button in the frame. tried it one last time and actually stopped dpsing... no dice.. button deff did not work. going back to .24 movers.lua and uninstalling plugin for now, I like my macros that show the graphics and they still seem to work fine for the time being.

yes i did test it and its working flawless.

Rol1 06-20-12 07:50 PM

Still hard to find

I'm having trouble finding Heroic Will button do i need that mover plugin

Xrystal 06-20-12 11:29 PM

It looks like wacko managed to get my plugin working with the latest nUI version so you might have to read his post to see how they did it.

Outside of that you would have to use a macro and set that to a key or button etc.

bigdawg1022 06-22-12 05:33 AM

use a seperate addon

Hey guys, I had this problem early on and tried the macro which worked out ok for awhile. But there is an addon called BetterExtraAction button that I tried and it works pretty well. The only issue I have found with it is it resets its position to the right side of my screen every time I load into the instance. This is pretty easily fixed by right clicking on the button (it turns gray) then click and drag it to where you want it and right click on it again. No issues found with nUI and this addon yet and I have been using it for months.
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ionButton.html