WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   General WoW Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Poll: How do you update your addons? (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33988)

Fodaro 07-16-10 10:32 AM

Poll: How do you update your addons?

Hello everyone,

I've been curious about this for a while, so I thought I'd do a poll to find out how people like to update their addons (that is, if I can work out how to use this poll thingy...:)). Personally, I prefer to use the WoWInterface favourites feature.

cloudwolf 07-16-10 11:37 AM

I use minion, and manually update addons that minion doesn't have.

Dawn 07-16-10 12:39 PM

I keep track of addons that I use and update if they are either broken or offer some new feature I like. I don't update for the sake of updating, never.

v6o 07-16-10 03:06 PM

Where's the "I occasionally look for updates manually"

Updating when an addon breaks or when a wow patch is almost... ehm,... mandatory (bad word)

Jzar 07-16-10 03:16 PM

I've got the WoWInterface New and Updated Addons feed in my Google Reader, and so I can easily see every new addon, and try out any that look useful. I also see all the updates, and so I just download them whenever I see them.

Petrah 07-16-10 04:40 PM

I update when something breaks (or I read the addon patch notes to see if something has had a new feature added that I might like. If so, I will update then also). When it breaks, I use the Curse client to update... anything not on Curse, I manually update from here.

VincentSDSH 07-16-10 05:05 PM

Actually I use a combination of the Fav feature here and checking the other sites b/c not everything is listed here -- damn it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloudwolf (Post 198284)
I use minion, and manually update addons that minion doesn't have.

Wish I could use Minion but it's so bat**** crazy that I give up on it -- I try it every few months, realize it's still nutty, then uninstall it.

Minion: Hey! you need to update this addon!
Me: ok.

Minion: Hey! you need to update this addon!
Me: um...you just updated that half an hour ago and the author hasn't modified it in months, I checked
Minion: Hey! you need to update this addon! Rally, you do. Pinky-swear. I'm sooper-serial!

On and on. Why it doesn't store site update-dates along with versions I'll never know. I miss wowace's updater -- yeah, it was tailored to the svn but, damn, WoWI's mod pages are svnney enough to at least cut down on the spaz-effect. All I ask is that it does as good a job as the community page notifier :)

voodoodad 07-16-10 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VincentSDSH (Post 198362)
I'm sooper-serial!

MAN-BEAR-PIG LIVES!

Anyway, I check here for updated addons, then look at the change logs to see if it's a change I need or want.

There's only one or two mods I use that aren't updated on WoWI, and I check those about once a month.

Everything is manual. That way if something is screwed up, I know who did it.:cool:

AxnJackson11 07-16-10 05:56 PM

I use the Curse Client for the majority of the addons, and then I manually download the addons from Wow Interface that aren't hosted on Curse

Terranell 07-17-10 07:46 AM

If I get an error I manually look it up here to see if there's an update, I also add most of the addons I use and ones I'm really interested in to my favourites here, but I tend to only download updates if they fix something that's bothering me or add a feature I like the look of

neverg 07-20-10 06:10 PM

I follow the: "If it isn't broken don't fix it". :) So i update them manually. And I changed some addons for my use so If I update it automatically I would lose the changes I've made.