WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   MoP Beta archived threads (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Author Guilds - Lost Isles (US) & Mekkatorque (EU) (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43207)

Cairenn 04-07-12 02:00 AM

Author Guilds - Lost Isles (US) & Mekkatorque (EU)

Okay, the guilds are set up on both US and EU. Same guild names for both realms:

Alliance == Players vs AddOns
Horde == AddOns vs Players

Hop into IRC to arrange guild invites (or charter signatures): irc://irc.freenode.net/WoWUIDev

Coldkil 07-02-12 04:09 AM

irc node seems down.

Going to look for the guilds when i'm online in MoP.

p3lim 07-02-12 04:15 AM

http://webchat.freenode.net?channels=wowuidev

Cairenn, most default browsers don't support that protocol, atleast not on Windows where IRC doesn't come by default.

Farmbuyer 07-02-12 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p3lim (Post 257475)
Cairenn, most default browsers don't support that protocol, atleast not on Windows where IRC doesn't come by default.

Drop in an IRC plugin for your favorite browser, or install a third-party one that knows how to talk to the browser, and irc://irc.freenode.net/WoWUIDev should magically start working in that browser. :-)

Phanx 07-04-12 03:17 AM

Or just use the Opera browser, which has a built-in IRC client. :)

jeffy162 07-04-12 08:52 AM

If you are a Firefox user:

You can install the "ChatZilla" addon and clicking in the link in Cairenn's post will open ChatZilla up to the WoWUIDev channel.

If you choose to install the "IRC Client 0.1" addon, the link in p3lim's post will work.

I use Firefox 13.0.1, and can check / add more addons through the "Tools" menu, and clicking on the "Add-ons" heading. After installation they will appear in your "Extensions" list.

PS: I'm a noob at this stuff, so I added that last bit. For other noobs like me. :o (and, yes, that means that I will probably be "lurking" there now, too)

Dridzt 07-23-12 05:50 AM

Would it be a suggestion to give g-invite privileges to any authors already invited to the EU author guild?

That way we could self-help ourselves.
Have only found someone online on a couple occasions and they couldn't guild invite.

I know I could hop on irc and ask but feels like a bother (with the time difference and all) for no reason :o

Ketho 07-23-12 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dridzt (Post 258634)
Would it be a suggestion to give g-invite privileges to any authors already invited to the EU author guild?

That way we could self-help ourselves.
Have only found someone online on a couple occasions and they couldn't guild invite.

I know I could hop on irc and ask but feels like a bother (with the time difference and all) for no reason :o

The EU author guilds look pretty dead, and it seems almost everyone from Europe just went for the US alliance guild

On horde side AcidWeb and me are active and can invite, and on ally side Nevcairiel is active but only Cairenn can invite, so that would idd be a good idea ..

Cairenn 07-23-12 01:04 PM

I thought I had them all set up that everyone could invite. I'll log in and check permissions today. Sorry.

Maul 07-23-12 01:25 PM

I've been able to invite on Lost Isles - Alliance.

Xrystal 07-23-12 01:50 PM

When I looked on US Alliance last night I could only see 1 person set to a non officer level but they had only been invited in the last few days.

Cairenn 07-23-12 02:27 PM

I just checked and all four guilds have their permissions set correctly. I've no idea why you were having problems inviting people. :confused:

Miiru 07-29-12 01:43 AM

Would it be possible to enable guild tab view in the guild bank for all guildmembers?

I wanted to check if they changed anything, but it says i don't have the permissions to view the tab :(

Thanks, Miiru.

Cairenn 07-29-12 02:37 AM

Done. Let me know if you need any other changes to it.

Miiru 07-29-12 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 258940)
Done. Let me know if you need any other changes to it.

Thank you very much.