WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   MoP Beta archived threads (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Spell Name Changes (Immolate = Corruption) (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43623)

ssiard 07-01-12 12:52 PM

Spell Name Changes (Immolate = Corruption)

It is either bugged or Blizzard has internally changed the names of spells to support the new talent system. What I have found is that the internal name of the warlock spell "Immolate" is "Corruption".

I basically have a mini addon to call SetBinding to implement all of my key bindings. On live, the following works
Code:

/script SetBindingSpell("3", "Immolate")
This would bind Immolate to key 3. On MOP Beta, I have to do the following to bind Immolate to key 3
Code:

/script SetBindingSpell("3", "Corruption")
Another is to use Shadow Bolt to bind Incinerate. I'm finding this out by using the following function and passing in spell book ids.

Code:

function PrintName(inputIndex)

local skillType, spellId = GetSpellBookItemInfo(inputIndex, BOOKTYPE_SPELL)

if (spellId ~= nil) then

DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(spellId)

end

local name, rank, icon = GetSpellInfo(spellId)

if (icon ~= nil) then

DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(icon)

end

if (name ~= nil) then

DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(name)

end

end

I haven't found a good programmatic way to this as
Code:

name = GetSpellInfo("Immolate")
returns Immolate and not Corruption.

p3lim 07-02-12 01:42 AM

This seems like a bug

Xrystal 07-02-12 01:47 AM

Maybe not, they did do quite a bit of Warlock changes so I wouldn't be surprised if they renamed a few to make them make sense.

p3lim 07-02-12 02:11 AM

Even if they renamed anything, having two apis return different names for the same spell is a bug.

Xrystal 07-02-12 05:52 AM

Ah I see, I misunderstood, thought they had changed the name of the spell as well.

Zorben 07-03-12 04:32 AM

This also happens with frost strike <-> blood strike and asphyxiate <-> strangulate for DKs

Gethe 07-03-12 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorben (Post 257547)
asphyxiate <-> strangulate for DKs

This, I'm sure, is due to the fact that Asphyxiate is a Talent and will replace Strangulate if you take it.

Maul 07-03-12 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorben (Post 257547)
This also happens with frost strike <-> blood strike and asphyxiate <-> strangulate for DKs

Just confirmed this as well this morning. If you create a macro - "/cast blood strike" - but you are in frost spec, it will show as Frost Strike on the action bar and actually cast Frost Strike.

Shabaella 07-16-12 06:54 PM

Anyone figured out a way to work arround this yet?

I'm working on a Shaman add-on and the Earthbind Totem and Earthgrab Totem have the same problem.

It get's worse since I have to create a button with it, the IsSpellInRange only works with Earthbind Totem id, even if I have Earthgrab, but the GetSpellCooldown only works with the Earthgrab Totem id, and since I use LibActionButton, I couldn't make this work yet.

Also the flyout info for this totem is kind of broken, here is a what I'm getting for it's return. Look that it now has a new object returning as the second variable(it's only spellId and isKnown on live).

Code:

-- With Earthgrab Totem
spellId, somethingNew, isKnown = GetFlyoutSlotInfo(79, 1)
-- spellId is 2484 - Earthbind Totem id
-- somethingNew is 51485 - Earthgrab Totem id
-- isKnown is true

spellId, somethingNew, isKnown = GetFlyoutSlotInfo(79, 2)
-- spellId is 51485 - Earthgrab Totem id
-- isKnown is false

-- Without Earthgrab Totem
spellId, somethingNew, isKnown = GetFlyoutSlotInfo(79, 1)
-- spellId is 2484 - Earthbind Totem id
-- somethingNew is 2484 - Earthbind Totem id
-- isKnown is true

spellId, somethingNew, isKnown = GetFlyoutSlotInfo(79, 2)
-- spellId is 51485 - Earthgrab Totem id
-- isKnown is false