WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Developer Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   new panels and nUI 6 (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27380)

rossman 09-18-09 08:36 AM

new panels and nUI 6

If we are creating new unit, hud and info panels will it be easy to get them working with nui 6. Will they just work or need slight modification or major reconstruction?

Xrystal 09-18-09 09:17 AM

And also, which of the many fun and useful panels are you wanting to incorporate as part of the main product ?

spiel2001 09-18-09 09:35 AM

As far as HUD and Unit Panels go... I'm not sure. There's hasn't been a lot of community investment in them, so I'm not sure if it's going to be worth the effort to write code to convert them or not. However, I may actually end up keeping the same structures and variables.

Xrystal 09-18-09 09:50 AM

I don't have a problem with re-writing as required to make them work within the new version.

Just give me a few days notice so I get a chance to do any necessary changes before people start screaming for them on the day you release 6.0 :D

spiel2001 09-18-09 10:00 AM

It won't have any impact on info panels... it's only the unit frame and HUD panels that will be affected.

Petrah 09-18-09 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 159344)
As far as HUD and Unit Panels go... I'm not sure. There's hasn't been a lot of community investment in them, so I'm not sure if it's going to be worth the effort to write code to convert them or not. However, I may actually end up keeping the same structures and variables.

The only thing I would love to be able to do is use LiteStep for the current Hud and Unit Panel Health/Mana/Rage/RP and Latency/FPS bars. I dunno why, but I absolutely love the look of LiteStep. Personally for me, I'm not interested in changing anything else about them... I love em as they are hehe.

Kodewulf 09-19-09 06:17 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silenia (Post 159348)
The only thing I would love to be able to do is use LiteStep for the current Hud and Unit Panel Health/Mana/Rage/RP and Latency/FPS bars. I dunno why, but I absolutely love the look of LiteStep. Personally for me, I'm not interested in changing anything else about them... I love em as they are hehe.

This is a very, very, very crude implementation. Can't change the latency and fps bars as they seem to be hard-coded. Give the attached addon a shot and let me know how it goes. :D

-- Kodewulf

Petrah 09-20-09 08:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You're Awesome!

Will this have the usual yummy greatness GUI where you can choose colors?

/does the happy dance!

Kodewulf 09-20-09 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silenia (Post 159528)
You're Awesome!

I know... it's a curse... :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silenia (Post 159528)
Will this have the usual yummy greatness GUI where you can choose colors?

Not yet. You can stick other textures in the <WOW-Interface-Addons>/nUI_Layout_Silenia/art folder and then just replace it in the code where you want it to show up. I'm going to add some SharedLib support and a GUI that will show up when you have nUI: Config [GUI] installed. Like I said this is a very early version. Anything else you can think of let me know.

Btw, sorry to be a nag but have you had a chance to look at those userbars yet?

-- Kodewulf

cokedrivers 09-21-09 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodewulf (Post 159529)

Not yet. You can stick other textures in the <WOW-Interface-Addons>/nUI_Layout_Silenia/art folder and then just replace it in the code where you want it to show up. I'm going to add some SharedLib support and a GUI that will show up when you have nUI: Config [GUI] installed. Like I said this is a very early version. Anything else you can think of let me know.

-- Kodewulf

Is there anyway that this can be a underlay or background skin. I installed this and when i used mana or lost health it did not show how much i had left. In other words the bar didnt move. This will be sweet once you get done with it tho.

Thanks Coke

Petrah 09-24-09 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodewulf (Post 159529)

-- Kodewulf

Just curious... since you said it's still in it's infancy, is it supposed to be like the previous poster mentioned where the bars don't move? I can already tell that this plugin is going to be another one of my favorites! :p :D