WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Released AddOns (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Toons-v2 (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15550)

Crippe13 03-28-08 06:40 PM

Toons-v2

Adds a new tab to your Social menu called toons. The new tab shows summary data for all your characters with drop downs to choose server and info page. Summarized info includes : Level, race, class, location, xp, rested xp, played time, professions, secondary skills, gold, guild, and hearthstone bind.

This was originally written by Aquendyn and revamped with more options with his permission.

It should be bug free and working great, with the minor exception that a few people have had the tab sticking out past the side of the social menu.
This should be a final release unless a future patch breaks some code.

Toons-V2

KillerDreaming 04-01-08 10:49 PM

That tab problem is probably a resolution issue, hm?

Crippe13 04-02-08 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerDreaming (Post 87313)
That tab problem is probably a resolution issue, hm?

It could be a resolution issue, another addon adding a tab, or something I just haven't thought of... I admit I'm still stumbling through most lua and xml- and since the tab is in the right spot on my 3 computers its hard for me to try and diagnose.

KillerDreaming 04-02-08 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crippe13 (Post 87443)
It could be a resolution issue, another addon adding a tab, or something I just haven't thought of... I admit I'm still stumbling through most lua and xml- and since the tab is in the right spot on my 3 computers its hard for me to try and diagnose.

Just trying to help. Ease your work a little. :D

Seerah 04-02-08 07:56 PM

Resolution and UI scale wouldn't effect it. Though, with the addition of the Chat tab, users will most often have a problem if they have two mods that want to add tabs to that frame (CTRA + Toons, for example). Also, the tabs will change size depending on which font you have set in your UI. For example, I use a Fonts folder. The other day, I put in a font that was sized smaller than usual - the tabs resized to fit the font.

KillerDreaming 04-02-08 08:38 PM

Why am I always wrong? :(

0Blackmage0 04-02-08 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerDreaming (Post 87480)
Why am I always wrong? :(

Dont worrie, its not your fault.. You were born this way

Haha, just kidding :D:banana:

Seerah 04-02-08 10:37 PM

Hey, you're not the only one that gets corrected at times. :) You're just having a streak of them atm. ;)

Gekkoracing 04-04-08 11:35 PM

not functioning......

heya,

This addon sounds great.....i reloaded my addons only using the updated ones....Toons still does not gather info like its supposed too...........what am, i doing incorrectly??? please help.... :) thx

B

Crippe13 04-10-08 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gekkoracing (Post 87807)
heya,

This addon sounds great.....i reloaded my addons only using the updated ones....Toons still does not gather info like its supposed too...........what am, i doing incorrectly??? please help.... :) thx

B

There are a few possibilities I can think of:

1st- does toons show up in the addons menu on the character selection screen? And is it enabled? If it doesn't it's either in the wrong directory or somethings missing.

2nd- Do you get a message when the character loads saying toons ver ## has loaded?

3rd- If you use an error catcher like swatter (included with auctioneer) does it list some sort of lua error on login?

Toons should grab data as soon as a character has logged on. It obviously can't grab information from characters that haven't been used since you installed it. That doesn't sound like the issue here, but I thought it's worth mentioning.

0Blackmage0 04-21-08 10:00 PM

This is just a repost incase it is more convinient for the author to just check the forum Vs File Comments

Quote:

Could you add the ability for this mod to sync basic info (level, name, Profs, Guild, Rank, Played time, Perhaps Gold Amount? ) with an option of (Guild/Friends/None). Thanks for your consideration

Gekkoracing 04-26-08 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crippe13 (Post 88318)
There are a few possibilities I can think of:

1st- does toons show up in the addons menu on the character selection screen? And is it enabled? If it doesn't it's either in the wrong directory or somethings missing.

2nd- Do you get a message when the character loads saying toons ver ## has loaded?

3rd- If you use an error catcher like swatter (included with auctioneer) does it list some sort of lua error on login?

Toons should grab data as soon as a character has logged on. It obviously can't grab information from characters that haven't been used since you installed it. That doesn't sound like the issue here, but I thought it's worth mentioning.

Hey thanks for the advice!! double checked directory, sokay.....does not load.....turned on swatter......came up with 2 problems in Toons.lua.......299 attempt to index field....'?' <a nil value>.........and 743 same thing.....(sorry can't seem to capture the info :( ...) hope this helps....
B

Crippe13 05-08-08 08:13 PM

0Blackmage0 - Got the comment, like the idea, just may take me some time to learn how to code something like that.

Gekkoracing - There's now a new version out- I hope it'll solve any issues you were having with Toons :)

KillerDreaming - I finally thought of the possible reason I'm not seeing the tab glitch.. All 3 of my systems are widescreen :O Unless I hear a major outcry for a fix though, I think it'll wait until I rewrite with a frame of Toon's own.

Crippe13 05-23-08 05:31 PM

Well, Toons 2L is finally posted!!

I got the honor page and quest pages working well enough there shouldn't be too many issues. I also added a few more error catches to hopefully fix the last of the known bugs.

Unless more bugs crop up, or a patch breaks something I think Toons 2 has gone as far as it can really go in it's current incarnation.

I like Blackmage's idea of sharing data, and there are a few other tweaks I'm thinking of, but I also feel those aren't going to work well with the current way Toons works. They are on the drawing board for Toons 3 which will have its own frame and controls, but don't expect to see it very quickly.

Crippe13 07-30-09 11:24 PM

After losing tons of work on Toons3 due to a lightning strike ( took my main system and the eternal backup HD's :( ), Toons is back with 2.5 and more suggestions are welcome.