WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   icons in mini map flickering (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44931)

Sgttuggle 10-24-12 06:59 PM

icons in mini map flickering

I hope this is the correct place to put this but any icon like quest givers or anything on my mini map keeps flickering is there any way to get rid of this. I am guessing it is carbonite since I just updated it. Rythal if ya see this thanks for everything I actually deleted carbonite and wasn't ever goin to use it again but when i heard ya took it over i was glad and decided to reuse it. Thanks for everything that you have done and will do.

Rythal 10-24-12 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgttuggle (Post 267627)
I hope this is the correct place to put this but any icon like quest givers or anything on my mini map keeps flickering is there any way to get rid of this. I am guessing it is carbonite since I just updated it. Rythal if ya see this thanks for everything I actually deleted carbonite and wasn't ever goin to use it again but when i heard ya took it over i was glad and decided to reuse it. Thanks for everything that you have done and will do.

In minimap options, set glow delay to 0 that will stop the flicker

CrushBug 10-25-12 01:05 AM

I will give that a try, too. Just to call it out, 5.054 did not have this flicker and updating to 5.055 is when this started. I went back to 5.054 again and the flickering stopped.

Rythal 10-25-12 08:19 AM

that's because 5.054 did not have node glow, I had disabled it way back in the 5.04 series because of the missing icons, and because I was tired of people asking how to stop the flickering.

Flickering has always been there if node glow was on for as long as i've used carbonite and I have yet to find a way to stop it.

The way node glow works, every icon on your minimap comes from a single file with each graphic at specific locations like a bingo card, to do the glow effect carbonite was switching between 2 files constantly, one with the node darker, one with it brighter.

Somewhere in the 4.0 cata days (or earlier, I don't remember when) blizzard started clearing the minimap if you switched files without being asked to, and that's what is causing the flicker.. because for a split second the map has nothing on it as it loads the other graphic file.

Sgttuggle 10-25-12 11:38 AM

thanks

thanks again rythal well it is proven ya cant please everyone with everything but ya have pleased us all by keeping carbonite going and if ya ever need anything I am located on Muradin Alliance side

Mechrior 11-01-12 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 267629)
In minimap options, set glow delay to 0 that will stop the flicker

LIFE SAVER!!!!!!!

Draven006 11-01-12 09:55 AM

One other thing about the map flickering is when you have tomtom installed. disable tomtom and try the new update 5.055, other addon that rely on tomtom will still use the Carbonite emulated tomtom.

Vetinari 11-09-12 11:14 PM

I have always experienced the flickering as well until I remember the above mentioned setting. Does this turn the glowing off entirely? I've always kept the Carbonite map separate from my minimap. Does combining them fix the issue as well? Currently, I have BasicMinimap installed as well to clean up the minimap a bit and make it more configurable. Are the addons compatible with each other? The flicker happens whether I have a map addon installed or not, when the above setting is not used. I also have Gatherer installed currently, but I do not keep the map-overlay turned on.

I've used Carbonite for quite a while as the map has been a gamesaver to me. I'm sure I'm not using 10% of what Carbonite can do.

BTW, as this is my first post after registering, let me take this moment to say "Thank you Rythal for your continuing of the development and active support of this addon. It is much appreciated, even if I don't use all of what it is capable of."