WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Map and MiniMap behaving strange (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44500)

Xerromace 09-25-12 04:02 AM

Map and MiniMap behaving strange

3 Attachment(s)
Hi thanks for a great addon :)

After MoP relase I had 2 problems 1. the quest wasn't showing up this i fixed by deleting all carbonite files in the wtf folder, but have a slight problem with the map, I'm only able to to see at a certain zoom lvl where its is very small otherwise is just black both in main map and minimap

Have attaced screen shots to show how it looks.

RebeckaJ 09-26-12 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xerromace (Post 265014)

After MoP relase I had 2 problems 1. the quest wasn't showing up this i fixed by deleting all carbonite files in the wtf folder, but have a slight problem with the map, I'm only able to to see at a certain zoom lvl where its is very small otherwise is just black both in main map and minimap

I have same problem :/ and i have tryed to reset, deleted carbonite in addons and downloaded it again but i show that mt char is out in nowayland.. :mad:

starfloater 09-26-12 09:31 AM

I am also having the same issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RebeckaJ (Post 265108)
I have same problem :/ and i have tryed to reset, deleted carbonite in addons and downloaded it again but i show that mt char is out in nowayland.. :mad:

Before I updated to 5.0 it showed the area fine but now it is blank only showing the tiny houses on the minimap.

atruepoet 09-26-12 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xerromace (Post 265014)

Not sure Xerromance exactly how to fix the quests not showing up. Could you walk me threw on how to do that?

jeffy162 09-26-12 03:48 PM

If you are using Carbonite 5.041, you might want to try modifying it with the files from Here. Download them and virus scan them (if you don't trust it), then just unzip to your "Interface\AddOns" folder as usual and let them overwrite the already installed files.

Yamigata 09-27-12 06:05 PM

I did the above and things have improved, but right now when I'm out questing all I have is a colored circle to indicate the area for the quest. It doesn't show a colored blotch on the map to give me an idea of how much ground the quest covers. Any ideas? I tried searching my settings and this forum but haven't found anything yet.

jeffy162 09-27-12 06:27 PM

Currently that's because Carbonite has no quests in its' data base for Pandaria. Once Rythal figures out how to have Carbonite use Blizzards quest data base (I think that's how he intends to work it) things should get better for questing with Carbonite in Pandaria.

Until then, we just have to wait and do the best we can with what we have.

Yamigata 09-27-12 06:34 PM

What if it's doing this outside of Pandaria, as well?

jeffy162 09-27-12 10:52 PM

Carbonites quest data base is by no means complete. Even before MoP went live (and even before, and after, Cataclysm went live) there were quests missing from Carbonites data base. It is (was?) basically a user-driven data base. See This Thread to see what I mean.

Apparently either not too many of us sent our Carbonite saved variables in, or the devs didn't really have time to work with them.

Rythal 09-28-12 12:24 AM

The colored blotches were created by the carbonite devs as jeffy mentioned, however if you open the real quest log (using alt-L) and track quests (i know, more work :/) and have quest POI tracking enabled in the minimap magnifying glass tracking button you will get those blobs on your minimap while your in the area for questing.

Blizzard added that in 4.3, hopefully in my next version i'll make it so carbonite & blizzard sync track lists so the extra step is removed.