WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Quest auto-accept option, gone? (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34811)

Kathan 09-05-10 12:23 PM

Quest auto-accept option, gone?

Way way back, many a time ago, when I first installed Carbonite, I turned off the quest auto-accept option, and merily away I went accepting quests at my own leasure.

Well, for some god-forsaken reason (probably my own fault for doing End Task on wow.exe in Task Manager for super quick alt relogging :p) Carbonite decided it was going to loose all it's settings.

No big deal, I knew exactly how I wanted it set up, so within a couple of minutes, I had it all back. Then I went to do some dailies and it was auto accepting. Now I can't for the life of me find the auto accept toggle in the options menu. Am I blind, an r-tard, or correct that it somehow is missing?

Jigain 09-05-10 01:17 PM

As far as I know, Carbonite never had an auto-accept feature. It does have an auto-turnin though.

Kathan 09-05-10 02:05 PM

Well, it's auto-accepting quests. I've got auto turn in off.

jeffy162 09-05-10 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathan (Post 205171)
Well, it's auto-accepting quests. I've got auto turn in off.

That's actually default behavior for the World of Warcraft game for several levels for a new character. I think it stops somewhere around level five-ish or so. Anything higher than that, and you better start checking addons for quest auto-accept options. Like Jigain said, Carbonite doesn't auto-accept quests.

This
Quote:

(probably my own fault for doing End Task on wow.exe in Task Manager for super quick alt relogging )
makes no sense. It would take you longer to shut down and restart WoW, log into the game, switch servers (if that was your intention), choose a character, choose your addons for that character, and enter your "realm", than to simply log out and do it from the character selection screen. Besides, if your in a hurry to exit the game completely, just "/quit" and you'll be back on your desktop pretty darned fast. Fast enough that I'm not too sure your game has time to save all the information it should when shut down normally. You can use "/exit" to .... well .... exit .... the game at a normal pace. You can also log out back to the character selection screen by doing "/camp". Although, you may still get the 20 second wait. There's probably a way to force that, but I don't know how.

Jigain 09-06-10 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffy162 (Post 205224)
That's actually default behavior for the World of Warcraft game for several levels for a new character. I think it stops somewhere around level five-ish or so. Anything higher than that, and you better start checking addons for quest auto-accept options.

According to the original post, it was dailies that were automatically accepted (though there's no indication whether or not normal quests are auto-accepted as well), and considering the first daily quests are (as far as I know) available in Outland, I reckon he's higher than level five. ;)

Oh, and just some filler information, the auto-accepted quests are the ones in the immediate starting zone. Nothing more, nothing less. For humans, for example, quests that are inside Northshire will be auto accepted. Furthermore, if a level 50 Human Warrior were to visit Teldrassil, the quests in Shadowglen, the Night Elf starting area, are auto-accepted.

But indeed, just as Jeffy wrote, there's little doubt that you have another addon installed that automatically accepts quests for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffy162 (Post 205224)
This makes no sense. It would take you longer to shut down and restart WoW, log into the game, switch servers (if that was your intention), choose a character, choose your addons for that character, and enter your "realm", than to simply log out and do it from the character selection screen. Besides, if your in a hurry to exit the game completely, just "/quit" and you'll be back on your desktop pretty darned fast. Fast enough that I'm not too sure your game has time to save all the information it should when shut down normally. You can use "/exit" to .... well .... exit .... the game at a normal pace. You can also log out back to the character selection screen by doing "/camp". Although, you may still get the 20 second wait. There's probably a way to force that, but I don't know how.

That's not necessarily the fastest way. Imagine you're not in a town/inn. You can choose between opening your bags and using your hearthstone (5 sec + 10 sec cast), wait for the inn to load (if you're like me, with tons of addon, another 10 sec) and log out. Or you can log out on the spot if you're not concerned about rested, which takes 20 seconds and can't be hastened. Then you're back at the character selection screen, regardless of how you did it.

If, instead, you were to press ALT+F4, or terminate the process, you should probably have been able to start WoW up again within the time frame all the above actions take, and might be on your way to writing your password in.

But if your alt is on another account, like mine, it's a lot faster to ALT+F4, restart the game, log in, choose the other account, and choose the character... than logging out, going back to the login screen, logging in, choosing the other account, and choosing the character.

Furthermore, actually terminating the process for WoW sounds to me like the original poster had more troubles than just wanting to relog quickly.

Long story short, circumstances are everything, and hopefully it'll now make a bit more sense. ;)

Kathan 09-06-10 02:20 AM

Upon further investigation, it's indeed the starter zone quests that are auto accepting. (too many toons to remember what bug happened where :D) The last Alt I leveled, I don't remember WoW doing that, heh.

And it's much much quicker for *me* to end task on wow.exe for a reload ui or log out if I'm in Dalaran or a Raid. For whatever stupid reason (P4 w/ht AGP x8 system 3gbs of DDR RAM probably) WoW decides that if I'm currently around allot of information, I have to wait to get booted to the log-in screen with "Disconnected from Server" even though I chose Log Out, or wait *forever* for a reload ui before I can regain control over WoW. So End Task on the process and starting from scratch is allot quicker, trust me.

Anyway, sorry to report something erroneous, that was completely my naivety. :p

jeffy162 09-10-10 09:16 AM

Well, I only have one account, so I don't have any "alts" on another account, and didn't have any idea why you would want to go back to the desktop to change characters. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I do stand by one thing, though. Typing "/quit" (or "/exit") in chat will get you back to your desktop pretty darned fast. We're talking a couple of seconds at the worst. I didn't know about the "alt+F4" thing, but I'm going to try it out. I'm just barely computer literate enough to be a danger to my computer, so.....
I also play on a laptop without a numpad, so my "F" keys have some odd symbols on them because they do other things. I'm going to try it, though.

Vis 09-10-10 09:46 AM

Fair warning if you Alt-F4 to close WoW.... Any changes you may have made will most likely not be saved. It's my understanding that part of the reason WoW takes a little bit of time to log out or quit is that all of the information from the current play session is getting saved. Whether that's item counts, AH listings, a simple checkbox for an addon option or even moving a frame on the screen. That's the time WoW takes to save all of that info.

Jigain 09-10-10 04:47 PM

Hmm, I can see why ALT+F4 isn't as attractive on a laptop. Myself, I'm a long time computer nerd, so I'm used to ALT+F4 (this shortcut is used to close just about any Windows based application) and it comes naturally.

Vis, while you're definately right about WoW saving settings to both itself and addons upon exit, I also believe it does it at intervals while playing, though I have no idea if it's 30 minutes, one hour, or five for that matter. I had a period a way back with many, many crashes... most of the time, I had to redo addon settings I had changed in the session, but sometimes they had already saved by the time it crashed.