WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   UI I'm working on since coming back to MoP (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45004)

Phanx 11-05-12 01:48 AM

I'd put the target's name and health above the frame, like so:

Code:

90 Someguy          427k
||||||||||||||||||||||||

Byakko 11-07-12 05:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally could use the UI in a party without getting "Too many errors in your UI" message!

So yeah, here's how it's looking. I'm thinking of definitely setting target name to a fixed color (likely white) because a) hostile red is way too hard to see (if I could set outline color to white it might work but Stuf doesn't have that particular option) and b) it's overkill since the target health bar's red pretty much tells me it's a hostile.

Are party windows still too large? They're handy for using Clique, which maybe comes into play if/when I'm Mistweaver or on my heal characters.

Also that lone icon there is actually from my WeakAuras, so don't mind it.

I know some people ask for this to be 'released', but I don't know how compilations work really. Also whether this really warrants a 'release' :S?

Edit: Also might just flat-out move/remove the stance bar. It looks so pretty with that Masque skin, but for a monk, this really is kinda redundant because Monks don't even have the option of other stances according to spec.

Then I might use a Coolline style bar there, or put my WeakAuras bar down there instead.

Edit2: Also considering redoing buffs/debuffs in Raven, following ShinyBuffs style but giving me more flexibility in positioning and filtering.

Phanx 11-08-12 01:06 AM

Personally, I'd say the party frames are still too big, but I just don't like portraits, especially 3D ones. There's also no indication of what class each party member is. Class-coloring the health or power bar is an easy way to add this. You might also make the health bar taller so it stands out more for healers.

Mistweaver monks can still use Tiger stance, and I'd assume Brewmaster monks can too. However, I don't think it's warranted to have a whole bar for just 1 or 2 buttons. I have stances keybound on every character I play that has stances, or you could use OPie for that. If you want to keep the button(s), I'd move them down and to the right so they come after the last button on the lower action bar, with a gap in between.

You should move your action bars down a little bit so that the bottom of the lower bar lines up with the bottom of the lower party frames. Also, scale up the bars a little so that their ends line up with the outside ends of your player/target frames, and move the upper bar up a little so the center lines up with the gap between the upper and lower party frames.

I'd scale up the buffs a little bit so their bottom lines up with the bottom of the player frame, and their top lines up with the top of the target frame. If you don't want to make them bigger, I'd suggest lining up the bottom anyway, since it makes more sense to line them up with (a) the unit they are associated with and (b) the elements that will always be visible.

The border on your XP bar doesn't match.

You might want to trim the tank/healer/dps icons on the party frames so they are square.

Where do you have the extra action button and alternate power bar?

Finally, the Blizzard group manager tab looks really out of place there. Reskin it, or make it show only on mouseover, or just get rid of it.

Byakko 11-10-12 02:43 AM

I used to just use class icons for party windows, but felt that was too...detached? I dunno, felt bad about reducing party members to classes, if that makes sense.

Anyway trying to remake it, but I can't figure out what's a good look.

Also yeah Brewmasters *can* use Tiger Stance, but when I'm on that spec, honestly the bonuses from just staying in Brewmaster stance even for soloing is more worth it, such as access to skills. The only thing I lose is the +20% damage but Keg Smash alone deals obscene amounts of damage for AOEing anyway. And I've macroed basically to always auto-switch back to Brewmaster on all my relevant skills. At this point, if I want to switch stances I'd rather just make a toggling macro since they're just 2 relevant stances (compared to like a Hunter's Aspects or a Druid forms, at least just having so many makes a toggle really impossible).

Yeah the action bars, I shrunk them down a bit, and to make them more symmetrical, might just make them have the full 12 button layout.

ShinyBuffs only moves the default original buff frames, which is why I'm thinking of recreating a similar layout but in Raven so I can move debuffs and buffs independently better.

Can't really do anything with the XP bar. I'm using XPBarNone and it looks it's using the default Blizzard XP border. I don't have the knowledge of LUA to really modify that in anyway.

Extra Action is hooked to the right of the actionbars (which makes it bump into the buff frame, unfortunately). Alternate Power I originally disabled because I had no idea what they were for.

And I want to get rid of that flyout.

Rammoth 11-10-12 05:38 AM

Hopefully this is helpful. I usually only use raid frames for party. I never use party frames, because you don't really need them anyway. You know your friends, and your guild mates, you shouldn't need to know strangers. So their name on the plate, isn't important, their energy source is only important if you're not a healer cause I believe other party members should know the healers mana, to keep from failing a group activity, over and over. Ultimately, if you're not a healer/tank, you more than likely do not need to know anything except energy source, no health. If you are a healer, all you really need to know is health. If you are a tank, all you need to know is Health/Energy. That's just my opinion, and I use it and it helps me maintain a steady healing flow as a healer, and on other characters I do well too, because of what I mentioned there. So you get a more minimal look if you take it into account this way, but at the same time, you have extra customization to do, and some addons don't let you set them up this way, while most do. You could remove the portrait all together, or put it over the health, in a semi-transparent way, or make it smaller on the frame and then re-align them again, so it looks good. And see what you like best from those ideas, as you try them all. That's how I would go about it. I hope that has helped you.