WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   UI Compilation - DfektivUI (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44470)

imDfekt 09-23-12 12:43 AM

UI Compilation - DfektivUI

I showed a couple of my friends my UI, and they instantly fell in love with it; they have since spread it to a couple of other people. I figured if they liked it as much as I do, maybe others will. ...But before I waste my time, just posting a pic here to see some feedback on whether or not other players will want this UI comp.

Rammoth 09-23-12 06:01 AM

Pretty cool. I'd check it out. I'm sure others will be interested in it. Folks here have a variety of opinions on these kinds of things, and so many people like so many different things.

The only thing I don't like about the UI from what I see in the screenshot there, is the minimap. Sexymap just doesn't go with that in my opinion, plus since there is no micromenu, I'd recommend using !Oversimplified addon with your UI, that way users can bind /gm and other parts of the micromenu to whatever they want this way it actually is viable to hide the micromenu. It would help make the UI more widely accepted, not just among regulars, but newer players too.

Inuka 09-23-12 09:57 AM

Not a fan of xperl and the fact that your player/target frames don't line up, as well as the different textures being used everywhere. Make your UI more consistant, and maybe use an addon like Align to help get your frames perfectly positioned.

jeffy162 09-23-12 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rammoth (Post 264842)
plus since there is no micromenu

Ummmmm........ It's in the upper right corner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inuka (Post 264856)
Not a fan of xperl and the fact that your player/target frames don't line up, as well as the different textures being used everywhere.

The player / target frames line up just fine. There is an extra power bar in the player frame since he's in cat form.

The only different textures I can see in the screen shot are on the buff bars. I figure that's the player's choice to have them that way.

The only thing that I would do is make the buff bars shorter (personal choice, that) and I think I'd do something about that minimap. Yeah, it looks neat, but I would have a difficult time with it trying to see things at a glance. Again, my personal choice.

imDfekt, if things look and work good for you, that's all that counts. If you decide to put it up for download, the end user can (and probably will) change whatever they want.

Again, this is just my personal opinion.

Seerah 09-23-12 01:19 PM

Yes, I think it is just because of the extra power bar that they look off. But they are off-center. ;)

jeffy162 09-23-12 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 264871)
Yes, I think it is just because of the extra power bar that they look off. But they are off-center. ;)

Yep, you appear to be correct, Seerah. Copy / pasted the image into Photoshop and they are about 1 - 1 1/2 pixels to the right of center. The action bars look to be dead on center, though.

imDfekt 09-23-12 07:53 PM

Yes, the unitframes were aligned with each other, but off center. i have since fixed that. also, all textures of bars (unitframes, buffs, recount) have been set to the same texture to create fluidity through the UI. my only problem is...what are my map alternatives (that fit within the scheme of this UI)? but thank you guys so much for the feedback.

imDfekt 09-23-12 09:54 PM

this is the updated version: changed UnitFrames to ShadowedUnitFrames, aligned to center. shortened width of buff bars.