WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Gameplay (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Misplaced advice (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27671)

WeeBaby 10-04-09 08:50 PM

Misplaced advice

Why are some people so anxious to tell you what zone, you should be in, how to play your toon, etc? I have a 71 Tauren druid and I am still questing in Outlands as I am working on the quest achievement. I know I could go to Northrend and it seems every time I play I get at least one if not many people telling me to go to Northrend or call me newb cause I am still hanging around Outlands. Getting real tired of explaining the same thing to every stranger that feels he needs to tell me where to quest or how to play.

Seerah 10-04-09 09:27 PM

Set yourself as DND with a message saying "I'm getting the achievement n00b" :)

zero-kill 10-04-09 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 161056)
Set yourself as DND with a message saying "I'm getting the achievement n00b" :)

^^ What I do.

Bluspacecow 10-04-09 11:21 PM

Way I see it , is it's your $15 / month that pays for it.

So if it's fun for you ..... do it!

Meloric 10-04-09 11:35 PM

I get the same thing often. I always run all my characters through every area they are able to go to, starting zones included, so by the time I get to the "common" areas all most all of the quests are either green or grey for their levels. I have one character who is currently level 78 and is still finishing up some of the Outland quests. :p I like to think ahead of all the gold I'm gonna get instead of the xp on max level capped questing in Northrend. :D

I just play away and don't let those people get to me. After all as has been said, I pays my money so I play the way I want to not how someone else thinks I should. :banana:

shkm 10-05-09 03:40 AM

The trouble with this game is that everyone is looking for any opportunity to advertise their excessive knowledge, understanding and time played. I believe that's why.

Republic 10-05-09 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meloric (Post 161064)
I like to think ahead of all the gold I'm gonna get instead of the xp on max level capped questing in Northrend. :D

FYI, that barely makes a difference anymore. It's rare to see 80's "questing for money" anymore. For the most part, they're after achievements. I do every quest in every zone on every toon, so this change in economic impact of max level quests has been hard for me to take. Back during BC, I used to level up through tons of instance runs and leave "the bulk of Outland quests" for when I hit 70 and a killing could be made. There are probably some math nerds around who can tell you exactly about the changes, I just know it's not the same as it once was.

Happy Questing

Republic 10-05-09 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shkm (Post 161081)
The trouble with this game is that everyone is looking for any opportunity to advertise their excessive knowledge, understanding and time played. I believe that's why.

The irony is that these idiots don't realize their "elitism" only shows ignorance. If someone's truly smart about the game, they shouldn't have to ask why an 80 might be questing in Nagrand (I think most horde should want to finish off Nagrand anyway for the lore), but anyway.

I think these kids are related to the ones who inspect people's gear and either 1) insult them or 2) freely offer advice where none is needed. I don't understand any of it. I can't tell you the last time I inspected another player. I don't care what people are wearing or what they own in the real world or the fake world, or where they spend their time and/or money.

WeeBaby 10-05-09 03:07 PM

Thanks to all of you for your replies, Now why the heck are you not on my server dammit..lol.

Petrah 10-05-09 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Republic (Post 161082)
FYI, that barely makes a difference anymore. It's rare to see 80's "questing for money" anymore.

I think it depends on what server you play on, or even what guild you are in. For me it's the opposite. Not a lot are after achievements and a lot are doing the dailies to support their alts until those alts can be self supporting.

zero-kill 10-05-09 07:38 PM

Gilneas is where it's AT!:banana:

break19 08-02-10 06:04 AM

*necro time*

Not long ago, I was in Nagrand, at level 74, working on my explorer acheive when I noticed a quest I hadn't done.. the arena quest.. so I attempted to solo it, and was able to, up to the last fight.. So.. "/1 Is anyone around that wants to do the arena quest? I solo'd everything except last boss.. should be cake"

I get 3 or 4 replies of "Why you still in outlands, noob??"

Of course, being the grumpy SOB I am, I respond "I decided to piss off as many a-holes as I could, now unless you want to help me with this, why dont you go get yourself a nice cup of shut the f up"

.. yea...

VexVishnu 08-10-10 10:08 AM

Too many people feel safe talking trash over the internet. I wish there was an internet enforcer that would brutally kick the crap out of all the lil 13 yr old punks spamming trade chat with stupid crap and trolling everyone.

Vis 08-10-10 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VexVishnu (Post 201941)
Too many people feel safe talking trash over the internet. I wish there was an internet enforcer that would brutally kick the crap out of all the lil 13 yr old punks spamming trade chat with stupid crap and trolling everyone.

You cannot blame just the teens. It's the adults as well. More than likely it's a 50/50 split between the two.