WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   General WoW Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   I hate nameplates. (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39247)

Crissa 03-13-11 02:01 AM

I hate nameplates.

Am I the only one who hates nameplates?

They seem to totally get in the way for me, are non-intuitive to what they're attached to or what data they're displaying, and just make everything 'ugly'. It's like having a bunch of bees all up in my face.

But I've seen them used to great effect.

Am I the only one who hates them, and finds they just get in the way?

-Crissa

SDPhantom 03-13-11 03:45 AM

I don't like using them either, I actually unbound the toggle function in the keybindings because I kept accidentally hitting it, lol

MidgetMage55 03-13-11 04:23 AM

I'm not a huge fan of them but i did find that when I'm tanking it helps quite a bit in conjunction with a good name plate addon. Generally one that colors and/or resizes by threat.

My tank is the only toon i use them on. They drive me nuts otherwise.

Haleth 03-13-11 04:59 AM

I can't play without nameplates. You need to see how much health every mob/player has to get your targeting/CC/threat regen right.

Of course, like with most things, the default look is ugly so you have to change that.

Psychoholic 03-13-11 09:13 AM

I can't play without them...

I always have them enabled, in pvp and pve. And when I'm healing I enable nameplates for both enemies and friends. It clutters the screen a little bit, but I can't play otherwise

Also, i only like the blizzard nameplates. I can't use nameplate-addons. They don't feel right

Aftermathhqt 03-13-11 12:00 PM

I like them but, when i comes to do them its a pain, some things you can't just do ;<

Crissa 03-13-11 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDPhantom (Post 231613)
I don't like using them either, I actually unbound the toggle function in the keybindings because I kept accidentally hitting it, lol

Me too!

I'd love to have all the targets or mobs gathered in a list, but I don't know an addon that does that. I just have to count for tanking... I've never let anything slip, though.

Just, when there's nameplates up, they're all buzzing about and never sit still and often give me information I already have on the sides of my screen (target, group, raid) or information I don't care about (allies' pets, critters, etc).

If the nameplates would stack on the side like the group frame, I'd be all over it. Maybe with little lines leading to their titles...

-Crissa

Petrah 03-13-11 05:17 PM

You should probably try eNameplates. You can blacklist mobs etc that you don't care about.

I use to hate nameplates, until these. It's nice to have nameplates that are actually useful.

Blacksen 03-15-11 07:59 AM

I hated them initially, but they're absolutely essential to hardcore raiding.

You get used to them. Now I love them.