WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Developer Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Infopanel numbering suggestion (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29645)

Brillynt 12-29-09 11:55 AM

Infopanel numbering suggestion

Hey Scott,

Just a idea so let me know what you think.

Instead of having info panels declare the mode number I think it would be safer for us to call a function in nUI to get the next available mode number it would keep us info panel authors from stepping on each other and any new info panels you create. Also in that same vein maybe the function could track info panel mode numbers between sessions and give the same mode number back to the same info panel. It might be useful also to create a ui frame allowing the user to assign the order they want the panels to switch.

Hmm I think I will take a look at the UI display because it would be nice to see what the values are for all the info panels.

Brillynt

Xrystal 12-29-09 12:08 PM

Been there, done that rofl. :D

When I made my first infopanel I came across a problem and it refused to load. Realised it was due to numbering the same as an infopanel I already used.

So I went through all the current infopanels and listed them. Grabbed a number considerably higher than what had been used so far and started from there.

The link is in my signature so you can take a look at what I've done so far :D

That said, yes, it would be a good idea to have a function to do just that as part of the infopanel system.

Carz 12-29-09 03:51 PM

ya and on that note Hey xry change the nUI_INFOMODE_CARBON # to 35 plz I change it last nite due to alot of new plug ins

Xrystal 12-29-09 03:58 PM

Rofl, also, for those info panel creators out there :D Maybe post a reply on there so you can keep your own ones updated :D

But yeah, I'll change that :D

Carz 12-29-09 04:09 PM

thanks ( dam character limit)

spiel2001 12-31-09 12:25 AM

I'm actually going to change how I handle this in nUI6 by building a list and allowing the user to turn the individual plugins on and off via a GUI panel in-game. It will also allow the user to change the rotation order (priority) via the same panel. So the mode number will no longer be used in nUI6.

Brillynt 01-03-10 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 172657)
I'm actually going to change how I handle this in nUI6 by building a list and allowing the user to turn the individual plugins on and off via a GUI panel in-game. It will also allow the user to change the rotation order (priority) via the same panel. So the mode number will no longer be used in nUI6.

That sounds like a better idea Scott.

Thanks,

Brillynt

Xrystal 01-03-10 09:46 AM

Rofl, just let us know a bit before you release it, what changes we need to make at a minimum for our plugins to work with it rofl. If any.

spiel2001 01-03-10 10:42 AM

You won't have to make any changes.

Xrystal 01-03-10 10:55 AM

Rofl, question 2 then :D

You will let us know which code is now redundant due to the changes ? :D I hate having code around that is useless :D

spiel2001 01-03-10 11:47 AM

Yeah, that I will do.