WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Bug Reports (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   [5.03.01+ Release] Possible Raidframe Issue? (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23385)

Screid123 05-08-09 07:03 AM

[5.03.01+ Release] Possible Raidframe Issue?

I've noticed over the past week in my 10- and 25-man raids/BGs (I didn't notice it in AV or Winter's Grasp, but it could be happening there, too) that when players leave the raid for any reason, the unit frames act...weird.

Specifically, I've noticed that when 1-2 people leave, the number of frames reduces but also hide a 3rd or sometimes 4th person. To clarify, last night I was doing 25-man Ulduar. We had a full group, so I had 24 raidframes (plus myself) visible. A couple players had to leave early and drop raid group. Instead of now showing 22 unit frames, it showed 20. This was resolved once I manually scrolled away from and back to the "25-man" setup.

I have not noticed whether or not the group I am in has any effect (if I am in group 1 vs group 4, etc), but will try and keep an eye on it. I suspect it might be something to do with the raid sort feature most recently added, as I can't recall noticing this issue prior to that feature (but then again, it could be 3.1 API changes as well since they coincided, no?).

I currently have the raid sorted by Group and Autogroup is enabled. I will try to test with other settings (Autogroup off, sorted by unit or class, combinations of them all, etc) to see if this changes its behavior.

Anyone else notice this issue?

spiel2001 05-08-09 07:23 AM

I have had a couple other reports of this issue, but haven't had time to work on code in about a week now due to rl issues. I should be able to look into it this weekend though. I do assume it is related to the new raid sort code and unrelated to the 3.1 patch.

todd0168 05-08-09 08:19 AM

Yeah, I have been having the same issue. When people pop in and out of the raid other frames, of people still there, vanish and the only way I have been able to pop them back up is to toggle through the various settings until I am back to where I started and voila there they are again.

spiel2001 05-08-09 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by todd0168 (Post 134407)
Yeah, I have been having the same issue. When people pop in and out of the raid other frames, of people still there, vanish and the only way I have been able to pop them back up is to toggle through the various settings until I am back to where I started and voila there they are again.

Sounds like the update method is missing an event... shouldnt' be too hard to fix.

Tegarbah 05-08-09 09:19 AM

Is it possible to scroll both forwards and backwards through the group types? For example, left click to move forward through the list and right click to move backwards.

spiel2001 05-08-09 09:22 AM

That's actually an option I'm *hoping* to be able to add to all three of the control buttons (unit/info/hud) this weekend.

spiritwulf 05-08-09 05:59 PM

yeah ive been making sure to change the group level and change it back again whenever someone leves raid or it dosnt update properly - frames will be blank etc. Most of the time when i cycle the raid count it will actualy go down to a lower group number and then back up making it a 2 click operation. I imagine that is due to the ui thinking i want a smaller raid count because fewer people are showing then oops look theres more people and cycles back up again.

spiel2001 05-09-09 08:17 AM

The change to be able to right-click to move backwards through the unit panel, info panel and HUD modes has been made and will be in the next patch. I'm still working on the raid sort bug however.

todd0168 05-11-09 01:42 AM

Tegarbah...where did you get that cool nUI supporter tag for your sig? Cuz it looks awesome and I would like to add something like that to mine.

/edit....nm i found it. *sheepish grin*