WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dev Tools (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   WoW UI control (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16900)

Dolby 06-26-08 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaomie (Post 94443)
As far as I (thought I) knew EXEs were not currently allowed at all on WoWInt. This was decided after 2 files got corrupted and infected on your files server couple of months ago. Now if this changed I must have missed the announce :(

They are only allowed in our dev tools category. They still aren't allowed in addons/interfaces. There has been no change in policy since then.

Kaomie 06-26-08 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolby (Post 94455)
They are only allowed in our dev tools category. They still aren't allowed in addons/interfaces. There has been no change in policy since then.

Okay got it.

Bomyne 06-27-08 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudeinthedark (Post 94446)
1. Do you have the Microsoft .NET framework 3.5 installed. (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en)

Yes. PxP had to install .Net 3.5 so I have it installed.
Quote:

2. Did you try running it directly from the internet? (download it first THEN run it)
No. I downloaded it, extracted it to my external hard drive and ran it.
Quote:

3. If not:
- What Operating system? (XP, 2000, Vista?)
- Did it load before crashing?
- Any error messages?
- Did you give it appropriate permissions? (It might crash if it detects it doesnt have the ability to move files)
Microsoft Windows Vista.
It loaded and I attempted to back up my UI, it then immediately froze and remained unresponsive for long enough that I forced crashed it.

And I have all permission systems turned off, and WoW is installed to the external harddrive and not C:\Program Files.

dudeinthedark 06-27-08 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomyne (Post 94509)
It loaded and I attempted to back up my UI, it then immediately froze and remained unresponsive for long enough that I forced crashed it.

And I have all permission systems turned off, and WoW is installed to the external harddrive and not C:\Program Files.

See if theres a folder C:\DiscordTempDir (switch the drive to whichever has the exe running on it). If there is see if there are any folders/files in that folder. It should crash before it loads if it doesnt have permissions so I dont think that's it. Sometimes the operation can take a minute or 2... did the progress bar move at all when it was frozen?

Basicly it does this:
Copy Interface,WTF, and Fonts folders to Drive:\DiscordTempDir
Renames the folders in WTF.
Zips the files
Deletes Drive:\DiscordTempDir

Bomyne 06-27-08 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudeinthedark (Post 94520)
See if theres a folder C:\DiscordTempDir (switch the drive to whichever has the exe running on it). If there is see if there are any folders/files in that folder. It should crash before it loads if it doesnt have permissions so I dont think that's it. Sometimes the operation can take a minute or 2... did the progress bar move at all when it was frozen?

Basicly it does this:
Copy Interface,WTF, and Fonts folders to Drive:\DiscordTempDir
Renames the folders in WTF.
Zips the files
Deletes Drive:\DiscordTempDir

There is a C:\DiscordTempDir and no the progress bar didn't move at all, and the window turned white as Windows does when a program stops working.

dudeinthedark 07-01-08 09:43 AM

I'm trying to recreate the issue on my vista laptop (unsuccessfully so far). I'll see if I can get it fixed this weekend but I still can't figure out what could be causing it.

(just posted this to let you know I didnt just give up on solving this)

dudeinthedark 07-03-08 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomyne (Post 94525)
There is a C:\DiscordTempDir and no the progress bar didn't move at all, and the window turned white as Windows does when a program stops working.

Which version of vista are you running? A co-worker told me that 2 versions of vista have some issues simaler to this (enterprise and some other version)