WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Bug Reports (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   5.07.00 Public Beta : Warlock Pet Bar (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35091)

Xrystal 09-21-10 04:03 PM

5.07.00 Public Beta : Shapeshift and Pet Bar Changes

5 Attachment(s)
Well it looks like they have separated the Shapeshift Bar and the Pet Bar. Tested already with warlock and just now with Hunter.

Code:

ShapeshiftBarFrame
|__ ShapeshiftButton1
|__ ShapeshiftButton2
|__ etc

Shapeshift Bar for Warlocks contain the demon form button.
Shapeshift Bar for Hunters contain the Aspect buttons

PetActionBarFrame
|__ PetActionButton1
|__ PetActionButton2
|__ etc

The PetActionBar seems to be the same for both warlock and hunter pets and the buttons are interchangeable just like a regular action bar allowing you to customize the abilities you wish to have access to and possibly the ability to put macros on there as well.

spiel2001 09-21-10 04:35 PM

Hmmm... nUI has always kept the shapeshift bar and pet bar separate, but appears to be ignoring the pet bar entirely here. I'll have to look and see what's going on there.

Xrystal 09-21-10 04:37 PM

Just adjusted the original post Scott seeing as I just jumped on a hunter toon showing the new shapeshift bar there too.

spiel2001 09-21-10 04:57 PM

Yup... looks like I'm going to have to rework the pet bar entirely.

Brillynt 09-21-10 09:04 PM

Scott,

Here is what I did to the nUI_PetBar.lua for cataclysm to make the pet bar show. Only problem is if you are in combat and dismount your pet bar will not show up till combat is done.

Code:

if update_state then
        for i=1, #frame.Buttons do
                frame.updateState( i );
        end

if not InCombatLockdown() then                                        -- Cataclysm
                if ( PetHasActionBar() and UnitIsVisible("pet") ) then        -- Cataclysm
                        if not frame:IsShown()                                -- Cataclysm
                                frame:Show();                                -- Cataclysm
                        end                                                -- Cataclysm
                else                                                        -- Cataclysm
                        if frame:IsShown() then                                -- Cataclysm
                                frame:Hide();                                -- Cataclysm
                        end                                                -- Cataclysm
                end                                                        -- Cataclysm
        end                                                                -- Cataclysm
end

Had to do the combat check because the pet bar frame is protected now and was getting errors.

If you want the complete file with all my changes let me know and I will send it to you.

Brillynt

spiel2001 09-22-10 04:27 AM

Cool... thanks Brillynt.

We can probably work around the taint problem by using the visibility engine in the setup of the frame instead of the Show() / Hide() methods in the update...

Code:

RegisterStateDriver( frame, "visibility", "[target=vehicle, exists] hide; [target=pet, exists] show; hide" );

Code:

if update_state then
        frame.updateState( i );
    end

end

Brillynt 09-22-10 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 206920)
Cool... thanks Brillynt.

We can probably work around the taint problem by using the visibility engine in the setup of the frame instead of the Show() / Hide() methods in the update...

Code:

RegisterStateDriver( frame, "visibility", "[target=vehicle, exists] hide; [target=pet, exists] show; hide" );

Code:

if update_state then
        frame.updateState( i );
    end

end

Learn something new everyday, guess I am good for today then. :D

Xrystal 09-24-10 09:24 AM

Hmm, Scott, it may be just me and the desire to be able to tweak things, but I noticed that instead of keeping the shapeshift and pet bars separate you merged them into a special bar.

This would mess up any idea of changing the layout of say the pet bar and leaving the shapeshift alone or the opposite. Also, it would also allow people to say have the shapeshift bar on the left side and the pet bar on the right. Especially with the new ability to add buttons to the pet bar now as you see fit.

spiel2001 09-24-10 10:39 AM

Yeah... that's going to change in nUI6. Annoys me, too. ~smile~

Makes my CDO itch.

:D