WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Search/Requests (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Spec synchronization (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45117)

Mars85 11-11-12 03:23 AM

Spec synchronization

Hello,

I'm searching an addon which helps me keeping the actionbars synced for dualspec. I know there are button saving/loading addons, but I don't want some "magic" where I can't know what is changed by the addon (such function in the same addon would be great, but I mainly need the check).

I basicly need two functions (two addons would also be okay):
- Checking if all spells/abilities are placed somewhere on the actionbars, telling me which aren't (used several keywords and didn't find any addon for that :o)
- Telling me which actionbar buttons aren't in sync between the specs (like "bar 1 button 1: Roll vs. Empty")

Regards,
Mars

Phanx 11-11-12 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mars85 (Post 268682)
Checking if all spells/abilities are placed somewhere on the actionbars, telling me which aren't (used several keywords and didn't find any addon for that :o)

LearningAid will do that, among other things. I may have seen a standalone addon that only did that at some point, but I have no idea what it was called.

Mars85 11-14-12 12:59 AM

Hello, thanks I will take a look at it.

Maybe someone remembers the other addon? Because even the development page of Learning Aid tells thhat's not 5.x compatible.

Dridzt 11-14-12 12:47 PM

I remember it but it's not been updated for 5.x either :o

SpellLight (optionally with SilentRespec to suppress the respec spam)

jeffy162 11-14-12 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mars85 (Post 268849)
Hello, thanks I will take a look at it.

Maybe someone remembers the other addon? Because even the development page of Learning Aid tells thhat's not 5.x compatible.

If you open the "Files" tab on the Learning Aid Curse Forge page, you will find that the "r13" version is MoP compatible. I know it's dated august 29, 2012, but since 5.0.4 went live on the 28th (and it works well with the MoP expac) and that MoP was in Beta for a few months before that, I think it's safe to use. I know that it has not given me any problems, at least.

Phanx 11-14-12 05:36 PM

Learning Aid works fine in MoP. Just check the "Load out of date addons" box on the addons screen.

Mars85 11-15-12 01:06 AM

Okay thanks, I was distracted by the bold text which tells that it's not compatible and that there was only .pkg listed as updated in r13 :) So I'll try.

I think the requirement that actionbars shouldn't be synced without giving me information before doing that is too specific, so I'll write something for that.

Phanx 11-15-12 02:03 AM

Yes, r13 is the latest version; as the per the changelog that version was specifically updated for patch 5.0.4.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mars85 (Post 268901)
I think the requirement that actionbars shouldn't be synced without giving me information before doing that is too specific, so I'll write something for that.

What?

slackerzz 11-15-12 04:09 AM

i use ActionSwap 2

Mars85 11-15-12 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 268902)
What?

I need something which compares the actionbars of the two specs (switching inbetween is okay) and tells me the differences. I know there are actionbar-sync-addons (and saving/loading) but they just replace buttons without telling me which actionbar slots aren't fitting.

Phanx 11-15-12 08:55 PM

Why do you care which buttons are out of sync, if you just want to get them in sync?

Mars85 11-16-12 12:58 AM

I don't want them to just get synced... I want them to get synced after I ensured that this won't change spec specific stuff, most likely I have to make a conditional macro ;) This could happen several times while leveling.

Phanx 11-16-12 02:50 AM

Well, you could just write the spec conditions into your macro:

Code:

/cast [spec:2, mod:shift] Wild Charge; [spec:2, stealth] Pounce; [spec:2] Mangle; [mod:shift] Moonfire; Wrath

Mars85 11-16-12 11:12 AM

Yeah that is what I want to do... but I don't want to go through all actionbars and diff them manually :)