WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Released AddOns (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Multishot (Screenshot) (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24290)

dlui 07-19-10 05:41 PM

dear Nitearrow01,

as far as i know there is no clean way for an addon to hide the ui while in combat.

sorry.

Dridzt 07-19-10 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlui (Post 198858)
dear Nitearrow01,

as far as i know there is no clean way for an addon to hide the ui while in combat.

sorry.

Try this dlui.
Code:

if MultishotConfig.hideui then
  local oldalpha = UIParent:GetAlpha()
  UIParent:SetAlpha(0)
  Screenshot()
  UIParent:SetAlpha(oldalpha)
else
  Screenshot()
end

dlui 07-20-10 06:41 PM

Wow! Thats cool! I'll try to implement it.

Thanks! You are great.

Dridzt 07-21-10 06:47 AM

Tested changes:

dlui 07-21-10 03:58 PM

Dridzt, you seriously are a real mastermind!

I've uploaded your changes.

Fantastic!

Thanks again! You are great!

:banana:

Dridzt 07-21-10 04:54 PM

Don't be too fast to thank me :p

Running with it there are some "side-effects" :o

The way the setting works now is like a global switch, but some screenshots are not served well from hiding the UI.
For example trade/achievement shots as the achievement/trade frame is also hidden.

I guess it should be made a little "smarter" so it only hides the UI for killshots.

Since you're passing the originating event to the screenshot function a way to make it more intuitive
would probably be to check that it's coming from PLAYER_REGEN_ENABLED and not another event.
eg.
Code:

if MultishotConfig.uihide and (string.find(strDebug, "PLAYER_REGEN_ENABLED") or string.find(strDebug, "UNIT_DIED") or string.find(strDebug, "PARTY_KILL")) then
It's good as proof of concept anyway, since it does simulate Alt+z
without running against protected status or causing taint.

EricT 07-21-10 08:14 PM

Loving the mod. Just a question and a request:

1)Which JPEG quality setting matches the default screenshot one?

2)Would it be possible to add an option to take a screenshot after a certain time delay from boss fight start? I'm just trying to get some nice action shots of my UI and killshots don't really work well for that. Of course remembering to take a screenshot manually during fight is also beyond my capabilities.

dlui 07-22-10 12:02 PM

Dear Dridzt, yes, I thought about that after uploading, too. I will upload the line you proposed. Nice idea, thank you. What only would I do without your help!

And EricT, GetCVar("screenshotQuality") is 3 for me so that should be the default quality?

Yes, infight screenshots would be possible. Idea: taking a screenshot of every 20% boss hp loss? How would you like that?

Jarroll 10-29-10 06:38 PM

Is there any chance you could add a random timer screenshot? Something to take a screenshot every 30 minutes or so?

The addon called AutoScreenShot (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...creenshot.html) use to do it. There is a minor issue with the use of code that isn't used anymore (this.something). Sadly I don't know enough about xml to make the needed changes.

I love Multishot and use it. I also loved the above mod as well but am unable to fix it. It seems like it would be a good fit as an option in Multishot though and could be simple to add given the previous work that has been done already.

Zidomo 10-29-10 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarroll (Post 215114)
Is there any chance you could add a random timer screenshot? Something to take a screenshot every 30 minutes or so?

ScrapBook will do what you want. The only reason I linked that: please don't add that feature to MultiShot.

Jarroll 10-29-10 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zidomo (Post 215140)
ScrapBook will do what you want. The only reason I linked that: please don't add that feature to MultiShot.

Thanks for the link to that. It looks like it will do exactly what I am looking for assuming I can hide the watermaro. I had been searching for mode using the word screenshot and screenshot and kept coming up with nothing relevant.

Out of curiosity, why wouldn't you want this as an option in multoshot?

Kittenykat 12-11-10 08:44 AM

Trade Bug

I ran across a nasty bug that's made me disable multishot until we can resolve it. D:

For some reason every time I try to trade with someone, after a moment multishot closes the window and takes a screencap. The same thing happens if I manage to keep it open long enough to press the 'trade' button on the bottom, it immediately closes the trade without swapping anything so it can take a picture. D:

What's going on? T_T

dlui 12-11-10 08:53 AM

Thanks for the report Kittenykat. This has been fixed.

Kittenykat 12-11-10 11:16 AM

oy.. yeah I figured it out, hopefully you did too ¬_¬;;

So yeah, if you go and leave the 'take pictures of trade windows' on like it is by default, when you click 'close ui windows' at the bottom it kinda creates this conflict. xD

I feel silly now. :o

dlui 12-11-10 11:34 AM

Yes, exactly, but don't worry, it's fixed now no matter what options have bin enabled/disabled. Thanks for the report! ;)

dlui 12-25-12 07:00 PM

Big thanks to Dridzt for keeping the addon updated!

:banana:

Jiggles1875 06-03-15 09:46 PM

Add an option to screenshot Battleground / Arena losses as well.

Who's to say losing a AB by 1 point doing 20m damage and 30kb's isn't screenshot worthy? :D

Namdrof 08-31-19 09:59 AM

WoW Classic

Anyone figured out how to make this work in WoW Classic yet?