WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Plugin Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   nUI_InvisiSkin Not functioning properly (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36901)

Toritha 11-20-10 06:59 PM

nUI_InvisiSkin Not functioning properly

My invisiskin is only making part of the default nUI invisible/clear.

Is there a fix out there or something i can do to fix it?

Really enjoy not having black bars blocking out a 5th of my screen.

:rolleyes:

spiel2001 11-20-10 08:58 PM

The black bar at the bottom of the UI is normal because nuI uses a viewport. There's a FAQ on the subject of using transparent dashboards with nUI. nUI6 addresses this by allowing the user to modify the viewport.

Toritha 11-21-10 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 218817)
The black bar at the bottom of the UI is normal because nuI uses a viewport. There's a FAQ on the subject of using transparent dashboards with nUI. nUI6 addresses this by allowing the user to modify the viewport.

it's not a bar it's like the invisiskin is only making half the nUI interface invisible.

please excuse the width lol i have 2 monitors and don't know how to screen shot just one side.

spiel2001 11-21-10 12:27 PM

Did you read the FAQ as I suggested?

"Can I make nUI'sdashboard transparent?"

Quote:

Is there was away to get a clear or smoke colored background, something you can see through?
This is a subject that comes up fairly repeatedly... in a nutshell, no, you cannot use a transparent dashboard.

Because nUI uses vertical space in the dashboard, it resizes and moves your world frame up by 1/2 the height of the dashboard (which actually is very nearly the entire height of the non-transparent parts of the default dashboard) which leaves a large empty black area behind the dashboard that you cannot presently see. If the dashboard were transparent, it would show like a sore thumb.

In addition, if you really look at it, there's very little area there that the dashboards is not using. It has been my experience that when you remove the solid dashboard, the visual impact feels even more cluttered and claustrophobic.

Trust me, you *think* you want a transparent dashboard there, but if you had it, you wouldn't be happy with it.

Toritha 11-21-10 12:44 PM

ok i had clear.... before the newest nUI patch, the plug in/ addon what ever you want to call it worked. a clear background. I updated to the 5.0blablabal patch and now it doesn't work.

And i do want it it clear i can't stand not being able to see the bottom portion of the screen due to huge black boxes.

if the newest patch is not going to allow A. Schwarz / Wavebow / Alleria's nUI_InvisiSkin located at http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=9108 i'm going to be upset. lol

Dramber 11-21-10 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 218920)
Did you read the FAQ as I suggested?

"Can I make nUI'sdashboard transparent?"

This is a subject that comes up fairly repeatedly... in a nutshell, no, you cannot use a transparent dashboard.

Because nUI uses vertical space in the dashboard, it resizes and moves your world frame up by 1/2 the height of the dashboard (which actually is very nearly the entire height of the non-transparent parts of the default dashboard) which leaves a large empty black area behind the dashboard that you cannot presently see. If the dashboard were transparent, it would show like a sore thumb.

In addition, if you really look at it, there's very little area there that the dashboards is not using. It has been my experience that when you remove the solid dashboard, the visual impact feels even more cluttered and claustrophobic.

Trust me, you *think* you want a transparent dashboard there, but if you had it, you wouldn't be happy with it.

This.
Read it.
That is all. :)

Seer 11-21-10 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toritha (Post 218925)
ok i had clear.... before the newest nUI patch, the plug in/ addon what ever you want to call it worked. a clear background. I updated to the 5.0blablabal patch and now it doesn't work.

And i do want it it clear i can't stand not being able to see the bottom portion of the screen due to huge black boxes.

if the newest patch is not going to allow A. Schwarz / Wavebow / Alleria's nUI_InvisiSkin located at http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=9108 i'm going to be upset. lol

The previous nUI didn't change the viewport because of a blizzard bug in 4.0.1. That was, or is suppose to be, fixed in 4.0.3.

As stated in the FAQ, the botton part is empy, the viewport is moved up a bit. When you make the dashboard clear you see that.

With that said. Perhaps you should read "IF YOU SEE A LARGE BLACK BAR AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN YOU WILL NEED TO EDIT THE nUI.lua FILE....READ ON" part of nUI InvisiSkin...

spiel2001 11-21-10 05:03 PM

The important thing people miss is that you are *NOT* losing any of the screen with that viewport... in fact, you see *MORE* screen because of it... you get more screen on the left and the right. It's just that people do not understand how the viewport works and they think that black "bar" is hiding something... it is not.

voodoodad 11-21-10 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 218962)
The important thing people miss is that you are *NOT* losing any of the screen with that viewport... in fact, you see *MORE* screen because of it... you get more screen on the left and the right. It's just that people do not understand how the viewport works and they think that black "bar" is hiding something... it is not.

Yeah. And Oswald acted alone... :D

spiel2001 11-22-10 07:36 AM

Damn conspiracy theorists!

:D

patrick51 12-18-10 08:23 PM

oswald

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 219049)
Damn conspiracy theorists!

:D

I admit it i traveled back in time in a delorean and was the shooter on the grassy knowle. :)

spiel2001 12-18-10 10:22 PM

Liar!

There was no shooter on the grassy knoll!

It was space aliens!

voodoodad 12-18-10 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 223596)
Liar!

There was no shooter on the grassy knoll!

It was space aliens!

Space aliens... ON THE GRASSY KNOLL!!!

Chmee 12-19-10 10:34 AM

Bluto did it!

whereswaldo 12-20-10 07:09 PM

Actually, I think it was Professor Plum in the kitchen with the lead pipe. :eek::banana:

Dramber 12-20-10 07:52 PM

The knoll is a lie!