WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Technical Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   /nui movers problem (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24755)

Imakefood 06-14-09 01:45 PM

/nui movers problem

My 'in-game tooltips' box in /nui movers keeps resizing itself,and slightly moving it's position based on it's new size :confused:

Xrystal 06-14-09 01:55 PM

I've noticed it is based on the top left corner of the tooltip and it will be sized the way the tooltip that was active when you typed /nui movers. Well, thats what it seemed to me at any rate :D

Imakefood 06-14-09 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xrystal (Post 143046)
I've noticed it is based on the top left corner of the tooltip and it will be sized the way the tooltip that was active when you typed /nui movers. Well, thats what it seemed to me at any rate :D

Yeah i was lookin for some kinda of pattern like that,but for me it seemed like it was more the bottom right -_- go figure

spiel2001 06-14-09 02:35 PM

Which corner it attaches to depends on where on the screen you place it. If you go with the right side of the display, tooltips will anchor on the right and visa versa... it's how Bliz does it.

As for the size of the mover, it's tied to the size of the tooltip, not the other way around, so the size will vary based on when you look at it.

Petrah 06-14-09 02:41 PM

I'm not sure if I can explain this correctly; is there any way to have the information in the tooltip grow downwards instead of upwards, or have an option for both?

spiel2001 06-14-09 03:21 PM

o.O

Umm... I'm afraid I have no idea what you're talking about on that one. ~lol~

havoxx 06-14-09 03:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 143055)
o.O

I think she means this...

spiel2001 06-14-09 03:53 PM

~lmao~

Thanks for clearing that up

Imakefood 06-14-09 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 143050)
Which corner it attaches to depends on where on the screen you place it. If you go with the right side of the display, tooltips will anchor on the right and visa versa... it's how Bliz does it.

As for the size of the mover, it's tied to the size of the tooltip, not the other way around, so the size will vary based on when you look at it.

Ah. I gets it now,hurray!

Petrah 06-14-09 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 143055)
o.O

Lemme try and explain if I can; when you place the tooltip on the top left of the screen, I like to have the top of the tooltip edge on the bottom edge of Fubar (or rather the bottom edge of the nUI top graphic). However, those edges do not stay "butted" together edge to edge due to the fact that every tooltip has a dif number of lines for text. See where I'm going with this? The tooltip information grows upwards.. meaning the bottom of the tooltip edge is stationary whereas the top edge of the tooltip is not because it grows upwards the more info it has.

I hope that made sense lol. At any rate, I would like the top edge of the tooltip to be the part that's stationary (tooltip grows downwards) and remains on the bottom edge of Fubar.

Edit: Havoxx... not quite what I had in mind lol. I don't want the way the information is displayed to change. I just want the top edge of the tooltip not to move.

spiel2001 06-14-09 06:04 PM

Unfortunately, with the way that Bliz manages tooltips, that's easier said than done. I do want to improve nUI's tooltip management and leave Bliz's mess in the dust, but it's not real high on the priority list atm. I might be able to fix it then, but until then it kinda is what it is because that's how Bliz wants to do it for some reason.