WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Search/Requests (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Alternate for Routes (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50097)

Ashkir 10-15-14 08:58 PM

Alternate for Routes

Routes hasn't been updated since patch 5.2. Does anyone have an alternate to this addon? It no longer works in 6.0.2; I don't need Routes exactly. But, really anything I can make a route to show on my mini map so I can make my farming circlets easy to follow.

tiwuno 10-15-14 10:15 PM

I, too, would love an update or alternative to Routes. No single addon makes farming so easy, with such a wide array of customization.

Talyrius 10-16-14 02:36 AM

It has been updated as recently as two hours ago on WowAce.

Ashkir 10-16-14 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talyrius (Post 297992)
It has been updated as recently as two hours ago on WowAce.

That is glorious! Thank you! Testing it out now.

jmeyer1980 10-16-14 07:20 PM

The problem is the update isnt working correctly...

Old routes don't show up, node types are non-existant, and creating a blank route to manually edit it doesn't work either as the route disappears as soon as you save it.

A ticket has been put in by someone else and I have upvoted it... but look at the ticket history and you will see that the author doesn't take them seriously... I really want replacement addon that does the same thing and written by a dedicated author.

Edit: This could actually be due to gathermate2_data not being up to date... I am trying an alpha release right now and will update.
Re-edit: Nope... no change. Still cannot select node types to add to route.

khurzog 10-16-14 11:44 PM

the fact that it is being worked on today probably means it will be functional shortly, or i would hope so anyways.

Ashkir 10-17-14 12:46 AM

Mini map is functional in the latest update :D

jmeyer1980 12-23-14 09:14 AM

Still not 100% or even 75%

The title sounds more harsh than I mean it to be, however, the tickets on wowace.com are still not being looked at. Xinhuan confirmed with me via email today that he hasn't played in four years and is no longer supporting the addon, but Kagaro is when he isn't busy.

All of the tickets are being assigned to Xinhuan... so that could be the reason they aren't getting noticed.

The largest problem that I am personally having... is that the minimap scale for the routes is completely messed up in warlords content. The routes scale down to fit inside the minimap, so that it becomes impossible to follow. Previous xpac scaling works perfectly... but I can't make routes in outland Nagrand or Shadow Moon Valley.

I would LOVE it if someone dedicated took this over. My ticket has been in the system since Dec 8, 2014 and Kagaro hasn't logged on since the 6th.

Phanx 12-23-14 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmeyer1980 (Post 303034)
All of the tickets are being assigned to Xinhuan... so that could be the reason they aren't getting noticed.

Tickets on WowAce are automatically assigned to whoever is listed as the project manager. It's more likely that whoever is working on the addon (which at the moment appears to be Nevcairiel) is simply not looking at the tickets. You may have better luck posting on the WowAce forums.