WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Technical Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Raid Frame Issue (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21470)

Brawlerz 03-26-09 09:57 PM

Raid Frame Issue

1st off let me say that i love your UI. The only thing that i have noticed is that when i play my healer, i have trouble clicking on certain players in the raid frames. The problem is that when u mouse over a player a tooltiip pops up telling you there name class etc..., it covers other players frames and i cant see. So planning out my next heal is alot harder. Is there a way to turn this off? I did the /nui Movers and set the tooltip bar away, but that is a seperate thing. Any help would be wonderful. I know that there are other mods like healbot and such i could probably use to get around this, but i do not use them. I click my target and use hotkeys.

Thanks

spiel2001 03-27-09 04:32 AM

It is actually planned... as it is now, tooltips on the action bars are disabled while you are in combat, I do intend to add the unit frames to that, I just haven't gotten to it yet.

In the meantime, one solution would be to use the '/nui tooltips fixed' option which will force all tooltips to the anchor location rather than the default "owner" position... this will cause them to not overlay your unit frames while you're healing until I can eliminate them entirely

spiritwulf 03-27-09 01:36 PM

something else ive noticed scott is that there is some dead space or bad mapping for lack of a better term where clicking on the unit frame for the party member directly to the left of your character frame reads as clicking your character frame instead of theirs. Ive noticed this problem while using Clique. You have to pretty much make sure you are clicking in the left half of that frame or you will be casting on yourself instead.
Im going to try and test this out thouroghly when i get a chance and get back to you on what i find. I wanna try it in all party/raid formats and see if it has something to do with the way the frames are shaped between the different groups. It almost apears like party mode is partialy using raid mode mapping for that section of the frames.

Moonpool 03-28-09 06:15 AM

I have definitely encountered this too, if i'm not clicking pretty much dead center of the frame sometimes i get the guy above or the guy below. I click unit frame and hotkey the heal like the first poster just for reference (not clique).

spiel2001 03-28-09 08:30 AM

If you can... let me know which unit frames in which unit panels and anything else you can come across that triggers it and I'll look into it.

Any chance it's the Blizzard voice chat frame hiding there?

You might try pressing the voice chat button so the frame reveals itself and make sure it's not the thing that's interfering. (I really do need to add that to the managed frames list -- as well as hiding the default party background frame.

spiritwulf 03-28-09 12:13 PM

Its not truly dead space Scott, at least not for me, as it will cast the spell on a party/raid member adjacent to that frame. Im going to spnd some time in the bg's today and see if i cant clarify the boundries.