WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Carbonite doesnt work at all (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44505)

sataan1337 09-25-12 05:52 AM

Carbonite doesnt work at all

Hi,

i have read from a few people here that they have minor problems with carbonite since mop, and how they fixed them - but for me carbonite is not working at all

i downloaded / installed version 5.041, deleted all other addons, deleted the ./cache and ./wtf folder, but its still not loading correctly

the only thing i have is the carbonite-button besides the minimap, but the only working function of that button is opening the options menu, all other functions cause nothing

is there anything i possibly did wrong? i hope someone of you can help me ;)

athina_livadi 09-25-12 05:55 AM

My friend has the same issue as well. She has been struggling to fix it but no luck. The addon needs to be updated FFS!!!

goonakikas 09-25-12 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by athina_livadi (Post 265022)
My friend has the same issue as well. She has been struggling to fix it but no luck. The addon needs to be updated FFS!!!

OMG the game has been out six hours, and they haven't released a new version yet. Uninstall and never use the addon again. /insert sarcasm.

sataan1337 09-25-12 06:13 AM

i was just wondering cause it seems there are many people that managed to get it to work

btw the update came out about 2 weeks ago ;) - they only unlocked the new content this night, afaik there was no patch

Knaur 09-25-12 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sataan1337 (Post 265026)
i was just wondering cause it seems there are many people that managed to get it to work

btw the update came out about 2 weeks ago ;) - they only unlocked the new content this night, afaik there was no patch

thats because they are using Rythals Fanupdate from rythal.com. i doubt we ever see a real update from the authors anymore, since the author has quitted playing wow. but with rythals update, the mop maps is included. but hes update is only some lua files, you have to install the official addon first, then overwrite the luas in carbonite dir.

Paeura 09-25-12 07:05 AM

yeah, they take a while to put out an update for Carbonite, they always have, just be patient and suffer with the ingame one for now. It's not like you will die................ or wiiiiiillllll you??? :rolleyes:

:banana:

Knaur 09-25-12 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paeura (Post 265034)
yeah, they take a while to put out an update for Carbonite, they always have, just be patient and suffer with the ingame one for now. It's not like you will die................ or wiiiiiillllll you??? :rolleyes:

:banana:

My tombstone is already ready for use

messarxx 09-25-12 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knaur (Post 265027)
thats because they are using Rythals Fanupdate from rythal.com. i doubt we ever see a real update from the authors anymore, since the author has quitted playing wow. but with rythals update, the mop maps is included. but hes update is only some lua files, you have to install the official addon first, then overwrite the luas in carbonite dir.

The author still plays and has said he is doing it by himself so its been taking longer.

schwim 09-25-12 09:18 AM

From the developer: Between wives/kids/family/jobs/church there is little time and desire left to pay attention to or keep this old horse going.

Step 1) Ignore everyone telling you to be patient.

Step 2) Install Rythal's Fan Update.

Step 3) Enjoy Carbonite in Pandaria.

sataan1337 09-25-12 10:08 AM

Thank you guys! the tip with Rythal's Fan Update was exactly what i was looking for ;)

questing is no fun without carbonite ;)

Kalilith 09-25-12 10:10 AM

where to find it

where do we find Rythal's Fan update?

Thanks Kali

JimJoBlue 09-25-12 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalilith (Post 265052)
where do we find Rythal's Fan update?

Thanks Kali

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knaur (Post 265027)

Not hard to find really if you actually read the thread you have posted in..