WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Class Discussions (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Hunter help with Prowl (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20674)

Bogg 02-23-09 09:50 PM

Hunter help with Prowl

I really hate haveing Prowl start up everytime I log in. It also has a mind of its on and will start back at random after I have reset it. Can someone find a way to de-activate Prowl? Or give us the option to turn it off? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Bogg
80 Hunter

Miralen 02-24-09 01:10 AM

It's pretty simple WoW comes with a built-in system for this. When you are on you can right click the prowl button and prowl will only activate only when you left click the button. this works for all hunter and warlock abilities that are usable.

FrankN 02-24-09 01:20 AM

You have to have Prowl on your pet bar to turn it off, it does not work in the spell book.

ravagernl 02-24-09 02:37 AM

This is a bug in Blizzard wich they have (not sure if they did) not solved yet, the same is the case for Cower.

Bogg 02-24-09 08:42 AM

Thanks for the posts. I am worried that if I put Prowl on my bar, so that I can de-activate it, won't I lose a talent that could be there instead?

Bogg

Petrah 02-24-09 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogg (Post 118092)
Thanks for the posts. I am worried that if I put Prowl on my bar, so that I can de-activate it, won't I lose a talent that could be there instead?

Bogg

You don't lose it once you've learned it. If you want it back again, just drag it out of the talent window. If the spell is not something you need to click on all the time, it does not have to be on the pet bar.

Ookami.kun 02-24-09 09:24 AM

The issue is that for some buggy reason it (prowl) and cower like to activate on their own. I've been having the same issues and was going to post on the official forum to see if I was the only one, but it looks like I'm not. You can add the talent back to the pet bar and disable it, but I've found that if you dismiss the pet somehow (i.e. manually dismiss or mount up) when it is summoned back both prowl and cower become active again without you having to anything. Luckily, even with cower turning itself on it doesn't seem to mess with the amount of aggro my pet puts out... so far. Really annoying and I keep hoping Blizz fixes it quick.

Gako 04-25-09 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogg (Post 118092)

Bogg

Your pet will still automatically cast the spell even if you take it off your bar, unless your the type of hunter that likes manually casting your pets spells, this shouldn't be a problem.

Baltharus 05-23-09 03:08 AM

i usually put all my pet abilities that i know i always want on auto-cast (bite/claw ect ect) in my spell book with auto cast enabled.. on other things like prowl/cower/growl ect i ahve on my pets bar so i can manipulate these things :D