WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Community Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Hanging up my wow career :D (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24897)

havoxx 06-20-09 06:22 PM

Hanging up my wow career :D

So, I've decided to give up on wow, at least for a few months, honestly, I love playing it, but Xfire has shown me I'm addicted to it, 1700 hours is way too much as far as I'm concerned. I will possible do one final skin before I quit completely, as I just got a new 21.5" Acer, and a tablet, and wouldn't mind doing some photoshop in HD :D.

I appreciate all the support this nUI community has given, especially you Spiel, the compliments you've given me are possibly the only reason I kept wanting to push the envelope so far.

But, as I've told my buddy, I'm not blind, I know when I'm addicted to something, and it's time to drop WoW, as it's quite a bad addiction. Seeya on the flip side, and remember Spiel, if you ever need anything man, I'll gladly try and help ya out.

Xrystal 06-20-09 06:35 PM

Addicted .. no way .. *twitch, twitch* .. I'm not addicted .. rofl

You'll be back :D .. We tried to leave wow once and played Conan for a few weeks. We missed the people in the guild more than the game itself so we went back to WoW :D

Our old guild master left a few weeks back as well in preparation for when his wife had their second son. Within 2 weeks he was back again. And again it was the people more than the game that was missed.

If you do manage to stay away good on you and have a fun wowless life :D If you don't then .. haha .. told ya so .. *blows raspberry*

voodoodad 06-21-09 03:53 AM

Hey man, you're not addicted to WoWI! You can at least hang out here and keep up with the latest news and gossip, not to mention keep in contact with all the people who consider you a great addition to our community!

Imakefood 06-21-09 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havoxx (Post 143976)
So, I've decided to give up on wow, at least for a few months, honestly, I love playing it, but Xfire has shown me I'm addicted to it, 1700 hours is way too much as far as I'm concerned. I will possible do one final skin before I quit completely, as I just got a new 21.5" Acer, and a tablet, and wouldn't mind doing some photoshop in HD :D.

I appreciate all the support this nUI community has given, especially you Spiel, the compliments you've given me are possibly the only reason I kept wanting to push the envelope so far.

But, as I've told my buddy, I'm not blind, I know when I'm addicted to something, and it's time to drop WoW, as it's quite a bad addiction. Seeya on the flip side, and remember Spiel, if you ever need anything man, I'll gladly try and help ya out.

Check out my 'I'm a gamer,because...' thread. SHOWS HOW GREAT GAMES ARE! THEY'RE GOOOD FOR YA! DON'T GO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

spiel2001 06-21-09 06:28 AM

Dude... I am *so* going to miss you.

I hope you succeed, but I'll offer you this in the event you don't... there's nothing wrong with a WoW addiction unless it is interfering with your work or relationships. Otherwise, it's really just as healthy and valuable a pastime as any, even better than many.

Look at the number of hours people spend mindlessly watching TV like a lump on the couch, hanging out in bars, and any number of other entertainment venues. Gaming involves socialization and group play and a host of things that contribute to a sharp mind, as well.

So... all things in moderation, yes, but again... as long as it doesn't interfere with work and your personal relationships, it's no better or worse than any other way of spending your free time.

I know I'm not addicted... honest!

*twitch*

voodoodad 06-21-09 06:35 AM

Havoxx, listen to me, man. I KNOW addiction. Ask Scott... Or Silenia... Or Xrystle... You, sir, are no addict!

<Dammit! Where did I put my damn medicine?>

spiel2001 06-21-09 07:03 AM

I dunno... isn't it a technical foul to talk about addiction and medicine in the same post?

~grin~

Sepioth 06-21-09 10:20 AM

You'll be back ...

But good luck with whatever you become addicted to next :p . I agree with Scott though if it does not interfere with life or life's responsibilities or does not cause health issues then is it really an addiction?

But good luck with whatever takes up you newly found free time. May I suggest doing those little ships in the bottle thingy .. how do you get those in there anyway?? :)

Petrah 06-21-09 01:15 PM

:( You will continue to post here, yes? And you will continue to make those uber-cool nUI themes, yes? You may give up the game (for a little while), but ya can't just up and leave us!! /stomps foot and throws a hissy

Edit: Voodoo Dadeh.... I think you're more addicted to us than you are to WoW /cheeky grin

voodoodad 06-21-09 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silenia (Post 144110)
:( You will continue to post here, yes? And you will continue to make those uber-cool nUI themes, yes? You may give up the game (for a little while), but ya can't just up and leave us!! /stomps foot and throws a hissy

Edit: Voodoo Dadeh.... I think you're more addicted to us than you are to WoW /cheeky grin

Yeah... So...?

I can handle it!!

*twitch*