WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   WIP a new FoxeUI (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43279)

Phaux 04-16-12 11:09 PM

WIP a new FoxeUI

4 Attachment(s)
Hello all, working on a new UI I wanted to get some feedback and help. I have created this UI with addons such as bagnon, kgpanels and many more. I want to code it myself so its more solid and easier to install can anyone give me any links to sites that might help or even give me some direct tips. Anything helps thanks.

Landrell 04-17-12 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phaux (Post 255556)
Hello all, working on a new UI I wanted to get some feedback and help. I have created this UI with addons such as bagnon, kgpanels and many more. I want to code it myself so its more solid and easier to install can anyone give me any links to sites that might help or even give me some direct tips. Anything helps thanks.

I like it! The only thing I'm seeing is that the bottom UF's and Bars may be a misaligned from center. I'm also really curious, but do the icons like the eye, the gem and etc. actually work? Are they actual shortcuts or just there to look pretty? Other than that, nicely done!

Seerah 04-17-12 03:07 PM

I moved your post (and Landrell's) into your own thread. The Screenshot Gallery thread is a gallery for complete UIs, no feedback or comments. When finished with your UI, you can put up some screenshots there if you like. :)

-----------------

I like your UI, its art, and the shortcut(?) icons. However, the very light panels make the white text difficult to read and strains my eyes. Have you tried with an outline around the text, rather than just the shadow?

Phaux 04-17-12 04:58 PM

WIP a new FoxeUI

Thanks for the feedback, Yes the buttons are all functional and pretty ;], the buttons open, main menu, friends, guild, talent tree, Q for lfg, Q for pvp, dungeon journal, and the achievements window, the dice button when pushed will do a random roll 1-100 so you don't have to type it every time. The text at the bottom where it says primary is letting you know what talent spec you are in and when pushed will switch you to your secondary spec and the word will change to secondary and you can hit it again to go back to primary. The unit frames such as the player and target are off center slighty but it was intentional, and moveable if one wanted to ;]. I am very curious about the outline around the text now, thanks guys.

Epiphany17 04-17-12 08:59 PM

I'm not usually a fan of white UIs, but that is nice!

I must suggest that the button skin go Dx It ruins it for me.

Phaux 04-18-12 06:57 PM

WIP a new FoxeUI

Thanks. Its still a work in progress, if you have a good button skin, please link.

lerb 04-18-12 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phaux (Post 255608)
Thanks, I am not familiar with Dx, can you link?

I think Epiphany17 was referring to your skin used on buttons, items in your bags and your buffs, and that "Dx" is a some kind of reversed smiley :) And I can agree, the UI looks really cool IMO but the button skin doesn't really follow the theme of your UI. I think a thin white border should look better :)

Saintvallen 04-20-12 12:30 AM

Reminds me of one of Dukes old UI's. Sadly can't find a picture of it, only place I knew it was available has been shut down.

All in all it is something like this I would like to create for my self.