WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Technical Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Minimap issue maybe (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31372)

Warpig44 03-22-10 03:41 PM

Minimap issue maybe

In one of the screenshots you have for NUI+ it shows the minimap as round versus square when it is in the central location of the frame (also focus location).

In it's current square configuration the buttons for Dungeon finder, mail and one other are all exactly centered at the top and they interfere with the hot bar immediately above this frame.

I cannot move the buttons by dragging them, and I noticed in the screenshot I mentioned that the minimap is round and all the buttons appear to be either left or right of center thereby eliminating the interference with the hotbar.

Any help would be appreciated inclusive of making the map round if need be to eliminate this.

Thanks

spiel2001 03-22-10 03:51 PM

The command '/nui roundmap' can be used to switch between a round and a square minimap. However, the buttons should not be interfering with the action bars.

Is there any chance you have another minimap mod installed?

Warpig44 03-22-10 03:58 PM

I do not have a minimap mod but I am using Carbonite, I however added the correct addons (I believe) to have Carbonite in the right hand frame.

Is it possible that is an issue?

I just tried it round and square, both buttone (Dungeon and Mail) appear on the very top center of the minimap and overlap the hot bar just a tad

spiel2001 03-22-10 04:02 PM

Yup... Carbonite is, among other things, a minimap mod. It is replacing nUI's minimap with its own which is why the buttons are wrong, etc.

I don't use Carbonite, so I can't comment on a solution. I think many used just turn the Carbonite minimap option off. Others size, scale and position it to their liking.

Warpig44 03-22-10 04:09 PM

I think I have it off in it's options, I'll check it out.

Thanks, do you use a quest mod and if so which one?

Petrah 03-22-10 04:25 PM

In the Carbonite options, under Map Minimap... be sure that "Move minimap into Carbonite map" is not selected.

FWIW, I don't have very many options ticked in mine for that section.

spiel2001 03-22-10 07:14 PM

If I use a quest mod, I use QuestHelper... most of the time I don't though. With 5 level 80s, I pretty much know them all by heart now.

Chmee 03-23-10 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 182395)
Yup... Carbonite is, among other things, a minimap mod. It is replacing nUI's minimap with its own which is why the buttons are wrong, etc.

I don't use Carbonite, so I can't comment on a solution. I think many used just turn the Carbonite minimap option off. Others size, scale and position it to their liking.

This isn't quite correct. Carbonite has a map, which can be minimized. Many call this the "carbonite minimap", but it's not, it's just the map, but smaller. However, the blizzard minimap can be integrated (docked) into the carbonite map. I haven't tried that (I use both carbonite and nUI) because I want the minimap to be managed by nUI. So I turned off the docking stuff in the carbonite options. Works fine for me.

spiel2001 03-23-10 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chmee (Post 182478)
the blizzard minimap can be integrated (docked) into the carbonite map

Which, technically, would be a minimap mod ~grin~

(I'm just playing with semantics)

Chmee 03-23-10 04:00 PM

Yeah, I suppose it would. :p