WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Class Discussions (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Why did you pick your race and class? (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14711)

Amaru 01-25-08 06:27 AM

Why did you pick your race and class?

I've head some weird answerers to this and want to know some of yours.

Me. I chose a Human Pally. Why? Because humans look better than a Dwarf. I cose a pally because I saw some awesome videos with them and the look cool.

Kallieen 01-25-08 07:15 AM

I like playing evil SOB's....so undead 'lock seemed obvious to me. :D

Gemini_II 01-25-08 09:17 AM

I always like being different. And I always have thought that humans are boring. For alliance I love dwarves (ever since good ol' D&D days). For Horde, the Taurens are kick ass (and were the only shamans for ages), and who doesn't love a zombie? :)

BTW Kallieen: Love the sig! D&D, AD&D(1,2,3 Editions), Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Warhammer fantasy, Palladium Fantasy, Rifts, Paranoia, Amber, World of Darkness... the list goes on

MidgetMage55 01-25-08 10:07 AM

Well my first toon was chosen based on a concept my wife had for the guild she to make (an all gnome/dwarf guild) called Tiny Tyrants. We went to the gnomeregan server and got to work. I decided we should have at least one priest (from past mmo's healers were always hard to find) and since gnomes cant be priests i rolled up a dwarf. On the same server nearly all my toons are gnomes or dwarves. Its my midget army ... **points to his name** In nearly any fantasy based game i will usually have a handful of gnomes since they are generally pretty amusing and in alot of other games race isnt always a factor.

Its a good thing wow made player a preist fun cause i normally dont enjoy playing a healer. Now im hooked and wouldnt give it up =)

Any other toons ive made since have had their race chosen based on who had the most compatible racial bonus for the class i was making.

Flarin 01-25-08 11:48 AM

Class / Race Selection

To be honest when I first start playing the game shortly after Beta I chose a night elf because I thought they looked cool. After level 60 and I started to understand the game mechanics better I went horde, because I felt the racials were better imho.

I chose a hunter on the horde side first - an Orc for the pet damage bonus. He is my farmer - makes me gold so quickly and easily and in PvE has a super high survivability rating. I should add my opinions are based on "normal" questing gear, I am not a raider.

Second I chose an Undead Priest for PvP - very fun.

Next I went Troll Mage for the racial - speeds up spell casting.

Belf Pally next - if it wasn't the only horde class that could be a pally I would still choose a belf - the racial is awesome for casters.

Troll rogue, again for the racial - berserking + SnD ftw.

Now, with so many 70s, I am just experimenting. I have both an Orc and Tauren warrior - maybe one will tank and one will be fury.

Long train of though - but I guess the point is I have come full circle. I started out the game choosing what I thought looked cool, then once I understood the game mechanics I chose based on racial abilities, now that I have done that I am experimenting with odd combinations for not reason other than to not be bored with the game.

FrOsT_SeEr™ 01-25-08 02:14 PM

Orc shammy - orcs are the best shamans
blood elf mage - good in pvp and blood elves are damm cool.

Tobiah 01-25-08 02:46 PM

Gnome cause is a small class.

Rogue cause i like to move around in stealth

reiyo.oki 01-26-08 11:49 AM

Chose Draenei Paladin for a few reasons, one of which is the fact that the racials made for a good combination. Gift of the Naaru gives you a HoT (Granted a weak one, but it's still a HoT) which is sorely needed by paladins. The racial aura is helpful for parties and raids, and doesn't clash with the class ones (Though it would be nice to be able to pick between the two for this class), which makes it even more beneficial. Then there's the aesthetic bit. The Draenei are just cool. Who doesn't like to be different, eh?

ShadowProwler420 02-07-08 12:47 PM

I've played Dark Elf Necromancers in pretty much any RPG's I've been involved in, and I figured Blood Elf Warlock was the closest I could come.

lilcure 02-07-08 01:40 PM

I played a dwarf for 2 reasons, there were no halfings and gnomes couldn't be priests. I have always played a short healer in whatever game I played so this just fit :)

chayton 06-04-08 01:26 PM

I picked a Belf because they looked cool and because of the racial casting abilities since my Belf is a Mage.

Fashionabull 06-04-08 02:38 PM

When I started I played Taurens (and all names had 'bull' in them) when I decided to try a Pally on a friends recommendation. I could only play a Blood Elf (Horde for Life), and decided to keep the 'bull' in the names. And that's how I became....

ravagernl 06-04-08 04:33 PM

My first character in wow used to be a tauren warrior called "blackbovine". WHy? DIablo II addicted and I played barbarion from 1 to 92 on hardcore. Later on I found out it way different and played a gnome rogue for a while. In TBC I rolled a hunter because 4 of my friends also play one so wanted to try them out.

Now I play on my hunter more then my friends.

wildo 07-27-08 06:35 AM

Chose a nelf female druid, even though I hate nelfs, but my friends were alliance and I wanted to make a druid so I had no choice. Nelf Male casting animations are so *** haha.

blackpandemic 07-28-08 02:25 PM

A) Gear looks best on Humans IMO (least amount of size distortion)
B) Warriors hit things
B) I started a long time ago, so not really sure why I started Canse :P

As you can see, I like hitting and being hit by mobs. Also, you can see that my intellect rating is a bit lower than it should be (kudos if you catch it ;) ).

Now I know that I love tanking things and enjoy the occasional bout of PvP as arms. I couldn't play very long as a squishy and Pally's confuse me :D

Icecoldcoke 07-28-08 03:09 PM

Troll beserking pwns for PVE healing as a shaman.

That's why.

Jesamyn 07-28-08 03:13 PM

When I started playing, a friend suggested that rogue might be a fun class. I chose undead...well, I'm not entirely sure why. :)

I have an orc shaman as a result of reading Lord of the Clans.

When I got ready to start a mage, BC was almost out. With the addiction to mana and all, I thought BE's were a logical choice for mage.

Icecoldcoke 07-28-08 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesamyn (Post 96863)
When I got ready to start a mage, BC was almost out. With the addiction to mana and all, I thought BE's were a logical choice for mage.

I thought they were addicted to energy, wouldn't that make them the logical choice for a rogue? :D :p

Jesamyn 07-29-08 12:07 AM

:p

Actually, it's arcane energy specifically that they are addicted to. Last time I logged into her, my rogue's energy wasn't very arcane. ;)

tintingurl 07-29-08 03:24 AM

i started a NE hunter because i thought at the time the NE looked cool and i love pets so thought the pet thing was nice too.

now my hunter i only play when bored, i turned sides and become a Belf pally :cool:

i do have others like a NE druid witch is nice damage and easy farming since things die pretty fast.

Shiny <3 07-29-08 08:43 AM

well i used to have a 70 shadow priest and i always loved how the paladins used to aoe tank in the instances (as it saved alot of hastle and aggro problems). So i thought hmmmmm. But yeah i actually used wowmodelviewer and looked at the different attack styles for both draenei and bloodelves male and female. n decided female bloodelf fighting style was the best lol.

GT4 08-03-08 04:19 AM

As I've gone through like 6 mains in the last 3 years I'd say because I like to master as many classes as possible. Most of them were DW Melee classes(2 Rogues, 1 Fury Warrior, 1 Enhancement Shaman) because I love that "Berserker" style of play, to just rip through your enemies. Races are all races that look decent as female and have decent racials because I couldn't stand looking at a male or ugly ass all the time.

aqvilifer 08-03-08 05:54 AM

My first serious Character that I rolled, was a human rogue.

The reasons I picked human... *sigh*

I'm an RP nerd. :P
I love the warcraft lore, and the stuff related to the humans most of all.

Picked a rogue because... Well, who doesn't enjoy sneaking around and stabbing things? :D

After that....

Draenei Shaman.

Giant space goat, throwin' down totems and smacking things around.... Need I say more?

lerb 08-13-08 02:16 AM

Undeads til' the end!

Hell yeah, Undeads all the way! For they crazyass nice looks and for the awesome racials!

/Lerbiuz, Undead rogue of Daggerspine

Vlad 08-13-08 02:04 PM

I wanted to play a Shaman and Draenei were the only once with the class on the alliance side so I didn't have much choice. ;)

Slakah 08-13-08 02:22 PM

My friends told me they had seen mages in BG put a shield around 10 people, and I blindly believed them.

Seiyu 08-14-08 01:15 PM

Warlock because... I played a mage in beta, and ended up being more interested in my friend's warlock, so come Live I swapped. Gnome because my sister picked alliance, and gnome racials (expansive mind) seemed more caster friendly than the human ones.

Fireproof213 08-15-08 02:04 AM

I wanted a hunter, and I wanted it horde, and I hate orcs. So it was down to Tauren or Troll (pre-TBC). And since trolls look the coolest, I rolled troll. Regretted it ever since. Troll hunters fall under every stereotype out there on the interwebz.

Ingensu 08-15-08 09:35 PM

I chose hunter because I liked the idea of rolling with a pet, and at the time caster classes didn't really appeal to me (I've since started a mage and fell in love with it, haha). I went with a night elf because at the time, TBC hadn't been released, and I was never much for dwarves, which left me with night elf.

Of course I wish I mained a draenei hunter, but I don't have the patience to go through the leveling. So I'm settling for draenei alts in about every class, haha.

SDPhantom 08-15-08 10:50 PM

I have a couple classes that were chosen because of historical value in the Warcraft game world.

I have a NE Druid, because I liked playing the race in WarCraft3. All the females were hunters and all the males were druids.

My BE lock, I made after the Blood Elf hero in the WarCraft3 expansion, Frozen Throne. Blood Mages were incredible, and I wanted to make something that resembled their power.

Hhoky 08-16-08 07:43 AM

I picked NE for my first char, the NE's were the prettiest to me. When my son first brought WoW to the family, we had decided to roll Ally together (he wanted to be able to fight and beat his teacher). I knew nothing about the game other than my son's friends and his Elementary teacher all played it. I chose Hunter because I figured if...I didnt get to know anyone in this werid game world at least I wouldnt be alone.
For most of my Hunter's lvl's, Till about 46 I believe, I fumbled my way around, was to shy to talk to people, got lost in strange places and finally figured out most of the games mechanics.
Since then I have met a ton people, made a guild ^.^ (go TSS you guys are the best people I know) and level'd up new chars too.
I fell in love with the stories and lore in WoW on both sides! I play for fun, have since day one, back before BC, maybe someday Ill take it serious and try raids, or other end game (for now) stuff, but prolly not ^.^

I have a NE Hunter (mostly my money maker/explorer new content gets done by her first :P)
A almost NE Priest (*shrug* I like the NE females still and starshards comes in handy, you can track a hidden rogue with those things LoL)
A Human Warrior (this chick is tough and gives me a lot of respect of what the humans have gone through)
A Gnome Mage (still weirds me out a bit when I play her...but I keep trying)
A 19 NE Druid (My Fave atm, Im loving WsG with her, which is weird, cuz I HATE WsG!)
A Draenie Shammy (*shrug* she has a tail)
And A BE priest (shes pretty, but no NE :P still I do like her)

I have tried many many toons, but scrapped them for one reason or another, still havent met a rogue I like, so I kill them off before lvl 20
I tried an Undead priest, I love the way they moved, their casting stances, and come on zombies are Fantastic and their story is perfect...but the emote voice got to me and I put her back in the ground....just too kreepy *shiver*

xeross 08-16-08 01:12 PM

Picked warrior cus i like the meleeing, picked dwarf cus i had played the human begin twice and they look cool

Lombra 08-16-08 01:48 PM

Female human paladin because she is pretty (see avatar!) :) and because I played paladin in Diablo 2.

Estelien 08-27-08 03:13 PM

I chose Night elf, just because I like elves LOL
And since I'm not a big gamer and so don't like fighting that much, I wanted to be a healer. Somehow druid just felt right to me :D Now I'm simply LOVE my resto druid!
I also have a draenei shaman, because I wanted to explore a new race and because I loved the totems Shamans use. And I simply wanted something new.
On horde I have a bloodelf warlock. Elf again, just cause I like em. And warlock because I wanted a caster and I wanted to learn more about DoT's and CC.

Great to read all these stories btw :)

Coly 08-27-08 03:31 PM

Tauren Druid, becuase taurens animations are made of win, Even the sitting animations rock! Druid becuase they're great hybrids!

I nearly went female, but thought better of it :)

VagrantEsha 08-28-08 11:59 AM

Ooh, this is a fun thread.

When I first started playing Warcraft, I decided that I wanted to be a good guy. I didn't make assumptions and jump on the Alliance bandwagon, I actually researched the lore. And of all the races, the most placid, kind-hearted, good natured, and just generally the most we-give-a-damn race were the Tauren. Tauren have the Druid class too, and that suited me down to the ground because I'm a therian. I've played a number of Tauren Druids, and the only real variation I suppose was the patch-number of the game, and the gender of the Tauren.

Recently though, I've broken under pressure. There's just this attitude problem with the Horde that rubs me the wrong way, too many of them want to be the leetest, or whatever the word for that is today, there're so many loners and not very many people who believe in cammeraderie and co-operation. As much as I loved the Tauren, I found this an inhospitable atmosphere. It just seemed like many people picked Horde races because of the "Oh look, monsters! Rarr! I'm a monster! I'm going to smash your face into the ground! Monsters are jerks, right?" mentality. And this mentality was applied to the Tauren by many players who hadn't bothered to examine the lore at all. And that's a damn shame.

Because of this, these days I play a Night Elf. I can't say I like the race, the lore is very unappealing to me, but I am a Druid! So I spend most my time wandering around in Moonkin, Cat, or Travel form. The Alliance has all the cammeraderie I was looking for, but many days I find myself missing the Tauuren. If only things were reversed. :<

Zyplon 08-29-08 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VagrantEsha (Post 100508)
When I first started playing Warcraft, I decided that I wanted to be a good guy. I didn't make assumptions and jump on the Alliance bandwagon, I actually researched the lore. And of all the races, the most placid, kind-hearted, good natured, and just generally the most we-give-a-damn race were the Tauren. Tauren have the Druid class too, and that suited me down to the ground because I'm a therian. I've played a number of Tauren Druids, and the only real variation I suppose was the patch-number of the game, and the gender of the Tauren.
:<

That is basically the same story as me :O

Maelstrom 08-30-08 10:39 PM

Tauren Shaman And Orc Warrior
Tauren because they pwn faces and orc because they looked cool in t3
ahah

Undel 09-01-08 03:31 AM

When I started playing I didn't even know that races had racials or anything about warcraft lore. I picked troll because I liked the mohawk :rolleyes:

Quote:

The Alliance has all the cammeraderie I was looking for, but many days I find myself missing the Tauuren. If only things were reversed. :<
That may not really be a horde/ally problem so much as a server attitude that's prevalent on one faction. I'm a part of several different servers and its interesting because on some servers, the Alliance come off as elitist jerks and on others its the horde. If you really want to play Tauren, a server hop might be right up your alley :-)

Mighty1 09-06-08 03:53 PM

Paladin, ofc ;)

I chose a blood elf paladin!

Why, because they are one of the races with most intellect, but most because of their "Mana Tap" and "Arcane Torrent"

Total pwn! <3

:banana:

Hanakabo17 09-07-08 12:17 PM

Well, i picked a night elf rogue as my first character. i got him up to level 11, got bored, and rolled horde. Next, i made Hanakabo, my mighty troll mage. I picked troll because he had a natural appeal to me, for whatever reason. Then, he got to 60, hit expansion, and 70 for the win. Now, i had this small, little level 11 undead rogue that i started as an alt but forgot. He was next on my priority. Now he is 70, with Gladiator gear and pwning in BG's. And finally, we have Healunz, my soon to be 70 Tauren druid. I picked tauren, naturally, because they were the only druid class. But after a while i grew to love his...giant...ness. And once expansion comes out, i hope to make Minionodeath, the death knight.
(I picked undead rogue because...an assassin of UNDEATH? Pure. Genius.)

Elloria 09-07-08 12:40 PM

My main right now is a blood elf Mage. I picked Blood elf not only because it was new and interesting. But im just a girlie girl XD. I loved the attitude they have, the dance i could do with out tho lol. I may be girlie but im not that girlie. The big main reason i chose her for this class was because of my preception of the blood elf. Evrytime i see them i think of arcane power, strong magical power. Which would fit perfectly with my mage.

paladinpownage 09-12-08 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amaru (Post 82129)
I've head some weird answerers to this and want to know some of yours.

Me. I chose a Human Pally. Why? Because humans look better than a Dwarf. I cose a pally because I saw some awesome videos with them and the look cool.

I've gone with different classes and races primarily because I've leveled so many that otherwise Azeroth would be incredibly boring... I like to look for different challenges. If I've gotten used to one game play style when I get bored I switch to another, and sometimes back and forth.

I first started on World of Warcraft with a gnome warlock for the intellect buff and the pets. I wanted to do a magic user but wasn't sure I was ready for what at the time I didn't know was called crowd control. The concept therefore of a magic class that also had again, what I didn't know at the time!!!, was called a tank, that you could summon, made me a happy little mushroom.

So yeah, my first was Elzar, who I quickly got frustrated with because God warlocks are hard to level. Turns out I picked one of the most challenging classes right off the bat, yikes. It turned out to not fit my play style at all so I went and rolled a hunter, Jagarak. Looking back I had really no clue what I was doing: I cannot believe how horribly geared they were when I went back to look at them many ages later, hehe. It was a natural evolution though: I still wanted the tanking but I was really having trouble with magic use so I went with melee and pet tanking, e.g., beast mastery hunter! Demonology spec to beast master, not really much of a transition.

I'd say the biggest transition was when I really got frustrated with the incredible lack of any thought required with a beast mastery hunter. Point, send pet, shoot, etc... Macro the whole thing, go find lunch. Boring, boring, boring, boring, especially when you have no idea how to gear.

At that point I'd pretty much learned my lesson; I finally figured out if I wanted the game to actually be exciting for me I'd have to take big risks and go with personal confrontation. Wasn't quite ready for magetastic excitement yet so I went with a rogue which definitely turned out to be one of the most rewarding experiences. Shetaran is definitely going to make it to 70 one of these days, he's just sort of stuck in the mid-50s not because I lost interest but because I just couldn't reach those lofty DPS ranks that a dual-wield sword rogue should be at and I was tired of always dying. I still play him now and then, I just had been playing him nonstop and burnt out, needed a change to something a bit less self-destructive.

I decided I wanted to forgo a bit of damage for a ton of armor so I went with a paladin and that has just been pure fun. I started with retribution, went to protection, went back to retribution, then went to holy, and have stayed with a holy - retribution shockadin hybrid build that has carried me three levels from endgame seventy. Very exciting, also definitely where I moved to another higher level of learning regarding World of Warcraft and how to balance stats, gear, etc... Moving into BC content taught me all the ratings I'd missed pre-bc.

Now I'm rolling with something I played on a friend's account ages and ages ago before Burning Crusade and I'm finally at a point where I can truly master it. My dream come true, Blessedmoon, my frost aoe mage. :)

Currently level 36 and growing fast!!!

At the moment I have a burst dps rogue, a burst dps paladin, a sustained dps mage, and a lock and hunter that I haven't quite found a roll for yet. I'll probably end up respeccing Shetaran as stealth for the fun of it, haven't decided yet. Either way the characters I've played, the races, the classes, they definitely represent the evolution of my learning and also the evolution of myself!

Zorklat 09-19-08 09:47 AM

Lessee....

I'm a raving altaholic. I actually discovered that Blizz limits an account to 50 characters across all servers by using all those slots and still wanting more. What have I learned from this?

First, I don't play women. My wife freaks out.

Second, I don't like paladins. I've tried to level paladins, and I always delete them around 15 or so. I've never been able to work up a druid very far either.

Third, I don't like elves. In order to enjoy a character, I have to connect with its inner dork. I have to like his /silly jokes, his /flirts, and his /dance. Night elves don't have an inner dork, and a blood elf's is mean. I can't do that kind of mean and nasty.

Gnomes are hysterically funny. If you never have, make a male gnome alt and type /train -- it makes me laugh every time. Dwarfs, too, are funny. They fit "Ale and whores!" trope that has been played for laughs ever since the original "Dungeons & Dragons" Boxed set. I can smile at the cheesy disco stylings of humans, the draeni's good natured delusions of adequacy, and the humor and sensibilities of every other race -- except the elves. Everything a blood elf says annoys or irritates me, and I just can't relate to the night elves. At all.

But the ones I've kept ....

Human protection warrior. I have this thing for self-sacrifice. Besides, I don't want mobs trying to beat up my wife's character. I've always been ready to step into the role nobody else wants to take. I picked human for the sword & mace bonus, and because my wife didn't like dwarves.

Gnome arcane mage. Arcane is a pretty cool way to level up. And bonus intellect is a clear advantage for a mage. Lots of fun. ;)

Dwarf combat rogue. I suffered enormous revulsion when I learned the BE pally lore, so much so that I had to make an anti-BE pally to go and slay every BE priest & pally trainer in the game. There's nothing more anti-BE than a dwarf. And when you're a dwarf, there's no class more anti-Pally than rogue. Plus, there's all the fun of the whole "ale and whores" trope.

Orc affliction warlock. I figured he'd have more stamina than an undead, and the pet damage buff is nice. And the downtime for an affliction lock, properly played, is almost nil. Every so often, he'll hold a soul shard to his ear, smile, and say, "You can still hear the screaming...."

Troll assassination rogue. Stabbity stabbity stabbity stabbity!!! Doing it over, I'd probably pick an orc for the stun resistance and blood fury or an undead for cannibalism and Will of the Forsaken -- they all seem better for the PvP I like than Berzerking (esp with the changes to spell pushback coming in WotLK), but I can't give up my troll.

Tauren protection warrior. I have to have a prot warrior. And the bonus 5% to life is almost impossible for a tank to beat.

Forsaken arcane mage -- the horde equivalent to the gnome above. The Forsaken make fun of themselves in a sort of self-aggrandizing way that I enjoy.

Forsaken shadow priest. He doesn't get much play. But I do NOT relish the idea of starting over with his trade skills. And I'd rather play a priest as forsaken than troll.

Orc huntard, beastmaster. Also an engineer, so he can make his own ammo (which is often superior to what he can buy). He's there to reach 70 first and farm up cash for all the alts. Every racial an orc has contributes to a hunter; the same can't be said of trolls (alas).

Orc shaman, intended for enhancement. He just may wind up getting blown for a troll shammy, partly cuz trolls are so fun and I'd like another, and partly because I think I'd prefer an ele shammy to an enh in WotLK, and ele would be better suited to a troll, while enh is better as an orc.

larkrune 11-14-08 10:19 PM

i chose a tauren druid for my main because of a few things :)
1. my play style isn't suited for any class that can't heal themselves
2. the versatility of tank/dps/caster/healer
3. i tend to fly solo most of the time, so 2 was important
and last but not least :D 4. my friends were horde, and taurens are the only horde druids :)

Psoewish 11-14-08 10:47 PM

My first _real_ char was an Undead Mage (I played all classes till lvl 15-ish first :P).

So when I had a feel for the game, I went Undead, for the simple fact they Lady Sylvannas is the coolest NPC in the game, and I love her, so Undead was the logical choice for me.

Mage because I've always been a casting class in about every mmo I played.

Now I'm levelling a Blood Elf Paladin, because you can't roll Troll Paladins QQ
Seriously ... Berserking + FoL?! I wouldn't mind that!

And I have a Tauren Druid that's currently collecting dust in Dustwallow Marsh I think, I just wanted a cow tbh. :)

And my coolest char by far is my lvl 6 Blood Elf Rogue! She has style, and 19 hours /played :D
I use her to set up my UIs without being bothered by whispers and stuff. :P

Yhor 11-14-08 11:08 PM

First toon was a Troll mage.. was my first toon, I didn't really 'know' anything. Leveled to 48 and rerolled.

My irl friends went Ally after I talked them into picking up WoW, so I obliged them by rolling an Ally... Nelf Rogue. I didn't grasp the Sword Specialization racial of humans until later.. lessons learned.

My next reroll was a Nelf Druid (couldn't make a Gnome Druid :( ), raided with him a little in BC, but after irl friends quit playing, I re-rerolled Horde for a Tauren Druid (yeah, no Troll Druid available).

I now have a 66 Tauren Druid, 71 Tauren Druid, 70 Nelf Druid, 70 Nelf Rogue (and countless alts). Druids are just too much fun and versatile, but definitely not a class for everyone's liking.

Salihb 12-05-08 07:34 AM

I got one single level 80 character and that is my Human Rogue.

Why did i choose a Human?
Humans and undeads are the coolest classes ingame, so i thought a human could do it out. Also because of the racials:

Perception - passive
Increases your Stealth detection.

The Human Spirit - passive
Spirit increased by 3%.

Diplomacy - passive
Reputation gains increased by 10%.

Sword Specialization - passive
Expertise with Swords and Two-Handed Swords increased by 3.

Mace Specialization - passive
Expertise with Maces and Two-Handed Maces increased by 3.

Every Man for Himself - instant - 2 min cooldown
Removes all movement impairing effects and all effects which cause loss of control of your character. This effect shares a cooldown with other similar effects.

Why did i choose Rogue?
When i first began to play WoW I had heard about some other friends who where pretty good at playing Rogue and that the class was all about "coming from the back" and stealthing. I found that pretty awesome and wanted to give it a try.

Now everything i do is pwnage! At raids i "used" to top dmg meters (wotlk sucks :/ ) and gaining an arena rating of 2000 has been a great and funny challenge for me. It's definately a great class and not that easy to play unless you know almost EVERYTHING about WoW mechanics and other classes.

WayfarerOmega 12-05-08 08:46 AM

I'm an altaholic so I've got a lot of different race/class combinations.

When it comes down to choosing race and sex, it's generally all about how I like the models and their associated animations. My favorites are male trolls, orcs, and tauren and both genders of undead and draenei. As you might guess, I prefer playing Horde over Alliance but all of my friends play Alliance so that's what I mostly play.

I've found things to enjoy about almost every class. Druid is the only one that I've not been able to bring myself to play beyond level 30 or so.

My current main is a female draenei tankadin. I like being hard to kill. I like being able to round up a bunch of mobs and take them all down at the same time. I like being able to easily find a group for doing instances. I like having a unique role within a group so that I'm not constantly comparing my performance against that of my group members and then beating myself up if I don't feel that I measure up.

WaldoJeffers 12-05-08 04:25 PM

My first was a night elf warrior for about 2 weeks, which was chosen under the influence of a mate ("You're tough and you get to shoot bows and arrows!" Ok sign me up), my decision would have been a gnome mage.

When I could decide for myself (except now influenced by a friend to go horde, years on I'm still horde :)), I was to make- An undead male mage, an undead female mage, an undead female warlock, a blood elf female priest and a blood elf female rogue. And because ever since I got the game I've been tempted to make an anklebiter, when I finally get WoTLK I will try a gnome DK.

Now after some years I only really like aesthetically (main factor for me :)) gnome female, human female, undead male /female and BE female. My favorite classes are casters, my favorite class is a Mage. If I could reset everything and start from scratch, I'd have an undead female mage and a human female rogue.
That's my history :p

Öddbåll 12-23-08 02:22 PM

When I FIRST started playing the game I went as a Human Warrior... I didn't know better :( [I love warriors btw, I was just a noob atm :)]But then I saw this dude walking around with a "Minion" and I wondered if warriors could have one too, I asked and they said Warlocks only; so I figured damnn I think I want extra help :D so I made a Human Warlock and have been ever since :P. Of course after really getting in the game I've played every class and every race, all of them have their charm :D

Shinisuryu 12-23-08 03:52 PM

Tauren Shaman. Why? The WoW intro video with the tauren, just struck something inside me.

Republic 12-31-08 05:45 AM

Human paladin and Orc warrior. Why? I believe this is where it all began. I like the classic game. I believe these classes best represent their respective races in terms of what WoW is all about. Humans vs Orcs. The rest is filler to keep the kids interested ;)

Shirik 12-31-08 01:37 PM

1) BE's are cute
2) Tauren are the only horde race I can identify myself with (they seem more "good" than the others, despite the fact that nobody is really "evil") and I wanted to stay horde due to the people I already knew

Miralen 01-06-09 08:24 AM

Well I first rolled a Human Warrior when I first started playing, I am not sure why to be honest.

Than I switched to a Night Elf Hunter once I hit 60 on my warrior (pre BC.) I really enjoyed and this was back in the day when pets had unique attack speeds and was awesome, so I tamed Broken Tooth which took awhile to get got him to 60 pvp'd and about 6 weeks after I went through the hassle to lvl a lvl 37 pet while I was 60, Blizzard in their infinite wisdom decided to do away with unique pet attack speeds. So that was nearly the end of my hunter.

Between my Hunter and Rogue I made a Human Female Mage, they can have nose rings which I thought was cool.

Than a Night Elf Rogue. I was sitting around one day and thought the name Escalade would be a neat name for a rogue so I went and made a rogue. Night Elf since at least back in those days shadowmeld helped your stealthing. (been awhile since I have played my rogue things may or may not have changed with that)

At the same time as my rogue, I rolled a Dwarf Priest for Fear Ward, mind you up to now this is still pre bc before Blizzard gave every priest Fear Ward. Anyways I lvl'd him to about 32 and stopped playing him for like a year. Than when BC came out I started lvling him. Boy was I steamed to find out that after I had hit 70 Blizzard was going to give every priest Fear Ward, boy did I get suckered there.

Anyways in short my priest is my Main, I recently made a Night Elf Druid (Balance) and a Draenei Shaman (Enhancement) and they have become my alts and I don't really touch my other characters (who are all 70 btw except the Mage (62 with 1 xp to go before 63 just don't care too much about getting the lvl lol and my warrior who is 63) I mainly use em for setting up my uis. Apologies for my WoW's life story being so long.

Spellshaper 01-09-09 12:40 AM

I rolled a female draenei shaman because.. well.

I wanted to roll alliance to be able to team up with my friends.
I wanted an exotic race.
I wanted to use that "Mirrizal" character template I'd been using for rp and d&d for over 5 years, but hadn't been using awhile.
Mirrizal has an affinity for both the more primal forces of nature and likes tinkering until something a) blows up or b) does something, so I went with that..

and that's how Mirrizal, female draenei elemental shaman engineer was born :>

She's still blowing things up as my main in both PvE and PvP, though WotLK has made elemental PvP totally unenjoyable at best.
Mostly because of that I sent a mage alt on her way to 80. Leveling takes time though :s

Nightspirit 02-14-09 07:23 AM

I once installed this game, made an account and stared at my Create Character screen with clueless eyes. I liked the looks of the Undead, picked randomly (turned out to be warlock) and started playing. That was over 3 years ago and it's still my main :banana:

Limb0 03-09-09 01:49 PM

From other MMOs I've always played an evil sorcerer so when I first got WOW, I rolled an Undead Warlock. I joined a server where a bunch of friends from a previous MMO had gathered and they were all Alliance, so I abandoned the Undead and went Alliance.

Tough to be on the good side while being used to being so evil for so long so I remembered the first RPG character I ever made back in the Dungeons and Dragons days of dice and character sheets.. I made a character named Jimjimmy Squashfoot who was a Chaotic/Neutral Halfling Stout Theif.. so naturally I found the Gnome Rogue as the best fit.

Being a Gnome, I decided I'd be an Engineer and I loved the booty dance that they do. I saw this on a Youtube PvP video and thought this was hilarious especially after such a cute chr pwned someone so hard!

Also I have to agree with..
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorklat (Post 102416)
Gnomes are hysterically funny. If you never have, make a male gnome alt and type /train -- it makes me laugh every time.

Republic 03-14-09 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Limb0 (Post 119494)
From other MMOs I've always played an evil sorcerer so when I first got WOW, I rolled an Undead Warlock. I joined a server where a bunch of friends from a previous MMO had gathered and they were all Alliance, so I abandoned the Undead and went Alliance.

Tough to be on the good side while being used to being so evil for so long so I remembered the first RPG character I ever made back in the Dungeons and Dragons days of dice and character sheets.. I made a character named Jimjimmy Squashfoot who was a Chaotic/Neutral Halfling Stout Theif.. so naturally I found the Gnome Rogue as the best fit.

Being a Gnome, I decided I'd be an Engineer and I loved the booty dance that they do. I saw this on a Youtube PvP video and thought this was hilarious especially after such a cute chr pwned someone so hard!

Also I have to agree with..

That's interesting. I never really have thought of either side to be good or evil, just different and in opposition to each other (unless united for common gain). I'd be willing to bet that some people see the horde as good and alliance as evil. That sort of goes against what may be the "typical" response

Xrystal 03-27-09 04:11 AM

My first character was a Night Elf Priest. In fact she is still my main raiding character.

I chose a Night Elf because they were different and full of fantasy which WoW is basically and dwarves and gnomes weren't my thing. Of course I couldn't be an evil horde ( stereotypical nonsense but there you go ).

I chose Priest because I like to help people and they are the ideal helper. As holy they heal and as shadow they help renew health and mana while also dealing damage.

I also have the combinations of Human Mage ( I love magic and well I'm human ), Human Warlock ( mwahahaha you get to have a minion ) and Night Elf Druid ( being English the druid side just fell into place ).

When Burning Crusade came out I made my Draenai Shaman. It was something new and the alliance didn't have shamans.