WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cataclysm Beta (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   What is the #1 addon you are missing most right now. (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33957)

Nobgul 07-15-10 03:22 AM

What is the #1 addon you are missing most right now.

Mine is healbot or clique or some sort of click casting healing mod =X

Ferous 07-15-10 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobgul (Post 197925)
Mine is healbot or clique or some sort of click casting healing mod =X

Use mouseover macros and test the new party frames :)

Si_ 07-15-10 03:34 AM

Comix, but i might be a little biased

Nobgul 07-15-10 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferous (Post 197926)
Use mouseover macros and test the new party frames :)

I think i just cried a little bit. But i think that may be a option eh.

zork 07-15-10 03:35 AM

I never understood that. You could have macros to do that much more easily!

Code:

/cast [target=focus,help,exists,nodead,modifier:ctrl] Regrowth; [target=mouseover,help,exists,nodead] Regrowth; [target=target,help,exists,nodead] Regrowth; [target=player] Regrowth;
1) if exists focus and pressed CTRL cast Regrowth on focus
2) if exists mouseover cast Regrowth on mouseover
3) if exists target cast Regrowth on target
4) else cast Regrowth on player

This is so much functionality in just one simple macro.

Ferous 07-15-10 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zork (Post 197929)
I never understood that. You could have macros to do that much more easily!

Code:

/cast [target=focus,help,exists,nodead,modifier:ctrl] Regrowth; [target=mouseover,help,exists,nodead] Regrowth; [target=target,help,exists,nodead] Regrowth; [target=player] Regrowth;
1) if exists focus and pressed CTRL cast Regrowth on focus
2) if exists mouseover cast Regrowth on mouseover
3) if exists target cast Regrowth on target
4) else cast Regrowth on player

This is so much functionality in just one simple macro.

I agree. Click to cast healing isn't as fast or as functional as a macro that can do much more than that, without having to click things. Sounds better when you can just hover and heal to me :P

kkam 07-15-10 05:26 AM

all-in-one bags, how underrated are thee :(

GT4 07-15-10 05:33 AM

I'm not in the beta yet but I'll definitely miss recount which has always been the first addon to copy to PTRs/betas.

Does /combatlog work properly and if it does, is it the same syntax as in WotLK?
Otherwise I may have to write a parser :(

AlleyKat 07-15-10 06:41 AM

Autoselling junk, lol

Ricowan 07-15-10 08:11 AM

Maybe I'm weird, but FuBar is the one I've missed the most. An all in one bag mod is a close second though.

ricks322 07-15-10 08:30 AM

Any chat addon that would let you 'sticky' the chat....

Really get tired of typing /1 /2......

voodoodad 07-15-10 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricks322 (Post 197984)
Any chat addon that would let you 'sticky' the chat....

Really get tired of typing /1 /2......

Speaking of which, is anyone having trouble with the channels? Last night I would be chatting away just fine in gen or trade, but then I would suddenly start getting "Not in Trade" or "Not in General". /Join trade and /Join General didn't do anything.

Slakah 07-15-10 08:56 AM

Missing auto quest completion soo much.

Elhana 07-15-10 09:10 AM

Not in beta yet, but Grid for healer, rest is overrated. Haven't seen new party frames, but blizzard usually fails at this point, so I expect it to be ****.
Recap, Auctioneer, ItemRack and many other simple mods are the tools which make tasks easier, but not mandatory.

Edit: Looking at new party frames screenshots - they surely remind Grid, but I'd still expect most features like buff/debuff tracking to be lacking.

Xrystal 07-15-10 11:08 AM

Missing nUI big time. But not played much to have it affect game play but after all this time wow isn't wow without nUI rofl.

p3lim 07-15-10 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slakah (Post 197989)
Missing auto quest completion soo much.

This, <3 idQuestAutomation

MidgetMage55 07-15-10 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferous (Post 197931)
I agree. Click to cast healing isn't as fast or as functional as a macro that can do much more than that, without having to click things. Sounds better when you can just hover and heal to me :P

What is faster is a matter of play style. If you think of it this way: Your in a highly mobile fight. You press a macro while having to hover the mouse over a target. It means you don't have your hands on the keys to move. Since the mouse is already over the target of your heal you can just click it and still have the ability to move more quickly since your hands are over the keys already.

Short version 2 hands that could do the job of one. And a simple modifier key gives it nearly the same functionality of a macro while keeping your hands on movement keys (all hail the pinky!).

And I'm sure from experience there are counter arguments in the opposite direction. I can say I've tried both ways and i just ended up being faster with click casting. Its merely preference.

On topic:

I would have to say action bars because i hate having my skills spread out the way the default one does it. Combat switching is pretty handy too.

unlimit 07-15-10 12:16 PM

OpenRDX without a shadow of a doubt.

TipTac #2
QuestHelper #0

infamy 07-15-10 12:23 PM

All.In.One.Bags. Arkinventory in my case. I am miserable without it.

Junk auto-sell is up there, for sure. And I'd love any tool-tip mod.

HOWEVER

I, like most here I would imagine, play with such a heavily modded ui that I lose touch with what the default can do. So I'm looking at this as an opportunity to get a sense for what addons I may be able to live without in the long-term.

But really, all in one bags, for the love of God. Even my baby Worgen only has two bags, and HE'S miserable.

ezarra 07-15-10 01:41 PM

Not in the beta yet (Friday?) but I know I will be hating life without Dominos and Autobar.