WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   No interface folder in my game folder. (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34421)

Valandris 08-11-10 08:18 AM

No interface folder in my game folder.

I digitally downloaded and installed WoW esMX via my battle.net account, it's currently finishing up patching, and all seems fine, except for one thing: My game folder doesn't have an interface folder to create the addons subfolder in, however there's a whole separate folder called "World of Warcraft.trash" and inside it is the folder "interface" with a curse client file called ".curseclient" and inside the interface folder is a folder called "addons". Did the installer get mixed up and thought the interface folder was trash? If so, can I just move that folder to my actual game file and remove the "World of Warcraft.trash" file?

Sythalin 08-11-10 08:42 AM

Cut your interface and wtf folders and paste them into your main folder, as they would usually be. Then delete the .trash folder.

p3lim 08-11-10 08:52 AM

Wait and see after all the patching is done, it could be temporary by the installer.

If its not changed after that, move the interface folder out of the .trash dir

Valandris 08-11-10 08:59 AM

*Update* I tried to add WoW to my list of games for curse client v4 and it said it could not find a valid installation path. I told it to go straight to C:\\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns

It just doesn't want to take it =(

ravagernl 08-11-10 03:17 PM

Use "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft" instead.

Specific questions about the curse client should actually be handled on the curse forums, but whatever :)

ricks322 08-11-10 03:54 PM

What is " WoW esMX "?

ravagernl 08-11-10 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricks322 (Post 202130)
What is " WoW esMX "?

It's the spanish version of the client.

Taryble 08-11-10 05:07 PM

WoW's regioning and language-altered versions are named with a 2-digit language code and a 2-digit country code. English is "en", spanish is "es", german is "de", french is "fr", chinese is "zh", russian is "ru". The US version of WoW is "enUS", Britain is "enGB", Germany gets the "deDE" version, etc, etc.

break19 08-11-10 05:33 PM

IIRC, the interface folder is created upon launching of wow the first time.. I recall having to launch wow after installing on my new system before I could add addons..

Valandris 08-11-10 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrruben5 (Post 202127)
Use "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft" instead.

Specific questions about the curse client should actually be handled on the curse forums, but whatever :)

Correction: It is as you put it, not how I put it, and it still doesn't recognize it as a valid file. I may have to check with curse client tech support.