WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Customizing Layouts (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   DK Theme (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24730)

Lackin 06-13-09 09:25 AM

DK Theme

What about a DK bottom bar in the style of the one with the floating bar. I think its called carbon no chains

havoxx 06-13-09 12:13 PM

Yea, account was frozen at 8:13 this morning :D, so I can't test anything even if I make it lol.

Curumtiny 06-13-09 01:44 PM

sure there is ever heard of the free trials :) :banana:

havoxx 06-13-09 05:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Curumtiny (Post 142909)
sure there is ever heard of the free trials :) :banana:

lol, selfish!, anyway, I'm not posting it, but here it is so you all can drool and ogle at it :D

spiel2001 06-13-09 05:46 PM

Damn -- that's really nice.

Well done.

havoxx 06-13-09 06:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 142948)
Damn -- that's really nice.

Well done.

Hehe, I was thinking of maybe flaming up the center piece, but since it has things there, I figured it would just be wasted. I did forget to square it though.

Btw Spiel, I found a real easy way to make the images.

2560x512 is the skin size, and you use the Slice Select tool, you right click on it, and select "Promote to user slice and use these options, then you save for web and devices with these options. You name it as a base, for this one, I named it nUI_DK, and it will name it automatically.

Disregard that picture of my dog :D, W7 captures both monitors.

spiel2001 06-13-09 06:39 PM

Very cool -- I'll have to remember that when I do my next dashboard.

havoxx 06-13-09 10:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the final version, I'm going to try and make a top console for it tomorrow, it's bed time lol.

Xrystal 06-13-09 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havoxx (Post 142959)
Hehe, I was thinking of maybe flaming up the center piece, but since it has things there, I figured it would just be wasted. I did forget to square it though.

2560x512 is the skin size, and you use the Slice Select tool, you right click on it, and select "Promote to user slice and use these options, then you save for web and devices with these options. You name it as a base, for this one, I named it nUI_DK, and it will name it automatically.

Wow .. that does make it easier .. rofl .. don't think I found anything like that the other day when I looked in PsP..

Xrystal 06-13-09 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havoxx (Post 142975)
Here is the final version, I'm going to try and make a top console for it tomorrow, it's bed time lol.

Very nice havoxx.

voodoodad 06-14-09 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havoxx (Post 142975)

Me ruv you rong time if you put this up for download!

<----- Puttin' out a wierd new Scooby Doo/Full Metal Jacket vibe...

Lackin 06-14-09 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havoxx (Post 142946)
lol, selfish!, anyway, I'm not posting it, but here it is so you all can drool and ogle at it :D

Thats awsome

spiel2001 06-14-09 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voodoodad (Post 142992)
Puttin' out a wierd new Scooby Doo/Full Metal Jacket vibe...

roflmao

Buy me coke?

Petrah 06-14-09 07:01 AM

Quote:

You can drop the size of the image considerably by unticking the Interlaced option. :p ;)

havoxx 06-14-09 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silenia (Post 143015)
You can drop the size of the image considerably by unticking the Interlaced option. :p ;)

Yea, but the BLP is the same size regardless of what you do, the PNG's are only about 30 kb, the BLP is about 300, probably so uncompressed that it doesn't matter what size the PNG is :D.

spiel2001 06-14-09 07:34 AM

I'm not sure of the format of the BLP, but I'm almost certain it uses zero compression -- it's all about in-game performance, not size. Compression has to be decompressed and that costs CPU cycles.

Petrah 06-14-09 07:50 AM

Hmmm I never noticed that. Why are the blp's so big (why don't they use compression)??

Never mind. I see now. I'm not really use to working with that format. I'm use to either gif or png.

Curumtiny 06-14-09 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havoxx (Post 142946)

I am not being selfish I was just pointing out a way for you to improvise, adapt, and overcome your lack of game credit. Remember after all Blizzard Cried, and Donations died! :banana::banana:

Petrah 06-14-09 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 143022)
it's all about in-game performance, not size.

I could really have fun with that statement.. but imma behave.... this time! :D

spiel2001 06-14-09 08:23 AM

Why start now?

:eek:

havoxx 06-14-09 09:02 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is the final one, with the top console, the console is separate, but will be included in the package, as well as a separate download. I made that arthas rendering, I couldn't find any good ones of him, so I got him and his sword :D and mocked it up, I think it came out good. I just wish the top could be bigger, he's miniature.

Lackin 06-14-09 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havoxx (Post 143028)
Here is the final one, with the top console, the console is separate, but will be included in the package, as well as a separate download. I made that arthas rendering, I couldn't find any good ones of him, so I got him and his sword :D and mocked it up, I think it came out good. I just wish the top could be bigger, he's miniature.

Just one thing is there a way you can remove arthas i put my player/target bar down on the other bar.

Depresjon 06-21-09 03:19 AM

Quote:

2560x512 is the skin size, and you use the Slice Select tool, you right click on it, and select "Promote to user slice and use these options, then you save for web and devices with these options. You name it as a base, for this one, I named it nUI_DK, and it will name it automatically

Thank you for this tip :)

Irishfire 05-16-10 11:54 AM

Is there a chance you could lower position of the 2 knights on top bar about an 1/8 or 1/4 of an inch, do to fact titan bar cuts off the head. Or tell me how.

Irishfire 05-22-10 02:33 PM

If you still are updating this being most posts are are year ago. Don't know how I could get the 2 pictures to lower but if there is a way it would be nice. Great art by the way.

LordBaldric 05-24-10 08:08 AM

Did this theme ever become available for download?

contramundi 06-01-10 05:17 AM

@lordbaldric: actually it dit ;)

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...19-nUI_DK.html

or just click the button "addon author" below havoxx name and you'll see the complete list of the addons he released :)