WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Bug Reports (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   nUI6 - Ouch! (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32942)

Dreadrel 06-03-10 07:20 PM

nUI6 - Ouch!

After installing nUI6 alpha and logging on, everything looked ok and I had no error messages. I then logged off and disabled nUI6. When I logged back on all my addons were messed up. When I logged off and went to the Add on page ALL of my add ons had been enabled for ALL my toons. Ugh! I hope you can fix this. It will be awhile before I try nUI6 alpha again.

Dreadrel

spiel2001 06-03-10 07:26 PM

nUI6 would *NOT* have caused all of your addons to be enabled... it's not capable of doing such a thing. That functionality is entirely handled by Blizzard and I couldn't even break that if I wanted to as it would be a HUGE security hole if an addon could do what you describe.

I'm not sure what happened there, but I assure you it had *NOTHING* to do with nUI6... jus' sayin'

Dreadrel 06-03-10 10:56 PM

I hear you. All I know is that after disabling nUI6 (and nothing else) and relogging all my addons were enabled. It may be a mystery, but it did happen.

Drugekull 06-04-10 01:41 AM

I didn't have the same problem I disabled NUI6 yesterday just to run a few 5 mans and everything went back to the way it was so I don't think NUI6 caused your problem

Seerah 06-04-10 08:56 AM

(Just fyi, an addon can enable/disable other addons, but I'm sure spiel would know if he had EnableAddOn("blah") in his code. ;) )

spiel2001 06-04-10 11:13 AM

I was unaware that addons could disable addons... I knew they could load them, etc. Seems like a huge hole to me... but okay.

To be sure, I definitely have *no* Enable/DisableAddon() calls in any of my code.

And thanks for the education... now I can wreak havoc on addons I don't like ~grin~

(kidding)

Dreadrel 06-04-10 11:15 AM

This morning I decided to see if I could reproduce the problem....nada...My most likely explanation is that after disabling nUI6 and moving my mouse on the Add-on screen to click "OK," I indadvertantly clicked on "Enable All." At this point I think it was a false alarm.

Dreadrel

Xrystal 06-04-10 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 190986)
I was unaware that addons could disable addons... I knew they could load them, etc. Seems like a huge hole to me... but okay.

To be sure, I definitely have *no* Enable/DisableAddon() calls in any of my code.

And thanks for the education... now I can wreak havoc on addons I don't like ~grin~

(kidding)

Psst . what about your infopanel addons rofl. I know I use DisableAddon to stop an infopanel addon from running if the one thats running overrides it.

EG. DecursiveOmen InfoPanel turns off Decursive and Omen InfoPanels if they are loaded as it seems to not like multiple infopanels for the same addon rofl.

spiel2001 06-04-10 04:58 PM

I don't use that command in any of my code. Even plugins.

Until today, I didn't even know you could do that.