WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Technical Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   blue ring on the minimap (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20880)

fred 03-02-09 12:44 PM

blue ring on the minimap

1 Attachment(s)
Spiel, did you happen to notice my minimap in the screenies? I didn't touch them, but it's not stretched to the opening? 1280 by 720 widescreen.Not sure if that's the correct size. And the blue ring on the minimap I've had for awhile, is it a mod that has a minimap button that nUi is having difficulty managing?

Apraxia 03-02-09 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fred (Post 118813)
Spiel, did you happen to notice my minimap in the screenies? I didn't touch them, but it's not stretched to the opening? 1280 by 720 widescreen.Not sure if that's the correct size. And the blue ring on the minimap I've had for awhile, is it a mod that has a minimap button that nUi is having difficulty managing?

My minimap has always looked like that as well. 1280x800 widescreen resolution here.

Petrah 03-02-09 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apraxia (Post 118833)
My minimap has always looked like that as well. 1280x800 widescreen resolution here.

Scott made a post sometime back about the size of the minimap. I think he said something about it being fixed in a future release.

As for that ghost button image for the previous poster... I had an addon that did that, if i remember correctly it was FishingBuddy, but it could of been another addon. At any rate, you can prolly figure out which addon it is by disabling 5 addons at a time till you can narrow it down. I don't think that is an issue caused by nUI because when I experienced it I wasn't using nUI (I was using Simple Mini Map though).

fred 03-02-09 07:22 PM

Well, I have over 200 mods....maybe when I get a sec.Just thought I'd mention it.

nUI memory shot up to ever 50 mb, took a screenshot at 47 mb if you might wanna see it.

spiritwulf 03-02-09 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fred (Post 118843)
Well, I have over 200 mods....maybe when I get a sec.Just thought I'd mention it.

nUI memory shot up to ever 50 mb, took a screenshot at 47 mb if you might wanna see it.

oof. Over 200 mods is nasty. Not that im judging, at one time i had over 280 lol. One thing i learned though is that when you start aproaching addon numbers like that they all start feeding on each other. I imagine it is especialy so for nUI. There is so much info flying around and many of the addons are trying to incorporate all that info into each other and work together so that it increases the amount of work they are doing. Which is part of the point of nUI in trying to be a single integrated system. With that many mods bombarding nUI with info i would expect it to be using more resources ;)
You are in the forest with 200 other people standing around you. Your eyes are closed. You hear a roar. A bear is coming! And they all yell 'run that way!'.... well, you get the idea :D
Or it could be something Scott did, what did you forget this time Scott? hehehehe :banana:

Apraxia 03-03-09 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiritwulf (Post 118869)
oof. Over 200 mods is nasty. Not that im judging, at one time i had over 280 lol. One thing i learned though is that when you start aproaching addon numbers like that they all start feeding on each other. I imagine it is especialy so for nUI. There is so much info flying around and many of the addons are trying to incorporate all that info into each other and work together so that it increases the amount of work they are doing. Which is part of the point of nUI in trying to be a single integrated system. With that many mods bombarding nUI with info i would expect it to be using more resources ;)
You are in the forest with 200 other people standing around you. Your eyes are closed. You hear a roar. A bear is coming! And they all yell 'run that way!'.... well, you get the idea :D
Or it could be something Scott did, what did you forget this time Scott? hehehehe :banana:

LOLz, I can feel ya both as well. I myself BEFORE nUI was going between 160-180 addons. I can thankfully say that this UI as brought my list to under 90! and it's only getting better and better each time. MOAR

Petrah 03-03-09 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apraxia (Post 118879)
LOLz, I can feel ya both as well. I myself BEFORE nUI was going between 160-180 addons. I can thankfully say that this UI as brought my list to under 90! and it's only getting better and better each time. MOAR

36 addons here... RAWR! :banana:

spiel2001 03-08-09 03:56 AM

I'm pretty sure that blue ring on the Minimap is Recipe Radar Fred... do you have it installed? If you open your minimap button bag, btw, that blue ring goes away.

As for the size of the minimap, I'm pretty sure if you switch your unit frame mode to Party you'll find that there's just a small border all the way around the minimap which is intentional... no plans to change that at this time.