WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Insane amount of errors (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45031)

timidangel 10-31-12 11:33 PM

Insane amount of errors

Everytime i turn in a quest/pick up a quest i get an insane amount of errors, last time it was up to over 800 and still wouldnt stop so i just logged off, the errors look alot like the ones here

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=44784

i dont understand because my husband and i both have the exact same add ons, except he has npc scan and npc overlay which i dont have anymore ......running the same carbonite and everything but he doesnt get the errors, any ideas on what might be causing them?

i'd post the exact errors but i dont know how to copy them or anything

tinyu 11-01-12 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timidangel (Post 268163)
Everytime i turn in a quest/pick up a quest i get an insane amount of errors, last time it was up to over 800 and still wouldnt stop so i just logged off, the errors look alot like the ones here

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=44784

i dont understand because my husband and i both have the exact same add ons, except he has npc scan and npc overlay which i dont have anymore ......running the same carbonite and everything but he doesnt get the errors, any ideas on what might be causing them?

i'd post the exact errors but i dont know how to copy them or anything

From the link you provided it looks like you are using Carbonite version 5.05.03 the current version is 5.05.05.

I suggest updating to the latest Carbonite version and see if the problems persist.

timidangel 11-01-12 10:34 PM

i have the newest one, the same one my husband has, i just posted that thread because my errors were similiar they all had to do with NXquest and such, i'll see if i can figure out how to copy the errors so i can post them here

JimJoBlue 11-02-12 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timidangel (Post 268227)
i have the newest one, the same one my husband has, i just posted that thread because my errors were similiar they all had to do with NXquest and such, i'll see if i can figure out how to copy the errors so i can post them here

Do you get a screen with the addon errors? Can you select all the text? If you can then you can highlight the text and press Ctrl+C to copy it to the clipboard and Ctrl+V to paste it into a post here...

If you can't select the text, don't worry... I use and recommend 2 addons called Buggrabber and Bugsack. These 2 need each other to work correctly but it will do what I have described above

timidangel 11-07-12 08:52 PM

ok so the count was up to 7500 errors when i ended up just closing wow , i was playing fine with no errors, so was my husband, but when we grouped up we both started getting errors, this is the first part of mine that was showing up

Message: Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:7937: attempt to index local 'cur' (a nil value)
Time: 11/07/12 21:47:31
Count: 2647
Stack: Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:7937: in function `TrackOnMap'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:7809: in function `CalcAutoTrack'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:6925: in function `UpdateList'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:6837: in function `F'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxTimer.lua:111: in function `OnUpdate'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:1113: in function `NXOnUpdate'
[string "*:OnUpdate"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnUpdate"]:1>

Locals: self = <table> {
IconTracking = <table> {
}
UnpackCategory = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:8078
DailyTypes = <table> {
}
IsTargeted = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:7842
Menu_OnTrack = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:1137
GetQuestReward = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:1187
DecodeComRcv = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:8967
MsgNotInDB = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:3150
Watch = <table> {
}
AcceptAId = 611
PartyStartSend = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:9186
GOpts = <table> {
}
CheckQuestSE = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:1077
GetFromPlyr = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:2970
TTChange = <table> {
}
TooltipProcess2 = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:3260
IdToCurQ = <table> {
}
PerColors = <table> {
}
GetClosestObjectivePos = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:8487
RecordQuestsLog = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:1388
ExtractTitle = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:2174
CalcCNumMax = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:2004
UnpackObjective = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:8119
ClearCaptured = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:2989
TooltipProcess = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:3234
SelectBlizz = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:1239
UnpackNext = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:8068
ShowUIPanel = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:3781
CapturePlyrData = <table> {
}
GetObjectiveType = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:8140
PartyUpdateTimer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:9178
MapChanged = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:1905
OnParty_members_changed = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:9047
AlchemistsApprenticeData = <table> {
}
UpdateQuestDetails = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:5955
DailyIds = <table> {
}
CalcDesc = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:2134
UnpackLoc = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:8713
CalcPreviousDone = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:2040
AccessAllQuests = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:1334
IconOnMouseDown = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:5902
UpdateGiverIconMenu = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:7736
WatchAtLogin = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:2817
CreateLink = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:2166
LightHeadedAttach = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:3876
RecordQuestAcceptOrFinish = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:2323
Goto = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:2847
RealQEntries = 2
AcceptQuest = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:1169
GetHistoryTimer = <function> d

anyone have any ideas at all? please?

timidangel 11-07-12 08:55 PM

we also ungrouped, abandoned the quest , picked it back up (since picking up the quest was when we got the errors) and we never got the errors as long as we were not grouped

Rythal 11-08-12 06:41 PM

lil more info please....

does it happen the moment you group? or only after someone gets a quest?
does it only happen to one of you? or both?

I think I know what's causing it to fix it, but i'd prefer to be able to see it happen so I can be sure I fix it right

timidangel 11-08-12 10:37 PM

it happens when we pick up a quest i believe, it doesnt happen as soon as we group, but when we pick up the quest, it may happen when we turn in a quest, because so often you turn in a quest and pick up a new one at the same time, but im thinking its when we pick them up, it happens to both of us .....this morning i went into blizzards interface and he did too and we both turned off display LUA errors so we were able to play grouped this morning but typically we couldnt because when the errors came up, the only way to get them to stop was to log out and back on .....i hope this answers your question, if not when he gets home from work i can group up with him again and we can get more exact info if you need it....thank you so much for looking into this Rythal

timidangel 11-09-12 08:28 AM

ok Rythal, after further inspection today it appears to be happening for sure when we turn in quests, i can not yet confirm whether its when we pick them up as well but definitely when turning in

timidangel 11-11-12 03:35 PM

and last night we got errors as soon as we grouped lol, so it seems to happen at all 3 of those times, though last night was the first time it happened as soon as we grouped

Rythal 11-12-12 09:48 PM

should be fixed in this new version.